King34Maine

IFGS 2018 Panel: Blockchain - Pipeline or Pipe dream? - Marcus Treacher, Ripple's Global Head of Strategic Accounts

Thanks for posting. Great chat by Marcus as always & all the panellists seemed to share many of the same visions.

I'll plead ignorance on the what & how but Marcus referred to being infinitely scalable, presume this just includes off ledger type actions.....Either way love seeing such confidence!!!

Edited by scoobysi
typo

21 minutes ago, scoobysi said:

I'll plead ignorance on the what & how but Marcus referred to being infinitely scalable, presume this just includes off ledger type actions.....Either way love seeing such confidence!!!

You're welcome. Yeah, I think he must've been referring to ILP.

Treacher Quote

When will it happen

MT:  Now..it's here...our banks processed our first billion dollars this month, since we launched, and we will quickly do our second and third and forth...and the network is building every day and transact every two 2 seconds from Japan to Thailand, I don't know...Sweden to the USA so my message careful with this stuff it is this real, this is not out their five years on, its like frogs being born in water and if you are not careful it is too late to jump, the world's  moved

not sure if that is a billion using XRP or XCurrent plus XRP?

Edited by Julian_Williams

1 hour ago, DividendGamer said:

Will be nice to look back in a couple years when there are billions per day being transferred with xrp.

yes a billion is a very small number in relation to the size of the daily market, but it is a lot of money to trust to any system. I expect that once they trust the system users will very quickly ramp it up and up.  But at this level it is little wonder that we cannot see XRP usage by Ripplenet.