Sign in to follow this  
21x2

What If … Ripple’s XRP Becomes The Federal Reserve’s Preferred Technology In 2019

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, xrpmeplease said:

but i bet they are concerned...

Maybe, but like Apple, they move on. When Apple products fail, the company can just make money off the ones that don't.

I don't actually think XRP is going to fail, unless you count 100x rise in price 'failing'.

Edited by Archbob

3 minutes ago, Archbob said:

But X-current is also their product for Ripple. Apple has had products that fail, that doesn't mean the company can't go on because they failed.

That as it may be, it's beyond ridiculous that any private company 'is not concerned' on the basis they already made money.

The idea Ripple, as a majority holder of the asset is basically 'too rich to care' is insane.

Well, I mean, even if it doesn't go up in value, they still own $15 billion dollars so, its not like printing $15 billion out of thin air would be considered a "failure".

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Freaky said:

We already have real time payments in Australia. I can get FIAT into my exchange in seconds. SWIFT isn't sitting around waiting to die, as many people would believe around this place. Our Reserve opted for a SWIFT solution not Ripple. There are other options.

https://www.swift.com/news-events/news/swift-revolutionises-australian-banking-with-real-time-payments

You should probably ask the person in charge of selling SWIFT GPI that question:

https://ripple.com/insights/ripple-hires-former-business-director-swift-gpi-marjan-delatinne/

"Delatinne joins us from SWIFT where she worked for ten years, most recently in charge of selling their Global Payments Innovation (gpi) offering."

And Marcus Treacher, who chaired SWIFT’s global advisory body for corporates from 2010 to 2016.

https://ripple.com/insights/hsbc-executive-swift-board-member-joins-ripple/

Edited by mandelbaum

10 minutes ago, mandelbaum said:

You should probably ask the person in charge of selling SWIFT GPI that question:

https://ripple.com/insights/ripple-hires-former-business-director-swift-gpi-marjan-delatinne/

"Delatinne joins us from SWIFT where she worked for ten years, most recently in charge of selling their Global Payments Innovation (gpi) offering."

And Marcus Treacher, who chaired SWIFT’s global advisory body for corporates from 2010 to 2016.

https://ripple.com/insights/hsbc-executive-swift-board-member-joins-ripple/

Sorry, I hadn't realised I asked a question.

This clearly shows SWIFT has good people that Ripple is throwing money at hiring.

7 hours ago, Archbob said:

Well, I mean, even if it doesn't go up in value, they still own $15 billion dollars so, its not like printing $15 billion out of thin air would be considered a "failure".

Ripple never made it a secret that they want to rethink how payments around the globe work. Just creating a faster messaging system like Swift has (Xcurrent) is not the intended 'innovation' and not their endgoal. They want to completely change how money moves and settles around the world.

They've always said they need to roll out the network (XCurrent) first, what they're doing right now. This will take years. When that highway is finally paved, the cars (XRP) can be utilized to it's full potential and instant settlement instead of nostro/vostro can work. Right now it can not. XRP only gets interesting for utility when there are enough liquid corridors to run trough.

It's interesting to see that, now Ripple intentionally stops mentioning XRP too much (just to prevent the securities issue) people start to think they don't care about XRP anymore. It still is their endgoal, to make it the backbone of the financial system. Be it in large sums between banks or micropayments in unbanked countries.

7 hours ago, Freaky said:

Sorry, I hadn't realised I asked a question.

This clearly shows SWIFT has good people that Ripple is throwing money at hiring.

Or this shows that talent is willingly leaving a company of which they don't think it will be able to compete in the near future anymore. They want to be part of the next innovative payments network and not engage in a frustrating battle of a lost cause.

18 minutes ago, Caracappa said:

Or this shows that talent is willingly leaving a company of which they don't think it will be able to compete in the near future anymore. They want to be part of the next innovative payments network and not engage in a frustrating battle of a lost cause.

It could very well be, but money does talk, and ripple has plenty of it to entice people to join the company.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Freaky said:

We already have real time payments in Australia. I can get FIAT into my exchange in seconds. SWIFT isn't sitting around waiting to die, as many people would believe around this place. Our Reserve opted for a SWIFT solution not Ripple. There are other options.

https://www.swift.com/news-events/news/swift-revolutionises-australian-banking-with-real-time-payments

NPP is like TIPS in the EU:  Swifts GPI is just an advanced messaging service, settlement is shifted to CB level, commercial banks still have to hold reserves to facilitate these “ instant payments”.  Until now it’s all about domestic payments anyway ( domestic as in “ single currency”. It’s all to read in your own link.

Arguments that for banks it’s hard to introduce new technology ( I work for a major international bank for > 30 yrs) or that Ripple is rich enough and don’t cares about XRP , are besides the question if they are ever going to use it and no real arguments why they shouldn’t or aren’t already. You’re in for a surprise in 2019! ( no, not your bank, which has apparantly a tech division that’s blocking innovation. I wonder who is the influencer there, lol). 

Edited by Ripple-Stiltskin
Spelling

2 minutes ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

NPP is like TIPS in the EU:  Swifts GPI is just an advanced messaging service, settlement is shifted to CB level, commercial banks still have to hold reserves to facilitate these “ instant payments”.  Until now it’s all about domestic payments anyway ( domestic as in “ single currency”. It’s all to read in your own link.

Arguments that for banks it’s hard to introduce new technology ( I work for a major international bank for > 30 yrs) or that Ripple is rich enough and don’t cares about XRP , are besides the question if they are ever going to use it and no real arguments why they shouldn’t or aren’t already. You’re in for a surprise in 2019! ( no, not your bank, which has apparantly a tech division that’s blocking innovation. I wonder who is the influnecer there, lol). 

Your reckon 2019 will be big ?

Ive already posted my price predictions in tars thread, have you ?

Will be interesting to look back in 11.5 months time

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Freaky said:

Your reckon 2019 will be big ?

Ive already posted my price predictions in tars thread, have you ?

Will be interesting to look back in 11.5 months time

Yes. ( and earlier than you, please read something first yourself before asking questions or posting links) 

But my mantra is ( just look at my 1.5 yrs post history) : “ predictions are fun, but not to take seriously. They’re BS, crypto is unpredictable, as is the future”. 

Edited by Ripple-Stiltskin

14 minutes ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

Yes. ( and earlier than you, please read something first yourself before asking questions or posting links) 

But my mantra is ( just look at my 1.5 yrs post history) : “ predictions are fun, but not to take seriously. They’re BS, crypto is unpredictable, as is the future”. 

Whats wrong with the link i posted. If australias federal reserve saw fit for a swift solution, whats to say other federal reserves wont go down the same route and copy what has been a successful implementation domestically.

Sign in to follow this