Thanks @Hodor once again, you have a kind soul !  when XRP is at a reasonable price I intend to help others , I don't have much as some , so my zerps will be for family first and for me to buy time so I can have better work/life balance,  my 70 hrs a week is  hard on the family,  hope that doesn't sound selfish. In New Zealand there is some worthy causes that need some love. If we could just skip the walk part ,of crawl,  walk, then run scenario, then we could help others much quicker :) as for crypto Eri ,big kudos to her.

Thank you, its good of you to use a whole post to emphasise how people are using XRP for charitable causes.  I believe in using wealth to help others and if my investment makes millions I will use the money for projects that would benefit my community.  However, I think XRP's biggest contribution to helping the needy will be through projects like Mojoloop, bringing financial services to remote communities  and cutting out corruption in aid programs.  In my opinion the self auditing features of Digital currencies are going to stop a lot of fraud and embezzlement.

Obviously yesterday's news arrived too late to be included in this present post. I think the new sign ups are going to become a torrent in coming months.  It will be difficult to review them all, even if you post twice a week.

1 hour ago, Truckdriver said:

Thanks @Hodor once again, you have a kind soul !  when XRP is at a reasonable price I intend to help others , I don't have much as some , so my zerps will be for family first and for me to buy time so I can have better work/life balance,  my 70 hrs a week is  hard on the family,  hope that doesn't sound selfish. In New Zealand there is some worthy causes that need some love. If we could just skip the walk part ,of crawl,  walk, then run scenario, then we could help others much quicker :) as for crypto Eri ,big kudos to her.

Great post Truckdriver. There is nothing selfish about your plans and aims. 

1 hour ago, Truckdriver said:

In New Zealand there is some worthy causes that need some love.

Excellent! 

It would be cool if we had some sort of directory, eventually, from the GSG, just in case people want to 'donate locally.'  I'll flag @buckor in case he wants to weigh in; it's an all-volunteer effort at present. 

55 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

I think XRP's biggest contribution to helping the needy will be through projects like Mojoloop, bringing financial services to remote communities  and cutting out corruption in aid programs.  In my opinion the self auditing features of Digital currencies are going to stop a lot of fraud and embezzlement.

Good point.  And I agree with you on the anti-corruption remedy of using DLT; it makes me wonder who will 'push back' against the transparency of DLT.  I think you'll be able to quickly identify any corruption based on that perceived threat from implementing DLT. 

The leaders at an international level know that it will cut down on corruption, and I'm sure that's one reason they are supporting DLT. 

1 hour ago, Hodor said:

Good point.  And I agree with you on the anti-corruption remedy of using DLT; it makes me wonder who will 'push back' against the transparency of DLT.  I think you'll be able to quickly identify any corruption based on that perceived threat from implementing DLT. 

The leaders at an international level know that it will cut down on corruption, and I'm sure that's one reason they are supporting DLT. 

Some years ago the Afghan police police began paying by mobile phone and the officers found their wages suddenly went up!  I think this is going to happen on a much larger scale when money goes digital.  Also the black markets will find it harder to function.  https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/mobile-phones/8002755/Afghanistan-shows-the-UK-how-mobile-banking-should-be-done.html

In 2009, the Afghan National Police began to pay salaries through mobile phones, rather than in cash. It immediately found that at least 10 per cent of its previous payments had been going to non-existent policemen; corrupt middlemen in the police were taking the difference for themselves. Most Afghan policemen assumed that they had been given a pay rise, when they simply had received their full pay for the first time. In some cases they received pay 'rises' of up to a third.

In New Zealand there is some worthy causes that need some love.

Excellent! 

It would be cool if we had some sort of directory, eventually, from the GSG, just in case people want to 'donate locally.'  I'll flag [mention=10253]buckor[/mention] in case he wants to weigh in; it's an all-volunteer effort at present. 

This is a great idea! And I know the GSG is working on putting vetted charitable projects into a "single location" so that people can feel confident about giving to these organizations and projects.
@Truckdriver, if you have a specific organization or project you'd like everyone to look at just let me know...you can send a message if you'd like.

Thank you very much for your heart and@Hodor, thank you very much for all the passion you have for and compassion you have in the XRP Community!

3 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

Some years ago the Afghan police police began paying by mobile phone and the officers found their wages suddenly went up!  I think this is going to happen on a much larger scale when money goes digital.  Also the black markets will find it harder to function.  https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/mobile-phones/8002755/Afghanistan-shows-the-UK-how-mobile-banking-should-be-done.html

Awesome example, @Julian_Williams

Sign in to follow this