Stedas

Euro Exim Bank: 1st bank to use xRapid

18 minutes ago, codiusrex said:

Will — going to — looking forward to — should —

Not using XRP but going to use, as in SBI with no date = more hopium while Ripple continues to cash out $xx,000,000s worth of XRP. 

Indeed it will be interesting to see if this bank sources the xrp from the market or direct from Ripple. If the latter, just more dilution until they've sold their chunk.

1 hour ago, aurorakz said:

It was long way from Ripple will never be used to XRP is going to be used by bank in Q1 2019. I bet most do not realise how huge is this achievement.

Yes this is a monumental milestone. Congratulations to the Ripple team for connecting the first bank to crypto.

1 hour ago, codiusrex said:

Not using XRP but going to use, as in SBI with no date = more hopium while Ripple continues to cash out $xx,000,000s worth of XRP. 

You kind have a point there. Remember moneygram will use xrp in their payment flows :)

3 minutes ago, Nohut said:

Great news. It means regulations in UK are not a problem anymore and expect more banks to jump on it

Well, not really, the bank has a represenative office in the UK, but is actually based in the West Indies. Its actual bank license if from St. Lucia and no the UK, check their website.

1 hour ago, codiusrex said:

Not using XRP but going to use, as in SBI with no date = more hopium while Ripple continues to cash out $xx,000,000s worth of XRP

Dam, were you not hugged as a child , don't be down dude/dudette ,  this is great news , crawl,  walk then run , I've only done up my shoe laces and I'm out of breath , time too get fit good people :good:

35 minutes ago, Trickery said:

That's not how xRapid works XRP is sourced and sold on demand from exchanges.

I would assume you can do both or either. 

If you hold XRP you only need xRapid for the backend of the transaction to exchange XRP to the destination currency.

48 minutes ago, Trickery said:

That's not how xRapid works XRP is sourced and sold on demand from exchanges.

You can actually do both. It doesn't really matter where you get the XRP.

1 hour ago, Nohut said:

Great news. It means regulations in UK are not a problem anymore and expect more banks to jump on it

Not only UK. We're still "before Brexit" and this counts for the whole European Community....