Konan45

What is Ripple waiting on??

3 hours ago, KaaKaRmA said:

Ripple is just waiting for all the weak hands to sell.  They'll flip the switch in May and it'll be $2000+ per coin.  It's definitely either May or the next full/lunar moon thing in January... I can't remember which Riddle was the most recent update.  Moon soon baby!

What the hell have you been smoking ? It must be some good sh*t man , moon ?, no, your on planet ur-****, keep it real ! ,oh I think your mum is calling you didn't clean your room, I can't wait for your mature educated response. Second thoughts flag it your just a provocateur. 

Posted (edited)

Even if XRP is not hacked, when exchange is hacked, cryptocurrencies or xRrabit mutually influence each other.

When the XRP remittance is delayed, will it cause systemic risk?

If it causes systemic risk, the bank may not use it for a long time until the exchanges' hacking risk decreases.

If there is possibility of systemic risk, the reduction of the Nostro account may not be big merit.

Ripple and Bank are waiting for time to solve it.

However, it will take time very difficultly. 

Edited by jabit

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Konan45 said:

It is TIME to give the community and the market SOMETHING. 

Having this type of an outlook can get you in trouble. They owe you nothing.

I know what you are meaning though but they are doing what they need to do and according to the timeline  and strategy they all agree to be best.  
A lot of smart minds are in this team. No fingers in the air, guys working in their boxers XVG style.

Have faith....  but if you feel they need need to do things for the community or for anyone invested in XRP - I would head over and buy stocks.

99.9% of crypto is a gamble. 

You chose to invest in the 0.1%.

It just needs time. I'm not worried if we stay at this level for another 2 years. 

Where we are in 4 or 5 years is what I am excited about.

Edited by CarloRossi

11 minutes ago, CarloRossi said:

It just needs time. I'm not worried if we stay at this level for another 2 years

Have another opinion mate! If in 24 months daily volumes and price will not move means for me that utility is not there yet, and competition doesn't sleep at all. I honestly would drastically review my expectation about the long term in this case and liquidate the whole position at the first price spike.

1 minute ago, Yodaxrp said:

Have another opinion mate! If in 24 months daily volumes and price will not move means for me that utility is not there yet, and competition doesn't sleep at all. I honestly would drastically review my expectation about the long term in this case and liquidate the whole position at the first price spike.

If you need the cash for other things - understood.

ILP / blockchain is where we are headed and Ripple have a huge headstart... competition is fine, but there is not just one winner and so many avenues of integration.

I don't see the volumes / price being the same, but I just have a longer outlook that I am comfortable with.

I started an early web company in 1994 sold it in 2002 for sizable sum....   
Just like the early days of the Internet - patience is key. The whole sector is still in it's embryonic stages IMHO.

just my opinion - but I understand those who would sell too. All depends on comfort level of your investment choices.

3 minutes ago, CarloRossi said:

If you need the cash for other things - understood.

ILP / blockchain is where we are headed and Ripple have a huge headstart... competition is fine, but there is not just one winner and so many avenues of integration.

I don't see the volumes / price being the same, but I just have a longer outlook that I am comfortable with.

I started an early web company in 1994 sold it in 2002 for sizable sum....   
Just like the early days of the Internet - patience is key. The whole sector is still in it's embryonic stages IMHO.

just my opinion - but I understand those who would sell too. All depends on comfort level of your investment choices.

Don't need to cash out actually...just would like to see a market volume at least like eth actually. Price doesn't matter at this stage, but utility induced volume does for me. Just my personal opinion!

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 9:56 PM, 7Bs said:

It's all about either two things:

1) Formal regulation that allows banks custody solutions resulting in a global liquidity confirmation that this bridge asset is here to stay 

or

2) "push da button garlichouse"

It's got to be one of those two things.

HAHAHAHA that was so so good and actually factible 

3 hours ago, CarloRossi said:

Having this type of an outlook can get you in trouble. They owe you nothing.

I know what you are meaning though but they are doing what they need to do and according to the timeline  and strategy they all agree to be best.  
A lot of smart minds are in this team. No fingers in the air, guys working in their boxers XVG style.

Have faith....  but if you feel they need need to do things for the community or for anyone invested in XRP - I would head over and buy stocks.

99.9% of crypto is a gamble. 

You chose to invest in the 0.1%.

It just needs time. I'm not worried if we stay at this level for another 2 years. 

Where we are in 4 or 5 years is what I am excited about.

Bravo Bravo Bravo Rossi! If i had to say something would be just what you said

Gracias!

5 hours ago, LordVetinari said:

I respect and see how you came to me some of your other conclusions so I'm not going to give you a hard time and disagree.

I'm wondering about the bit I quoted. I believe it's greater than 10-20% but that's not important either. Let's just say 15% savings is the real number.

