Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, KaaKaRmA said:

... but we don’t need everyone creating threads every time they update with new content. 

Who is the "we" you are talking about?  To me, your posts to this thread sound like your own individual opinion and frankly, I don't see anyone agreeing with you on this specific point.

Now for my thoughts..."If you don't hold it, you don't own it."  This is, and has been, one of the golden rules for the gold/silver community.  Any time you let someone else have/hold your assets, one opens the door to many possible shenanigans. 

Edited by CryptoDrover

2 hours ago, Hodor said:

I think the newer entrants to the market are more trusting of exchanges, and just assume that when they trade on a platform, actual crypto is being bought and sold. 

Unfortunately, that trust is too much of a temptation for some disreputable exchanges.  :JC_thinking:

We had an issue in the CSCChat were an exchange did just that. Fourtunately with the help and lots of effort from the CSC Foundation most people where able to get there CSC back @Hodor

19 minutes ago, karlos said:

@Hodor has been posting quality content for years. Theres no rule against posting a link to an in-depth blog like his, actually its very welcome. I think @Hodor even starting writing here first, before contributing to the xrpcommunity.blog?

I don't think anyone is debating that Hodor has provided value to the community, especially during dark times.  My point is, imagine if CKJ, SamIAm, Alex Cobb, BenThatTruckerGuy, Tom, ****, Harry, etc all create a thread anytime they post a video, livestream, or article.  They would do so in the interest of self promotion, which is the same in this example.  If anything, I think there should just be one running thread that he can provide updates to as they occur, much like other topics.

35 minutes ago, karlos said:

I think @Hodor even starting writing here first, before contributing to the xrpcommunity.blog?

Thanks for taking the time to weigh in, @karlos  Sorry to bother you as it must be very late/early in Australia! 

This was the *only* place I posted at first.  I only started blogging on a different site because my posts grew way too big; I was blogging here before I knew that's what I was doing!  😅 

I honestly don't consider them 'promotion posts' because I use it to launch in-depth discussions, etc... plus I make no money (or at least very little money) on the blog.  Hopefully Coil will eventually change that however! 

23 minutes ago, zenkert said:

We had an issue in the CSCChat were an exchange did just that. Fourtunately with the help and lots of effort from the CSC Foundation most people where able to get there CSC back @Hodor

The cryptomarket is so unregulated that exchanges see this as an opportunity (on top of their fees) to make money, but only buying and holding enough crypto to fund withdrawals. 

I hesitate to propose regulation as a solution, but it's one way to go.  I'd prefer that exchanges just voluntarily report their crypto holdings vs. account holdings and be able to verify it 'on-chain.'  Before that point, we can just increase the numbers of customers that decide to hold and manage their own crypto. 

14 minutes ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

Imagine everybody would copy the avatar of a well respected member and would troll one of the most honourable contributors to this forum who promotes not himself, but the adoption of our investment. 

@karlos  would be very busy kicking them all out.  Luckily it’s just one in this case. 

I wasn't aware a XRPChat forum members had individual exclusive rights to Matt Groening's work.   I also wasn't aware their was a selection process of who gets to self promote.  I didn't expect much from you though on the side of using logic.

57 minutes ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

Imagine everybody would copy the avatar of a well respected member and would troll one of the most honourable contributors to this forum who promotes not himself, but the adoption of our investment. 

@karlos  would be very busy kicking them all out.  Luckily it’s just one in this case. 

41 minutes ago, KaaKaRmA said:

I wasn't aware a XRPChat forum members had individual exclusive rights to Matt Groening's work.   I also wasn't aware their was a selection process of who gets to self promote.  I didn't expect much from you though on the side of using logic.

Good to see you feel adressed specifically here. 

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, KaaKaRmA said:

I totally agree with your point of view.

Users should not be allowed to promote themselves on xrpchat. It does not bring anything new, flood the main forum.

You should do a topic to postpone these behaviors that spoil our community.  Maybe even make a video in front of the camera to have more impact?!

We need more peoples like you in our community

Ps : Can you use my avatar please ? We will be like forming an army ! An army of 2 people but we can grow fast ! I could subscribe to your new youtube channel too

Edited by BruceWhale