21x2

Greenspan: XRP Not A Security But Community Still Too Aggressive

My personal view

When does a bank listen to there cliënt??

If a XRP community make there point what's wrong with that ?

Thank You Banks that we open our mouth after the 2008 crisis 

Maybe Mr Greenspan Loves still swift 🤔

I do agree that there's a toxic attitude on Twitter.

The XRP community has the need/right to educate people, battle FUD, and promote the XRP ecosystem, but there's no need for the type of negativity that's being banded about on that platform. 

'Kill them with kindness'. The facts speak for themselves, and they would be easier for other people to digest if they weren't delivered so emotionally - which was certainly used to be the paradigm!

4 minutes ago, Tripple said:

The XRP community has the need/right to educate people, battle FUD, and promote the XRP ecosystem

Totally agree,  Twitter seems way more aggressive ,keyboard warriors,  on this forum we are much more civilized :D

8 minutes ago, cmbartley said:

The online "XRP army" really should chill out..

I hear what your saying ,But Banks and FI's aren't going to deviate from there road map in front of them ,because of a few rowdy spectators,  sometimes people need to be held accountable for spreading fud, I know you have common sense, but common sense is not that common.

Posted (edited)

Yeah I'm sure some of the banks have their Twitter PR people helping make business decisions behind the scenes. It's honestly unreal what people can come up with these days. That being said, it's getting pathetic how often CZ Binance and others are tagged by some popular figures in the community to add certain things. As well as the whole Coinbase thing, people are still consistently pushing this when it's irrelevant and more annoying to see people giving them exposure everyday. CZ and many others already have a plan and will add certain pairings/make business decisions on whatever makes sense, the others such as CB have their own agenda so it's useless. I don't however have a problem with people being aggressive towards situations like the one with Etoro/Kraken and how they're conducting themselves. At least they're being exposed as a result of all of this, and people can find other places to perform their crypto trading/business. 

Edited by Moretto

3 hours ago, JBW said:

I did not like to read this. I don't know if it is true or not.

Greenspan argued that this aggressiveness may be pushing the financial institutions away. Banks that had publicly considered adopting XRP later decided against it, largely because of the unruly online community, he said. This behavior may be harming XRP’s chances of mainstream adoption .

Bullocks.

He just was outed by the XRP community for, well, eToro maybe not holding "real" XRP. Of course he tries to throw back dirt.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, LordVetinari said:

His company got called out and humiliated. Nothing about FUD. Nothing more, nothing less. eToro got caught. People thought they were buying XRP but people weren't buying XRP. That's all. 

Yep, that's all you need to know about this article - eToro got legitimately called out by some of the "XRP Army" - and so we get this FUD article in return. 

In reality, banks do not make decisions based on what they read on Twitter -  that's NOT how you run a business, unless you want to run it into the ground.  Furthermore, eToro dissing one of the most popular cryptos it offers is also really bad business.  These guys will never learn.  Yet another reason to avoid eToro.

Edited by 2ndtimearound

Funny.  I got a text the other day that said, effectively, "I need you to use more emojis"...  I think a lot of people, especially young ones, think I'm a hard-ass (and I am, but not that bad --- I'm sure that's what all the real hard-asses think, too, though)...  Really, I'm a sweetheart.  But I'm also old, and sort of set in my ways, and I maybe assume that others will "read between the lines" or "hear it in my voice" (even though most of the kids don't know their phones can be used for talking) or... that they'll pick up on my facial expressions?

And that last one - along with inflection, intonation, and a whole host of other, non-verbal, cues - woke me up to the fact that, maybe, I had to go back to using late 80's ASCII art.

What a world...  It also doesn't help that what was formerly known as rational discourse or scientific inquiry or Socratic method (or any field-specific variation on that theme) is, now, a "threat" to the "safety" of someone who may hold a [slightly to wildly] different viewpoint.  So, I'm gonna do the smile thing - but I can't promise that my eyes won't roll.  :rolleyes:

My mantra for today is gonna be:  "I'm smiling at ya --- but I'm disagreeing with you, so much."  (Is there an emoji for that?)

We'll see how it goes...  If I get committed to some sort of asylum for looking like the cat who ate the canary, I expect the millennials to start and fund a giant GoFundMe page...