Sign in to follow this  
deadestfish

Ethereum Classic (ETC) under 51% attack.

1 hour ago, LordVetinari said:

Coinbase was careful not to list assets that are susceptible to such attacks. It's great that they take the time to evaluate with such high standards so their customer's can feel comfortable trading and storing assets listed on their exchange. Good job Coinbase! 

COMMENT OF THE YEAR and it's only January

"This is called a "chain reorganization," or "reorg" for short. All reorgs have a "depth," which is the number of blocks that were replaced, and a "length," which is the number of new blocks that did the replacing."

Who cares? It's broken. I see no need to learn the terminology of some broken crap.

Ripple are doing an amazing job of stagnating XRP alongside all this PoW rubbish. How do they do it?

20 minutes ago, aavkk said:

Can someone please explain to me why this isn’t significant enough to materially effect the price of ETC?  

It could be that the network isn't able to move it onto exchanges to be sold, people haven't caught wind if it, people don't think it's a problem, etc. <--- 😂 See what I did there? 

Really, I have no idea but time will tell. 

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, aavkk said:

Can someone please explain to me why this isn’t significant enough to materially effect the price of ETC?  

Most exchanges have frozen the trading. The dump will probably come when they go live again.

From Coinbase status blog:

Due to unstable network conditions on the Ethereum Classic network, we have temporarily disabled all sends and receives for ETC. Buy and sell is not impacted. All other systems are operating normally. 

https://status.coinbase.com/

Edited by mandelbaum

Is there a technicial reason to suspend trading?

Seems a little fishy to me if holders cannot physically sell. Surly the whole point of an exchange is to facilitate with neutrality the matching of buyers and sellers. If person A thinks this is bad news enough to sell, but person B is willing to pay a price... why suspend the trading.

Probably so Coinbase can offload their bags at Kraken first... 

4 minutes ago, XRP-JAG said:

Is there a technicial reason to suspend trading?

Seems a little fishy to me if holders cannot physically sell. Surly the whole point of an exchange is to facilitate with neutrality the matching of buyers and sellers. If person A thinks this is bad news enough to sell, but person B is willing to pay a price... why suspend the trading.

Probably so Coinbase can offload their bags at Kraken first... 

Yepp, great start for POW in 2019.

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Alluvial said:

Ripple news:  200 customers, including bank using xRapid

ETC news:  double spend attack

XRP last 24 hours - up 0.87%

ETC last 24 hours - up 1.89%

:dash1:

I read on another site someone trying to explain, "People don't steal things that are worthless". It's truly fascinating how some brains work. 

abnormal.png

Edited by LordVetinari

Sign in to follow this