XRP Telegram bot

I’ve been using the bot since early December. There have been lots of Telegram bot scams, but so far the owner appears transparent about it all. He uses arbitrage to generate the profits and doesn’t rely on partners like previous bots. Plus he’s been helpful and even offers refunds if you really want out. Plus there’s a community chat of other bot users where we talk about the bot and give advice and help to each other. The bot pays back 1 percent of your investment daily, along with .5 percent profit daily, for 99 days. In total you will earn a profit of about 48.5 percent. You can also reinvest as you go along, to compound your earnings. So is it a scam? Maybe, maybe not. If it is a scam, then now is the best time to join since the bot only started in October. I only put less than 5 percent of my stack into the bot, since I’m willing to lose that if it goes under. My strategy is to withdraw all of my seed money sooner rather than later (you can do so by day 66 of your contract)  and just operate the bot on profits. That way I won’t lose anything if it goes under. Some people have put all of their XRP into the bot, but I strongly recommend against doing that. As with anything, only put into it what you’re willing to lose.

Hi,  I know I'm new here, have been an XRP holder only since  Christmas 2018 (8000 XRP only) . I'm Late joining the XRP party but have read as much as I can this last few weeks. 

I started playing with trades on Kraken but since I have owned xrp, the price has been flatlining 0.33-039 I would say and there's probably no moon for years! I'm hopeful like you all in the long term. 

I have also put a few coins in the telegram bot mentioned in the post.  The telegram bot has a support group of about 1600 subscribers and I have been in their telegram support room for sometime.  It's fairly thriving and people are happy.  The owners and admin are very nice and supportive.  I have gotten regular daily 1.5%  payments so far,  but it takes 66  days to recoup your initial deposit,  and the remaining 33 days you receive the profits above and beyond your initial deposit.  So ultimately it's a 66 day gamble (to safely get your XRP back)  for the hope of 148% profit at 99 days.  So don't risk it all! 

Lots of people have referred others and made commission,  I haven't referred anyone ever, but if you want to private message me,  i can give more details and my own personal credentials. (I'm not a bot, not a scammer,  a hard working healthcare professional who is just learning about crypto!)

I'll send you the link via PM if interested and I'll show some screenshots of my 10 day progress.  

I haven't made any referrals to the bot before but would surely be happy to earn some commission in an honest way,  with the best of intentions, if nothing else. 

This all sounds exactly like a classic Ponzi scheme, particularly the guaranteed profit bit and the wonderfully symmetric mnemonic of 99 days, 66 days and 33 days. Scammers tend to be exceptionally professional and courteous while building their pyramid scheme. Then the investor growth flattens and POOF! they're gone with everyone's money...

Please exercise extreme caution with this one please.

What Pablo says. If even they start this with best intentions it could possibly backfire in their own faces. And trust me, when that happens they will cut their losses, at the cost of the users.

If something sounds to good, get very suspicious. There is great risk when you put your faith in other peoples hands.

I agree with Pablo and Caracappa,  everything on paper sounds like a Ponzi and the numbers and classic daily 1.5% return all seems sinister.  The alleged theory is the bot is using the capital in an arbitrage manner but you never see this working behind the scene.  Although there is a YouTube showing it in action. 

The support group has been helpful but of course I worry that one day I go in and it's all disappeared.  I guess that's the big 66 day risk, so definitely don't put too much in. (if at all). I'm ten days in and really hoping 66 days in, I'm still good. I'll be Happy to show screenshots 66 days in - to show I survived or if it all collapsed.. 

I just had some coins in my balance that weren't doing anything, and I don't know how to do meaningful trades at all (total newbie),  and all my reading so far suggests xrp and crypto really is for the long term.. So I started playing with my crypto.. 

I ended up transferring some into this bot (honestly,  I was more curious on how crypto transfers and excited to have a few wallets and access to a few exchanges and owning crypto) then advocating for this bot. It's the only thing that I'm currently actively doing with crypto for now (and I have definitely put some of my crypto)  at risk. 

In the meantime I'm just reading more about xrp as I'm sure we will be hearing about this more in my life time and sons lifetime,  so it's nice to have some crypto before its synonymous with dailylife..

(providing the potential  ponzi scheme doesn't demoralise me!) 

7 hours ago, Jbug81 said:

I agree with Pablo and Caracappa,  everything on paper sounds like a Ponzi and the numbers and classic daily 1.5% return all seems sinister.  The alleged theory is the bot is using the capital in an arbitrage manner but you never see this working behind the scene.  Although there is a YouTube showing it in action. 

The support group has been helpful but of course I worry that one day I go in and it's all disappeared.  I guess that's the big 66 day risk, so definitely don't put too much in. (if at all). I'm ten days in and really hoping 66 days in, I'm still good. I'll be Happy to show screenshots 66 days in - to show I survived or if it all collapsed.. 

I just had some coins in my balance that weren't doing anything, and I don't know how to do meaningful trades at all (total newbie),  and all my reading so far suggests xrp and crypto really is for the long term.. So I started playing with my crypto.. 

