21x2

Greenspan: XRP Not A Security But Community Still Too Aggressive

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, JBW said:

I did not like to read this. I don't know if it is true or not.

Greenspan argued that this aggressiveness may be pushing the financial institutions away. Banks that had publicly considered adopting XRP later decided against it, largely because of the unruly online community, he said. This behavior may be harming XRP’s chances of mainstream adoption .

100% possible imo, as I said before in Dec:

Edited by JA8

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Truckdriver said:

Banks and FI's aren't going to deviate from there road map in front of them ,because of a few rowdy spectators.

It's not just a few rowdy spectators though. It's an army of overly-zealous, impatient teenagers. They're so loud and so active on social media that they run the risk of producing an absolutely massive noise to signal ratio. This makes it more difficult than it could be for potential partners to discern the seriousness of the company.

It all feeds into the decision making process.  Banks in particular are used to exclusively dealing with impeccable organisations keeping impeccable company. 

It's not a hopeless cause obviously, but I don't see massive XRP adoption until the "XRP army" essentially disappears. If they have to lose all of their money for that to happen, so be it. I'd welcome revisiting lows of 1 cent if it got rid of them.

Edited by JA8

11 minutes ago, JA8 said:

It's not just a few rowdy spectators though. It's an army of overly-zealous, impatient teenagers. They're so loud and so active on social media that they run the risk of producing an absolutely massive noise to signal ratio. This makes it more difficult than it could be for potential partners to discern the seriousness of the company.

It all feeds into the decision making process.  Banks in particular are used to exclusively dealing with impeccable organisations keeping impeccable company. 

It's not a hopeless cause obviously, but I don't see massive XRP adoption until the "XRP army" essentially disappears. If they have to lose all of their money for that to happen, so be it. I'd welcome revisiting lows of 1 cent if it got rid of them.

You know how coal turns into a diamond when superman squeezes it?  You're clutching your pearls that tightly.

Oh.  I forgot:  :D

kind of agree with the sentiment here from mati though that these extreme xrp zealots on twitter etc are just embarrassing, and it ends up being counterproductive most of time and only annoys people

a few of the community heads seem ok but in general, probably the worst "community" along with bitcoin maximalists i've seen on social media

40 minutes ago, JA8 said:

It's not a hopeless cause obviously, but I don't see massive XRP adoption until the "XRP army" essentially disappears.

The loud noise on twitter is everywhere. Not just this tiny topic of XRP, that you happen to follow, but everywhere, on all subjects. Until you press that X.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, JBW said:

Greenspan argued that this aggressiveness may be pushing the financial institutions away

What the......:diablo: ?  

XRP community too aggressive :feminist:  

Who the hell he thinks ..... :girl_cray2: ?  

Calling us *%#$£?@ 😡😤🤬💪🏽

BS ! He doesn’t know us at all. 

Edited by Ripple-Stiltskin
Grammar

55 minutes ago, JA8 said:

Agreed,  there is plenty of white noise made from "impatient teenagers" an uneducated zealots, but i'd have to disagree that that would affect their decision making , when they look to this forum and see a distinguished gentleman like yourself,  the white noise will be forgotten,  :good:

1 hour ago, JA8 said:

I'd welcome these lows as I'd fill my pockets till they over floweth (it's the wig :D) , but foresee more masses of youngsters entering at this price point  and the problem persists,  in all, we are small fish swimming in a shark tank and what a few say won't have much bearing. I do not wish to cause offense (No need for pistols at dawn :)) so will have to agree mostly to disagree. Anyway back to the picket line for me:clapping:

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Benchmark said:

Is any serious board room really reading tweets of random internet people to help them decide?

Yes, it’s a normal part of due diligence. The XRP army I’ve mentioned is one of the most immediately noticeable things about XRP.

You can pretty much guarantee that some potential partners will be thinking: “Getting swept up in this kind of hype really won’t look good later on, if XRapid doesn’t work out as intended. Let’s wait a few years and see how much of this is just hype”. 

It slows down adoption - that should be obvious really. I'm sure Mr. Greenspan knows fairly intimately how these types of decisions get made.

Edited by JA8

@JA8I don't see any connections between XRP Army shills and XRP adoption. Don't you think any bank would, even after a DD you mention, say smth like: ohhh Jeeez, we like XRP so much and we want to save 60% on cross border remittances costs but we wont adopt XRP just because crazy XRP Army on Twitter?

That sounds childish IMO.

3 hours ago, JA8 said:

You can pretty much guarantee that some potential partners will be thinking: “Getting swept up in this kind of hype really won’t look good later on, if XRapid doesn’t work out as intended. Let’s wait a few years and see how much of this is just hype”. 

That's what NDA's are for.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, JBW said:

I did not like to read this. I don't know if it is true or not.

Greenspan argued that this aggressiveness may be pushing the financial institutions away. Banks that had publicly considered adopting XRP later decided against it, largely because of the unruly online community, he said. This behavior may be harming XRP’s chances of mainstream adoption .

Yeah. That article is total bs. Sponsors are running away from endorsing football because their fans KILL people at games. The name Greenspan got me to look, stopped when the name was Mati. Lol

Edited by Inruin

4 minutes ago, Inruin said:

Yeah. That article is total bs. Sponsors are running away from endorsing football because their fans KILL people at games. The name Greenspan got me to look, stopped when the name was Mati. Lol

Yeah, I'll admit to making a mental note that the sentiment bots aren't numerous enough or on-the-job enough in the space for "Greenspan says [positive thing for price of XRP]" to have much of an effect.  Then again, the kids who programmed them probably don't even know Alan Greenspan - or maybe the bots are smart enough to totally discount this "Mati Greenspan" person (something with which the the humans in this thread seem to be struggling).

Oh, yeah:  :D