Julian_Williams

Kuwait Finance House started operating an instant cross-border remittance service using Ripple’s blockchain

21 minutes ago, Raz said:

This thing is going to be like the start of an avalanche. It’ll be slow at first until critical mass hits and then it’s going to blow everyone away. We are fortunate to be on this side of history.

Well BGH said we should get a few dozen banks during 2019.  This seems to be a bank using XRapid

16 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

I’m sorry to disagree but I didn’t find anything in there to indicate XRapid.  It looks like XCurrent to me.

xCurrent is a messaging system that enables efficient communication between ILP compatible ledgers. It's impossible to seperate the xcurrenc messenger from the xcurrent ledger. xRapid uses Blockchain on top of the messaging system. So if they say they are using "Ripple’s blockchain technology" then that implies they are using xRapid.

xCurrent can interface with blockchains but it does not use one. Correct me if I am wrong, but Blockchain is a DLT (Distriubted Ledger Technology) and xCurrent is not that.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tinyaccount said:

I’m sorry to disagree but I didn’t find anything in there to indicate XRapid.  It looks like XCurrent to me.

You may be right, but the way it is phrased begins to imply that new services will "expand to encompass most of the world countries in different currencies"...without fees-  How is one bank going to have all those pre-funded vostro accounts in "most countries of the world?"...as soon as they start to use the services of other banks they have fees they have to pass on.  Why does the service come on line gradually, surely if the bank has these pre-funded accounts they do not have to gradually ratchet it up in stages?  Ripplenet is coming on line in stages as the corridors open one by one.

I suppose only time will tell.

Edited by Julian_Williams

1 hour ago, BrownBear said:

xCurrent is a messaging system that enables efficient communication between ILP compatible ledgers. It's impossible to seperate the xcurrenc messenger from the xcurrent ledger. xRapid uses Blockchain on top of the messaging system. So if they say they are using "Ripple’s blockchain technology" then that implies they are using xRapid.

xCurrent can interface with blockchains but it does not use one. Correct me if I am wrong, but Blockchain is a DLT (Distriubted Ledger Technology) and xCurrent is not that.

It is pretty nebulous but I'm certain I've heard, on official websites and documentation, xCurrent referred to as blockchain technology.

13 minutes ago, djdhrubs said:

It is pretty nebulous but I'm certain I've heard, on official websites and documentation, xCurrent referred to as blockchain technology.

've only seen xCurrent composed of a Messenger, a ILP, a FX Ticker and a Validator.

FX Ticker - Not a Blockcahin

Messenger = Not a Blockchain

Validators = Not a blockchain

ILP = Is a protocol for connecting blockchains and other ledgers = Not a blockchain itself.

I would be interested to see your sources.

13 minutes ago, Nohut said:

I see people round here still dont get how xCurrent works

yes, xrp.chat is growing and growing and there will always be people who need help to understand the extent of RippleNet.