Sign in to follow this  
Archbob

Is XRP really underpriced compared to the rest of the market?

So, I did a video and I've been doing some thinking and comparing XRP with other coins that have Utility with similar supplies, I don't actually think XRP is that underpriced compared to the overall crypto market. It already has a giant premium priced in for its future Utility.

What do you guys think?

17 minutes ago, Archbob said:

I don't actually think XRP is that underpriced compared to the overall crypto market. It already has a giant premium priced in for its future Utility.

Which DA is underpriced or which of them are overpriced or fairly priced??

Honestly, no one can answer that question, but if xrp has a giant premium priced in as per you then majority are heavily overpriced IMHO.

Posted (edited)

Well, XRP is supposed to have a big premium over the others because of the hype and future Utility. I'm saying I don't think its underpriced compared to other top coins with Utility, it has a huge premium in price over most of them(everyone except BTC basically).

I think those "XRP price is being suppressed theories" are pretty baseless.

Edited by Archbob

1 minute ago, Archbob said:

it has a huge premium in price over most of them(everyone except BTC basically).

So you mean that others than BTC, say ETH, BCH, LTC, EOS, XLM BSV and TRX(Top Ten) are underpriced comparing to xrp.

As you said xrp has a huge premium over most of them except BTC so it means all others are underpriced compared to xrp??(Everything could be heavily overpriced, I'm just comparing them to each other as per you and not what their real value should be)

I don't think that's true at all tbh, but it's just your opinion against mine.

Posted (edited)

Yeah, based on price against how much supply there is, XRP has a large premium over them. BTC has a giant premium over everything, XRP and ETH are next. You can do it based on Volume as well. ETH has 5 times the volume as XRP, but they are at the same marketcap. That would indicate that the hype and future expected Utility is what is keeping XRP at par with ETH.

Edited by Archbob

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Archbob said:

Yeah, based on price against how much supply there is, XRP has a large premium over them. BTC has a giant premium over everything, XRP and ETH are next. You can do it based on Volume as well. ETH has 5 times the volume as XRP, but they are at the same marketcap. That would indicate that the hype and future expected Utility is what is keeping XRP at par with ETH.

I didn’t even watch the video. Nothing you can compare here on crypto market. Sorry buddy but you have missed several factors but you caught one and that is utility/adoption.

My theory (of course I could be wrong) is and I’m highly convinced it will show as right in the future, XRP utility will require liquidity in order to remit huge volume of cross border payments. XRP is meant as bridge currency. That is very, very important to know.

If they will want to make fast transfers it means they will need less amount of liquid assests and here we come to the fact that the price of XRP will have to be much higher. These has nothing to do with hype or any other crypto asset. Understood?

Edited by XRP_Legacy

Posted (edited)

You can make the same argument for Ethereum for tokenizing the world's stocks and property or VeChain for converting the world to IoT. It works for many of the major cryptocurrencies. Price will always partly depend on the amount of supply you have and with coins that have similar supplies, XRP already has a giant premium priced in so I don't think its actually overpriced compared to the greater market.

Also, the price has everything to do with hype and future expectation of utility, not with current utility. The hype and future expectation is that it will take over s large part of cross-border transfers just like for ETH, people expect it to tokenize much of the stock market.

What I'm saying is that the current price actually does reflect all the news that has come out lately because compared to other coins with the same supply, its far more expensive.

Edited by Archbob

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Archbob said:

You can make the same argument for Ethereum for tokenizing the world's stocks and property or VeChain for converting the world to IoT. It works for many of the major cryptocurrencies. Price will always partly depend on the amount of supply you have and with coins that have similar supplies, XRP already has a giant premium priced in so I don't think its actually overpriced compared to the greater market.

Also, the price has everything to do with hype and future expectation of utility, not with current utility. The hype and future expectation is that it will take over s large part of cross-border transfers just like for ETH, people expect it to tokenize much of the stock market.

What I'm saying is that the current price actually does reflect all the news that has come out lately because compared to other coins with the same supply, its far more expensive.

Did you ever hear about market manipulation? Fundamentals? It could happen first time in history for price to jump because of real use, not speculation. What news??? News are for market manipulation.

