Sign in to follow this  
21x2

What If … Ripple’s XRP Becomes The Federal Reserve’s Preferred Technology In 2019

Posted (edited)

The rumors of XRP being a "world currency" comes from the Federal reserve, the IMF and probably European and Chinese governments working on solving The Triffin Dilemma. The XRP-ledger is a perfect fit for an alternative or addition to the SDR, but I have serious doubts about this hypothesis. A currency made by a central-bank or nation will not solve the Triffin dilemma.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triffin_dilemma

On the other hand, it is quite weird to see Brad Garlinghouse share the stage with Ross Leckow, the deputy General counsel of the IMF in a one-on-one talk.

What other project working in the cryptospace is even close to sharing a stage with someone like that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-BPbhQWlpw

Edited by mandelbaum

6 minutes ago, mandelbaum said:

On the other hand, it is quite weird to see Brad Garlinghouse share the stage with Ross Leckow, the deputy General counse of the IMF in a one on one talk.

What other project working in the cryptospace in even close to sharing a stage with someone like that?

... and creating the impression they're buddies.

2 hours ago, Archbob said:

Ripple's ecosystem doesn't depend on XRP, that is something they've been trying to get people to understand that Ripple and XRP are seperate and one does not depend on the other. Ripple can thrive and be very profitable just by selling X-current. SWIFT makes a killing on that alone.

Spot on !

I mentioned similar in the BG thread.

As long as Ripple is selling their software and licensing at a rumoured $10million a pop, they are making a killing as it is.

Whether customers turn on the option to use XRP is not of Ripples concern. Ripple have already made their money.

11 minutes ago, Freaky said:

Spot on !

As long as Ripple is selling their software and licensing at a rumoured $10million a pop, they are making a killing as it is.

Whether customers turn on the option to use XRP is not of Ripples concern. Ripple have already made their money.

yeah, cause the endeavour and the Ripple team totally reeks of a lack of ambition...lol

1 minute ago, xrpmeplease said:

yeah, cause the endeavour and the Ripple team totally reeks of a lack of ambition...lol

It's nothing to do with whether they lack ambition.

XRP is an option within their software suite. If clients decide not to use it, Ripple still lives and makes a profit as a software company.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Freaky said:

Spot on !

True.

Yet decentralized digital assets have properties and possibilities that fiat currencies by definition cannot provide.

XRP will not only be the best scalable, the fastest and the cheapest, but also the best connected to where the money is: at the banks.

Once you acknowledge that there are certain benefits to digital assets, particularly in global trade, you must agree that XRP is being positioned as the top brand in this new product category.

Edited by lucky

Just now, Freaky said:

It's nothing to do with whether they lack ambition.

XRP is an option within their software suite. If clients decide not to use it, Ripple still lives and makes a profit as a software company.

yeah, i'm sure they don't care if the innovative product they've poured a ton of time and effort into developing is adopted...

1 minute ago, lucky said:

True.

Yet decentralized digital assets have properties and possibilities that fiat currencies by definition cannot provide.

XRP will not only be the best scalable, the fastest and the cheapest, but also the best connected.

Once you acknowledge the fact that there are certain benefits to digital assets, particularly in global commerce, you cannot reasonably deny that XRP is being well positioned as the top brand in this new product category.

There is no doubt that DLT is a disruptor.

However, working for a bank for 20 years in the technology department, I know how difficult it is to get through governance and all the other crap that exists to introduce new technology. Especially without regulation as it currently stands.

Id say to also keep a close eye on IBM-Hyperledger-Stellar. IBM has a real foothold in the banking industry. And as we have seen in history, the best technology doesn't always win.

5 minutes ago, xrpmeplease said:

yeah, i'm sure they don't care if the innovative product they've poured a ton of time and effort into developing is adopted...

Do Ripple make any additional money if a client uses xrapid over xcurrent ?

1 minute ago, Freaky said:

Do Ripple make any additional money if a client uses xrapid over xcurrent ?

Not with any fees. But they make a lot of money when price of XRP goes up even just one cent.

1 minute ago, lucky said:

Not with any fees. But they make a lot of money when price of XRP goes up even just one cent.

yes true.

however even at current price, they own billions worth.

Posted (edited)

We already have real time payments in Australia. I can get FIAT into my exchange in seconds. SWIFT isn't sitting around waiting to die, as many people would believe around this place. Our Reserve opted for a SWIFT solution not Ripple. There are other options.

https://www.swift.com/news-events/news/swift-revolutionises-australian-banking-with-real-time-payments

Edited by Freaky

38 minutes ago, Freaky said:

Reminds me of the time Apple launched the iPhone X, and they didn’t care if they sold any because they was already worth $900 billion USD....

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, XRP-JAG said:

Reminds me of the time Apple launched the iPhone X, and they didn’t care if they sold any because they was already worth $900 billion USD....

But X-current is also their product for Ripple. Apple has had products that fail, that doesn't mean the company can't go on because they failed.

When you are talking about most scalable or fastest with the ILP, I think we see large difference only because we are comparing XRP to Bitcoin usually, but everything is a lot faster than Bitcoin in the crypto world. Currencies like Stellar or Nano will be just as fast and scalable if they can get the liquidity. I don't think you'll see much of a different in terms of speed when it comes to the new generation cryptos. That and the fact that XRP and Stellar's protocal are pretty similar since I think Jed used a lot of the same codebase for both. That's why I see XRP as mainly a bridge currency in the future along with XLM and maybe a few others. It'll still be $20-$30 IMO, just not $5000 as some people think.

Edited by Archbob

1 minute ago, Archbob said:

But X-current is also their product for Ripple. Apple has had products that fail, that doesn't mean the company can't go on because they failed.

but i bet they are concerned...

Sign in to follow this