Stedas

Euro Exim Bank: 1st bank to use xRapid

(If I'm wrong, instead of suffering the embarrassing backlash of being wrong, I'll just stop using this account and log in as another name.. ala @jasil / @Mods_are_tyrants / 300 other accounts.)

You can call yourself, Jashit

On 1/10/2019 at 11:58 AM, spiras said:

It doesn't matter much at this point.  Buying XRP OTC then feeding it through xrapid is a way to get the ball in motion.  Being successful on one side of xrapid (the sell side) is a step in the right direction.  I would rather have the first few banks buy OTC to help ensure successful results, even if it means delaying the zerpening.  Once Ripple begins selling the whole escrow each month, drying up OTC sales, then everyone will be forced to exchanges for the remainder of the month.

Anyone remember when the last moon happened?  December 12th through Jan 4th.  Anything specific about this time range that could have fueled the spike?  I said it then, and I'll say it again... Ripple had just escrowed all the XRP in early December, leaving little for OTC sales without selling from their own stashes.  I believe, and you can disagree, that Ripple was not willing/able to sell off XRP during this time.  The first escrow was released Jan 1st.  Does anyone else NOT think it was coincidental that the spike happened between the escrow lockup and the release of the first escrow?

My point is that, once Ripple sells out their monthly escrow allotment, we will begin to see price movement.  

Right now, I believe their focus is on getting the ball rolling by reducing the risk on the buy side for FI's.  I'm on board with that.

Good points @spiras I agree this is a long term play & I hope the discussion prevented a few "moon imminent" threads. 

Re the last spike.. could be but the whole CT market was in a frenzy at the time. Difficult to say for sure 

Edited by AlbertStroller
spike, not spoke.. silly fat fingers..

SBI will start cranking this quarter. Remember when everyone was butthurt last Summer after finding out that by stating the 4th quarter, he was referring to the Japanese 4th quarter, which is Jan/Feb/Mar, our 1st quarter.

It won't be much longer now. Japan has most of their regulations in place already. Buckle up, Buttercup !!

On 1/9/2019 at 5:50 AM, Zerp_Legend said:

You gotta start somewhere right ? Small companies can easier integrate xrapid than big ones 

Also there is the famous saying : Take small bites until you accumulate an empire 

Just saying ;)

That's absolutely right. Here's where Amazon started, and of course most know where Hewlett Packard started as well. 

iu.jpeg

On 1/8/2019 at 4:09 PM, WuWei said:

This 'dilution' will likely become one of the keys to xrp's success, as it will help to dampen a potentially runaway price appreciation as xrp adoption enters a rapid growth phase. A steady and consistent rise in xrp is what's desired, and not wild increases, which are inevitably followed by equally aggressive declines.

So you trust RL to be the Fed reserve of XRP? With their huge stash they can surpress (set) prices for the next 20’years, all the while sucking money from speculators.

Your post explains why all good news is met with price drops. First pump up the news, then sell into the hype, until the price drops, then repeat.

Been over a year of this behavior. If RL is the savior of the poor, then show me Mr. Garlinghouse and Mr. Schwartz’s personal wallets. Why all the secrecy in this new “transparent” world of finance that RL is creating?  After all isn’t it a “Public” ledger?

You can bet your *ss if it is deemed a security the veil will be lifted, and some will be surprised how much wealth transferred directly from the hopeful to the knowledgeable. (Better said: From the poor to the insiders)

At this point the crypto exchanges are full (60-80%)  of wash trades, and other “fake” trades, to simulate volume. This is so obvious when you look at CMC and see the EXACT same price fluctuations for each coin. Does anyone believe that the interest in XRP continually equals the intrest in BTC and ETH and LTC?  This either means that each investor purchases and sells EQUAL percentages of all coins everyday, OR the markets are fake.

When I am interested in an a stock, I buy that stock. I do not buy equal portions of all stocks listed on the market. Do you?

13 minutes ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

So you trust RL to be the Fed reserve of XRP? With their huge stash they can surpress (set) prices for the next 20’years, all the while sucking money from speculators.

Your post explains why all good news is met with price drops. First pump up the news, then sell into the hype, until the price drops, then repeat.

Been over a year of this behavior. If RL is the savior of the poor, then show me Mr. Garlinghouse and Mr. Schwartz’s personal wallets. Why all the secrecy in this new “transparent” world of finance that RL is creating?  After all isn’t it a “Public” ledger?

You can bet your *ss if it is deemed a security the veil will be lifted, and some will be surprised how much wealth transferred directly from the hopeful to the knowledgeable. (Better said: From the poor to the insiders)

At this point the crypto exchanges are full (60-80%)  of wash trades, and other “fake” trades, to simulate volume. This is so obvious when you look at CMC and see the EXACT same price fluctuations for each coin. Does anyone believe that the interest in XRP continually equals the intrest in BTC and ETH and LTC?  This either means that each investor purchases and sells EQUAL percentages of all coins everyday, OR the markets are fake.

When I am interested in an a stock, I buy that stock. I do not buy equal portions of all stocks listed on the market. Do you?

Don't invest, then. Move on. At this point, in an unregulated market, it is clear the market is manipulated. Plain and simple, you either believe based on the research and promise of the technologies out there or you don't.

