Posted (edited)

As for over the last year... over and over... THX for the first time :)

@Topic

I think most of (non-tech, non-fin) people will always trust exchanges too much. Our short crypto history has proven that already too often. I think it’s the same problem like with traditional financial institutions. In my country there is a limited maximal amount guarantee by the government if an institute fails. But a lot of people have more, uninsured money on those banks. For most of them it’s just too painful to manage multiple accounts (and paying multiple fees). We can just indicate the importance of that topic… so… thanks :)

Edited by Jerrybo
add content

2 minutes ago, Benchmark said:

totally agree regarding having your own wallet.

I think some of the larger exchanges (without mentioning specific ones) are engaging in fractional reserve banking practices, and because of that, the demand for XRP is not being fully felt by the market. 

Ironically, I think more traditional retail investors are likely to 'trust' the exchange and never withdraw their crypto to a personal wallet, or demand their secret key(s).  This means it's up to the exchange whether there is actually crypto in storage enough to cover the accounts. 

Hence, the exchange may not be purchasing crypto to 'cover' the holdings of their customers. 

Just now, zenkert said:

Do You?

I think the newer entrants to the market are more trusting of exchanges, and just assume that when they trade on a platform, actual crypto is being bought and sold. 

Unfortunately, that trust is too much of a temptation for some disreputable exchanges.  :JC_thinking:

12 minutes ago, Hodor said:

Oh Ha!  You're also this guy:

Looks like I have a new fan. 

Here's the thing, @KaaKaRmA I follow the rules of the forum, and I do not engage in personal attacks as you seem to do. 

If you have a specific point you'd like to make about my blog, or about XRP vs. Bitcoin, please do so... I'm not interested in your opinion of 'personalities' - mine or others.  And I think focus on personality is exactly what the opponents of XRP would love to see. 

Thank You. (Now tee up your horrible response to my respectful reply). 

My statement was very logical. Why are there exceptions for self promotion? Imagine if everyone created new threads every time they released a new blog, video, etc.  

And yes, I did comment on the other thread where you were acting like a baby because someone asked a question you didn’t like and wanted to contact mods. Grow some thicker skin. Why you point this out as relevant in this case is beyond me? Maybe you’re looking for defense? 

Your work is good, generally a solid recap, but we don’t need everyone creating threads every time they update with new content. 

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, lucky said:

Imagine everybody on this forum would start discussing imaginary problems! 

Huh.  Now what group / individuals would want to shame me into not posting my blog announcements?  :JC_thinking:  I don't know ... it's just a puzzler ...  :D

Edited by Hodor

44 minutes ago, KaaKaRmA said:

My statement was very logical. Why are there exceptions for self promotion? Imagine if everyone created new threads every time they released a new blog, video, etc.  

And yes, I did comment on the other thread where you were acting like a baby because someone asked a question you didn’t like and wanted to contact mods. Grow some thicker skin. Why you point this out as relevant in this case is beyond me? Maybe you’re looking for defense? 

Your work is good, generally a solid recap, but we don’t need everyone creating threads every time they update with new content.  

So just to recap: On the other thread, you criticize me for calling for moderation (and you resort to name-calling almost instantly in this thread), and now you are calling for moderators to censor my blog announcements? 

The irony... but go ahead... make your case to @karlos or any of the other mods.  I'll gladly amend my behavior if I'm breaking the rules. 

Thanks Hodor,

Another great read. I remember getting into crypto around July 2017. Getting hyped up quickly opened an account at iqoption.com.

That was my first mistake as one doesn't own the actual crypto but merely has a right, a CFD. After finding that out mirrored my XRP bag on bitstamp and sold my cfd's. That was a bit of a hassle but absolutely necessary as my XRP's now reside on a cold walled. One should definitely own ones own cryptos.

6 minutes ago, Hodor said:

So just to recap: On the other thread, you criticize me for calling for moderation (and you resort to name-calling almost instantly in this thread), and now you are calling for moderators to censor my blog announcements? 

The irony... but go ahead... make your case to @karlos or any of the other mods.  I'll gladly amend my behavior if I'm breaking the rules. 

The irony in you twisting words.  Ironic, no?  "and you resort to name-calling almost instantly in this thread"....laughable at best. 

You're using self promotion constantly for your blog updates.  You're calling for mods because you didn't like that a poster asked you (a legit question) a few times in threads.  I don't think you understand how the internet and forums work.   

Creating threads should be focused on news and updates, not self promotion of regurgitating news.  This is the text version of every YouTuber  who livestreams.

If you continue to attack me, I'll have to ask the mods to get involved.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, deBereboot said:

Thanks Hodor,

Another great read. I remember getting into crypto around July 2017. Getting hyped up quickly opened an account at iqoption.com.

That was my first mistake as one doesn't own the actual crypto but merely has a right, a CFD. After finding that out mirrored my XRP bag on bitstamp and sold my cfd's. That was a bit of a hassle but absolutely necessary as my XRP's now reside on a cold walled. One should definitely own ones own cryptos. 

This is the story I've been hearing a lot lately! 

I think the effort at having crypto investors withdraw their crypto from exchanges on a specific day each year is a positive development at keeping exchanges honest.  It's not a permanent solution, but until centralized exchanges are governed by clear regulations, the temptation is just too great for some of them to engage in the types of practices you're describing. 

Even if an exchange isn't a CFD shop, they could still be engaging in fractional reserve where they only purchase or hold enough crypto to handle withdrawals in the normal course of operations; in this way, they are not actually 'purchasing' the crypto being traded, but only purchase enough to cover withdrawals. 

I'm not pointing the finger at any specific exchange, but it's commonly known that it's going on.  

Edited by Hodor