Wouldn't 15% savings and freeing up parked capital of exotic fiat be motivation enough to find ways to mitigate enough risk that xRapid is a viable solution? I'm not talk about world domination, but safe and liquid enough to transfer $10,000,000 at any given point in time of exotic currency. 

You've noted Ripple's track record of success so why would they just throw their hands up now? They're sitting on a mountain of xrp. 

15% (or 30%) is advertised as the savings “on top” of using RL’s other software. But in comparison to using other RL SW, FIs will only gain a minor, additional savings,. However they also the cross the line from 0 Risk to Max Risk. Most will be satisified with the huge savings, using 2 out of the 3 products. Batting .667 is good enough for RL to be very successful. 

Yes RL has a mountain of XRP, and this fact has many tangent problems on it’s own, but for now understand that RL has already benefited exponentially from the mountain, so the rest could all be dirt, and their only care would be keeping clean shoes.

Re Digital Assets: I am a skeptic, in principle; I disagree that wealth can ever be universally represented, or “trusted” as long as we have independent nations, with our own local Govt currencies.

Re xRapid: As much as I may trust XRP, my carpenter may not; and unless he is forced to trust XRP, he will demand local fiat. Can’t blame him though, because his Govt demands his taxes in local fiat as well. For xRapid there must be universal liquidity, from universal demand. This is not possible without universal govt rule.

The demand, on the street, for XRP, in Mexico is near 0. Consider also, that there are no Mex- USD transactions to offset the USD-Mex flow so xRapid doesn’t work efficiently. The only option to eliminate nostros vostros requires the banks (FIs) to hold XRP. (At least 1 of them)

Now, if  you want to talk the manufactured collapse, of the world financial system; and the rebuilding using a forced digital currency, that would be another topic.

5 hours ago, aavkk said:

@Valhalla_Guy what then is your opinion on the new XCurrent 4.0 features and Multi-hop?  Why do you believe Ripple decided to take the trouble to integrate customers from XCurrent into XRapid either directly or through an XRapid partner indirectly so easily?  It's my belief that the team at Ripple views XRP as a critical tool toward bringing the IOV to life.  Why do you think Stefan Thomas left his position as CTO at Ripple to start Coil?  

Unfamiliar with the finer details, of the new software, but please read my response to LordV, for my skepticism re digital currencies.

Re Ripple Labs taking the trouble: Obviously RL disagrees with my opinion, OR they choose to “integrate” existing customers into xRapid to help the user stats. My cable company can suddenly offer me free HBO, doesen’t mean I wanted it, or that I will watch it. 

@Valhalla_Guy 

I misunderstood what you meant earlier by risk. Yes, one way to quantify risk is not using xrp to using xrp changes the risk from 0 to 100. I think of the risk of using xrp in relation to the risks of the current ways of doing things. 

I better understand your earlier comments and I'm still not sure I agree. One of the difficulties of these kinds of conversations is sharing like understanding about the state of things today, the short/long term goals, and requirements and catalysts of xRapid to be usable or successful. 

If one says, "xRapid will be used by banks" that could be interpreted in many ways. Some say "use" meaning all transactions will go through xRapid and every bank will hold xrp, while for someone else it means, it is a viable option in limited scenarios. 

Thanks for elaborating. 

"It is TIME to give the community and the market SOMETHING."

So many people in the XRP community really think they are entitled to become rich... If you really think that you deserve ridiculous ROI in less than 5 years you really need to reassess your expectations.

Stay calm, lower your expectations, Ripple will make announcements when the time is right. Do your own research, know what XRP is worth, what the potential is, and what the risks are. When XRP is under performing according to your calculations, and you have a better investment alternative go ahead and sell.

It's that simple :)

12 minutes ago, Uloveme said:

"It is TIME to give the community and the market SOMETHING."

So many people in the XRP community really think they are entitled to become rich... If you really think that you deserve ridiculous ROI in less than 5 years you really need to reassess your expectations.

Stay calm, lower your expectations, Ripple will make announcements when the time is right. Do your own research, know what XRP is worth, what the potential is, and what the risks are. When XRP is under performing according to your calculations, and you have a better investment alternative go ahead and sell.

It's that simple :)

Perfectly stated.  

I like following business and often have my own opinion on what the people should or should not be doing.....however, my opinions are based on what I know, what I see, and/or what I want.  BUT,  these are just my opinions and I DO NOT SEE the bigger picture that the inner folks at TEAM Ripple can see.....

I trust Team Ripple and I am in for the long haul,  I truly believe that their leadership is doing all the right things for Ripple and XRP and IF I am LUCKY and I will benefit because of my continued acquiring of XRP and my patience to HODL.

#RippleStrong

P.S. I do sometimes make statements about what Team Ripple should be doing...... but I am a believer that that team is smarter than me and with more insight.