Julian_Williams

Kuwait Finance House started operating an instant cross-border remittance service using Ripple’s blockchain

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, BrownBear said:

So who is right, David or Stefan?

Edit: He says xCurrent uses a ephemeral ledger. Where the message isn't stored anywhere, so it's a burn after reading, where the burning happens automatically. So not a blockchain.

I agree with you; it is not a blockchain. There is no immutable record or chain of blocks for that matter.  

But Stefan does say it is not a traditional blockchain and has been adapted to its use-case which makes me think it may still be marketed/sold as 'blockchain technology'.  

Edited by PG1

I fear one day, the term, "to ripple" something will not mean to send value; but instead, "to conflate."

Ripple is allowing this to happen and I fear Marcus Treacher encourages it, from the wording of some of his past tweets. 

21 hours ago, Tinyaccount said:

Maybe I was too gentle on you....   :) 

Unless you can ace a PT test like I can, I don't really find that to be a credible threat. Then again, the internet has a way of making people feel brave and 10 feet tall, all the while their testosterone count is in the 200s. If you could turn down the passive aggressiveness, this could be a civil and productive conversation that we could both learn something from, but you are clearly too emotionally invested in this topic for some reason.   

1 hour ago, TheXRPer said:

Unless you can ace a PT test like I can, I don't really find that to be a credible threat.

We appear to be having a misunderstanding.  My jest that “I was too gentle on you” was not a threat.  And it certainly was nothing in the physical realm where PT competence would be of use to anyone.

Let’s recap:

I tried to gently correct your description of what an API actually is.  You appear to be a web developer and your view is correct for that usage of an API,  however that is a narrow view of it and an API is a more general thing that is used in many areas of IT beyond just that front end read/write usage.

You then decided to condescendingly insult me by inferring I knew nothing, just looking it up on Wikipedia.

So I made the jest.

You respond saying it was a threat and that your physical prowess makes you invulnerable to my threat whereas I was just a emotionally invested keyboard warrior.

So I will try to explain again...   sigh.

I’m a fat old fart that couldn’t fight his way out of a wet paper bag.  I’m definitely not a warrior.  But I do know a little bit about API’s and I’ve spent as long as I’m going to on the explanations.

May I suggest that you take a calmer approach in future in your discussions because it actually is possible to disagree about stuff without aggression.  Try it sometime. 

Oh, and, congratulations on acing your PT test.

56 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

We appear to be having a misunderstanding.  My jest that “I was too gentle on you” was not a threat.  And it certainly was nothing in the physical realm where PT competence would be of use to anyone.

Let’s recap:

I tried to gently correct your description of what an API actually is.  You appear to be a web developer and your view is correct for that usage of an API,  however that is a narrow view of it and an API is a more general thing that is used in many areas of IT beyond just that front end read/write usage.

You then decided to condescendingly insult me by inferring I knew nothing, just looking it up on Wikipedia.

So I made the jest.

You respond saying it was a threat and that your physical prowess makes you invulnerable to my threat whereas I was just a emotionally invested keyboard warrior.

So I will try to explain again...   sigh.

I’m a fat old fart that couldn’t fight his way out of a wet paper bag.  I’m definitely not a warrior.  But I do know a little bit about API’s and I’ve spent as long as I’m going to on the explanations.

May I suggest that you take a calmer approach in future in your discussions because it actually is possible to disagree about stuff without aggression.  Try it sometime. 

Oh, and, congratulations on acing your PT test.

Nailed it again @Tinyaccount :JC_doubleup:  Now I know almost nothing about computer technology, but I am able to recognise behaviour that borders on bullying.  Please @TheXRPer , for the sake of the wellbeing of this forum, take a step back and adjust your tone in future posts.  We are all in this journey of XRP's rise together and I would rather see informative posts (for dummies like me) that have no overtly aggressive tone.  There is no need for it.

3 minutes ago, Gilligan said:

Nailed it again @Tinyaccount :JC_doubleup:  Now I know almost nothing about computer technology, but I am able to recognise behaviour that borders on bullying.  Please @TheXRPer , for the sake of the wellbeing of this forum, take a step back and adjust your tone in future posts.  We are all in this journey of XRP's rise together and I would rather see informative posts (for dummies like me) that have no overtly aggressive tone.  There is no need for it.

Since long he has a VIP seat on my ignore list. 

1 hour ago, zerpdigger said:

Xpress?! Hmmmm... sounds familiar to other product lines! 

great catch, @Julian_Williams :yess:

https://www.kfh.com/en/home/Personal/Tools-services/KFH-Xpress-Service.html

KFH-Xpress

- Transfer money 24/7 including weekends & official holidays.

- A variety of options to receive money; cash pick up, transfer to an account, or even get it door delivered.

- The ability to cancel your transaction with no fees, if the money is not collected from the desired destination.