We have financial institutions involved into ripple story so we are not talking about investors to lift the price but liquidity for operation. This is totally different and new way to handle the payments! Real technological change, the internet of value. I know this is hard to understand for most of the people at this moment. The same thing happened when internet, www, etc. took slow adoption in 90s. ;)

Edited by XRP_Legacy

1 minute ago, Archbob said:

I mean, yes, the entire cryptocurrency market could be manipulated, but saying that XRP is more so than the rest is based on zero evidence.

Sure. Everything is manipulated until utility overcome speculation and drive the price. It doesn’t make sense to research which crypto is more manipulated.

Ponzi scheme is stretched all over the crypto world still.

XRP was manipulated and so was all other coins. You cannot find any coin which was not manipulated last two years and even before.

What use case do you see in BTC? ETH would be what in the future?

The real use case has XRP. Not just to have a high liquid bridge asset but also killing nostro/vostro accounts...this is huge buddy. Remember this post.

BTC has been the base pair for trading for a long time and slowly states are adopting it for taxes. Ohio already allows businesses to pay taxes in BTC and Arizona has a bill to allow it also. This is a pretty big deal since being able to pay taxes in USD is essentially what gives USD value.

ETH use case is already being realized. It was just used to tokenize every stock on the DX exchange that just opened. Tokenizing the world's stocks is a massive use case, comparable to Ripple's banking use case in the future.

A lot of the others like providing a platform for the entertainment industry, making way for IoT world are just as big as what Ripple is trying to do. XRP isn't the only coin with a possible big use case in the future.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Archbob said:

BTC has been the base pair for trading for a long time and slowly states are adopting it for taxes. Ohio already allows businesses to pay taxes in BTC and Arizona has a bill to allow it also. This is a pretty big deal since being able to pay taxes in USD is essentially what gives USD value.

ETH use case is already being realized. It was just used to tokenize every stock on the DX exchange that just opened. Tokenizing the world's stocks is a massive use case, comparable to Ripple's banking use case in the future.

A lot of the others like providing a platform for the entertainment industry, making way for IoT world are just as big as what Ripple is trying to do. XRP isn't the only coin with a possible big use case in the future.

BTC has been trade pare? With itself? Ok it could be a payment digital asset.

ETH will tokenize stocks? Only ETH? Which cryptos were listed on DX exchange? Only ETH? Cmon buddy.

Sure many cryptos will find it’s path but none of others than XRP have defined it’s path. So far there is no other technology as blockchain ILP solution with XC, XR, XV, XS,...for cross border payments.

XRapid is a solution which will be the fuel for the rise of XRP price. Why, I have explained already.

Edited by XRP_Legacy

Achieving xRapid use and liquidity is only the first step in realizing the potential of XRP, there will be many other usecases on top of that. It's just the turning point which will give it a massive advantage over other crypto assets, probably killing a lot of them. Then the real party begins.

It's just as assessing the value of Amazon stocks in 2001 by restraining to one Amazon usecase - selling books. This will grow into something much bigger guys.

Posted (edited)

People keep on using speculation as if it were an irrational and dirty method for assessing price.  It is not.

High risk for high reward equals low price

Low risk for high reward equals higher prices

When the expectation for success goes up and the potential rewards go up, the price should follow by going up.  During 2018 this has happened at a spectacular pace for XRP. 

2018 has seen the opposite happen for PoW tech which is becoming higher and higher risk for lower and lower reward.  BTC, ETH are losing the war in speed, scalablity and user friendliness (eg Codius against ETH) when compared to XRP.  This week PoW was made a higher risk by the ETC hack.  We know similar hacks could happen to ETH and BTC which have over 51% of their stock in the hands of of a few whales.  The speculative price of PoW tech (ETC, ETH and BTC) should go down.  In fact they have not lost much ground against XRP.  This is not an isolated incident, it is endemic to how the crypto geeks run their manipulated and corrupt market and it shows that the market is not functioning properly.

I would not touch ETH and BTC with a barge pole, but everyone must make their own risk return assessments.  My advice is not to look at the market value choices of others as a guide because the valuations in the crypto market, as it is presently run,  are clearly a complete mess.

Edited by Julian_Williams

Sign in to follow this