22 minutes ago, VanGogh said:

Don't invest, then. Move on. At this point, in an unregulated market, it is clear the market is manipulated. Plain and simple, you either believe based on the research and promise of the technologies out there or you don't.

My apologies for disrupting the echo...but until RL dumps (or separates from) the entire escrow, you (no one) can EVER assess the value of 1 XRP.  Do you feel banks and market makers ignore this fact? There is a 1BILLION XRP cloud, ready to dump any (or every month) for a very long, long time into the future. That is a ton of concentrated power, and it is unrealistic to believe any Govt will be comfortable with the arrangement.

It is not the technology that I doubt, rather it is the implementation.

18 minutes ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

That is a ton of concentrated power, and it is unrealistic to believe any Govt will be comfortable with the arrangement.

You're assuming two things here, both if which I do not think to be realistic either:

1. That governments would stop the innovation of our global payment system, by declaring the cornerstone of this innovation, decentralized digital assets, illegal, thereby effectively cutting off their economy from the Internet of Value: a fully automated 24x7 economy that will be bigger than the current one.

2. That it is impossible for Ripple to come to a favorable arrangement, in which large part of their holdings is distributed to central banks and / or the IMF.

19 minutes ago, lucky said:

2. That it is impossible for Ripple to come to a favorable arrangement, in which large part of their holdings is distributed to central banks and / or the IMF

Guess that IM would be the best solution... CBs would look like children arguing for a candy bag.

2 hours ago, lucky said:

You're assuming two things here, both if which I do not think to be realistic either:

1. That governments would stop the innovation of our global payment system, by declaring the cornerstone of this innovation, decentralized digital assets, illegal, thereby effectively cutting off their economy from the Internet of Value: a fully automated 24x7 economy that will be bigger than the current one.

2. That it is impossible for Ripple to come to a favorable arrangement, in which large part of their holdings is distributed to central banks and / or the IMF.

1. Lacks an understanding of govts, power, and human nature. Govts constantly stop innovations. Regardless, Govts could care less about the IOV, other than how to collect tax revenue from it. If it involves wealth transfer, for goods, services, or even convienence, you can be sure govts will not allow it, without their consent. Until they can control it (implies freezing assets) it won’t happen. 

2. The word favorable is relative, but I wil bet my stash that it will NOT be “unfavorable” to any super power. Also the word “distributed” could easily be read as “confiscated”

It is much easier to see a future using RL’s tech as the roadmap. Only difference; a new world “base” asset (call it xGRP) will be vaulted in a govt house, not a private company; and it will be pegged to something real.

1 minute ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

pegged to something real

A pure digital asset can't be pegged to something real, by definition. The pure digital part is what it gives XRP it's unique features that make it ideally suitable for instant cross border value transfer. Distribution has to start from somewhere.

8 minutes ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

Govts constantly stop innovations

They try, but constantly fail. Genuine innovation is unstoppable. Decentralized digital assets is such a genuine innovation.

9 minutes ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

“distributed” could easily be read as “confiscated”

You mean confiscated by the US government? I doubt this is legally possible, but even if that happened, don't you think the price would explode if the US government became the primary distributor of XRP?

4 hours ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

My apologies for disrupting the echo...but until RL dumps (or separates from) the entire escrow, you (no one) can EVER assess the value of 1 XRP.  Do you feel banks and market makers ignore this fact? There is a 1BILLION XRP cloud, ready to dump any (or every month) for a very long, long time into the future. That is a ton of concentrated power, and it is unrealistic to believe any Govt will be comfortable with the arrangement.

It is not the technology that I doubt, rather it is the implementation.

People can assess the value of 1 XRP even with the escrow; it's just one factor and is I'm sure outsized during this early stage. Thus, we have approximately .30/xrp. It's called uncertainty, and it's why I believe this is such a great opportunity. If you want certainty buy bonds or put your money into something with a longer track record, such as real estate. 

It will be more difficult for the US government to take XRP such as they confiscated people's gold during the Rosevelt administration. Yes, it's possible but only to the extent that they could outlaw it, but in my view more unlikely than the upside of XRP succeeding and the US government benefiting from it. The catts are out of the bag. It is not only a US thing and there is significant downside if the US sits out this financial revolution.

The implementation is what it is. Personally I think Ripple is doing an amazing job. You'd have to be a dictator to have pulled it off any other way, and then that would defeat the entire point. 

Edited by VanGogh

4 hours ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

Does anyone believe that the interest in XRP continually equals the intrest in BTC and ETH and LTC?  This either means that each investor purchases and sells EQUAL percentages of all coins everyday, OR the markets are fake.

Um.  Er.  There ARE more than two possibilities.  

Imagine for instance if there were a good number of bots operating that base price everything in BTC.  :) 

Overall in your comments you have a very dim view of the folk at Ripple but there is the possibility that they are simply doing exactly what they say they are....   growing out an internet of Value.  

6 hours ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

Does anyone believe that the interest in XRP continually equals the intrest in BTC and ETH and LTC?  This either means that each investor purchases and sells EQUAL percentages of all coins everyday, OR the markets are fake.

It's arbitrage. Mostly done by bots, as @Tinyaccount mentioned. Perfectly valid market activity. Favors unsynchronized regulations across the globe, as the current state is presently.

More evident in absence of people with the intentions you describe above.