I ended up transferring some into this bot (honestly,  I was more curious on how crypto transfers and excited to have a few wallets and access to a few exchanges and owning crypto) then advocating for this bot. It's the only thing that I'm currently actively doing with crypto for now (and I have definitely put some of my crypto)  at risk. 

In the meantime I'm just reading more about xrp as I'm sure we will be hearing about this more in my life time and sons lifetime,  so it's nice to have some crypto before its synonymous with dailylife..

(providing the potential  ponzi scheme doesn't demoralise me!) 

I agree, I’m only putting a tiny amount of my XRP into it and have been using the reinvest option daily. Pretty soon I will get to an amount where I can take out my seed in less than a month. Then I will just reinvest during the weekdays and withdraw during the weekends until it goes under. It’s still early, so people who got in early will most likely get their initial investment back.

Don't wanna be rude, but this is a straight clasic Ponzi. It will work for a couple of days/weeks, then you won't be able to withdraw your funds anymore and POOF gone like Pablo said.

Research BetRobot online. I lost a bit of BTC in 2017 because of this. The guy had a story just like this arbitrage bot thing. It was about sports betting tho. It had the exact the same Telegram API lol.

Thanks Sam,  yes ,  so I'll just hope I can get out in time before it goes offline. I'll let you know the outcome either way. Im withdrawing my 1.5% return  each day so the closer I get to 66 days the closer I get to minimising losses. 

+1 to the Ponzi / Pyramid scheme. Illegal in many countries.

The new signs ups money pays for the money to the existing members.

As the scheme grows more and more new signs ups are required to fund the growing pool of existing members. After some time it collapses, and everybody loses out except maybe the very earliest in.

Chances are no trading actually takes place.

The only person who is guaranteed the big pay day is the creator.

@KraevMD Yes of course it's a scam.  If someone could make 1.5% a day with a $10,000 investment they would have over $2 million at the end of the year.  Why on earth would they need your money if they could make that kind of return????  Don't be a fool, a guarantee of 10% interest a year is a scam!!! (Bernie Madoff) so yeah 22,000% guaranteed interest is a scam.  

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, XRP_WhaleAlert said:

Already withdrew more then just my seed and playing with house money.

This is exactly how ponzis propagate. Earlier investors get to play with the money of later investors and keep promoting the scam not realising (or misrepresenting) what is happening to downstream investors. 

I don’t want proof of your returns. That’s easy. What I want is proof that every single investor has made the same guaranteed returns and cashed out. Because if you can prove that, you have found the mythical money tree and we’ll all get rich! 

Looking into this, particularly after the samiam recommendation and then refutation/mea culpa over the matter.

There is a telegram bot template that can be purchased and tied to a coinpayments account. The bot itself has nothing to do with trading, it is simply a ledger operator that runs on telegram and allows you to add extra currencies at a price.

https://botkeys.com/product/telegram-multi-coin-investment-bot/

That is not to say it is legit, what it does is provide a method of building funds and tracking membership. What you do with the said coinpayments accounts is entirely up to you.

As for the demonstration that I have watched, which was demonstrating a homemade bot running on an AWS machine, enough indicators were provided for me to believe that (for the one I watched) a bot was certainly built around the ccxt python library for pulling public and private trading pairs as well as resident accounts.

https://github.com/ccxt/ccxt

In the video they were using a legit setup (known a swapping) but the method requires a lot of correspondent capital. Really similar to nostro/vostro setups really, because the classic way of buying/moving/selling often sucks away gains from the arbitrage. These two pages do a good job of explaining the arbitrage challenges and the potential of using swaps instead of transfers.

https://blog.coinfabrik.com/what-i-have-learned-from-my-arbitrage-experiences-with-cryptoassets/

https://blog.coinfabrik.com/an-efficient-algorithm-to-exploit-arbitrage-opportunities-in-crypto-markets/

That being said, it is not inconceivable for a person to get decent returns on a $10,000 investment running such bots daily. The problem is latency (not all exchanges offer websocket connections) and also the general thin nature of the order books - you might get a trade in for 0.5-1% profit over the day for perhaps $500-1000 of your pool, but that certainly doesn't  magically change into 1.5% guaranteed on $10,000 per day.

That being said, there are some very cool pages dedicated to the topic, and interesting python utility libraries there to help you design your trades. A savvy person with the right algo could build a pretty decent bot - which raises the question of - how would you share this bot with others in order to build a larger pool of funds to feed all of the necessary exchange accounts to pull it off?

I'm not saying I think these sites are not ponzi schemes - what I am saying is that if a person did develop a good set of swap algorithms the whole telegram bot enterprise is not a surprising way of generating an investor pool to feed your engine.

But again, for the 1-2% of quants who really do develop this kind of tech, I think it would be more profitable to head to Quantopia or 3commas or invest earnings into a proprietary system. I certainly would not want to just fork out $300-$500 for a telegram bot that could just as easily have backdoors and all sorts of other nefarious stuff going on.