Stedas

Euro Exim Bank: 1st bank to use xRapid

8 minutes ago, RikkiTikki said:

I think the key word is Bank or am I confused here.

you are right it is the only bank on the new list - although two days ago we had what looked (not fully confirmed) like an announcement that Kuwait Finance House were using Ripplenet  to send to  Al Rajhi Bank.

"There’s been a lot of talk around the markets about how blockchain technology can assist in trade finance,” said Graham Bright, head of compliance and operations at the bank. “We’re interested in moving forward and creating a platform for payments for our clients who are in over 80 countries at the moment, making sure they have a smooth, frictionless way of paying local people.”

https://www.americanbanker.com/news/could-ripples-xrp-replace-correspondent-banks-this-bank-says-yes

"....moving forward and creating a platform for payments for our clients who are in over 80 countries..."  As these bridges get built, the xrp network's utility is going to multiply quickly. This will build liquidity as well as attract others looking to capitalize on international trade and/or services. What a perfect 1st bank to announce: #1. they're in Europe and this serves as a wake-up call to our regulators for clarity. #2. Euro Exim is perfectly positioned to showcase the benefits of xrp use; with customer connections in over 80 countries - That's a lot of countries!  #3. Last but not least: the synergy of their slogan - "Facilitating Global Trade."  Once SBI goes live with xrp, I believe that the "fireworks" that many of us have been eagerly awaiting, will be soon to follow.....crawl, walk,.....soar!

Thanks @DreXRP. Nice information.

Also this part I really like "we have designed, tested and are implementing both xCurrent and xRapid in record time" . That could become really good marketing and the client a key reference in the coming period.

Looking forward to the next steps on their roadmap.