Sign in to follow this  
Xrplover

Korean and Japanese volumes

The drive up in price late 2017 and early 2018 seemed to have been largely driven by those 2 countries. Anyone know what is happening now?

they are probably not as interested anymore it would seem

1 hour ago, Xrplover said:

The drive up in price late 2017 and early 2018 seemed to have been largely driven by those 2 countries. Anyone know what is happening now?

they FOMO'd in and got screwed and probably burned the retail customers

didnt help with all the greedy corrupt exchanges and "missing" funds too, so the regulators clamped down and scared everyone left away

there will be another FOMO round for sure, but we're still in a bear market

However,  if what we keep hearing from the Ripple team is true we should start seeing a steady increase in volume as xRapid becomes a tool for the financial industry.  

Yea, yea,  it get the whole xCurrent and xVia.....but we have all been softly strung along with crumbs / hints that banks, FI's, and others will start using what ever tool you want to call it that uses XRP, actual XRP....however,  the volume that we are seeing seems like normal every day volume and none related to commercial use.

When commercial use becomes evident and made public..... I will feel a lot better about my position.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, itcdominic said:

However,  if what we keep hearing from the Ripple team is true we should start seeing a steady increase in volume as xRapid becomes a tool for the financial industry.  

Yea, yea,  it get the whole xCurrent and xVia.....but we have all been softly strung along with crumbs / hints that banks, FI's, and others will start using what ever tool you want to call it that uses XRP, actual XRP....however,  the volume that we are seeing seems like normal every day volume and none related to commercial use.

When commercial use becomes evident and made public..... I will feel a lot better about my position.

Not trying to a contrarian here. I’m just wondering; volume seemed to be in the 200 millions a day this summer, if I’m remembering correctly, during the week and on weekends. Now it seems we have 500+ million a day on week days and 200’s on the weekends. Perhaps this is some of the xRapid volume mixed with higher amounts of trading?

Edited by Raz

13 minutes ago, itcdominic said:

I initially thought so too.....however I more convinced its just organic growth in the retail market.  Nothing stands out has an increase do to xRapid adoption. 

I'd suspect that most of the "organic growth" you mention is wash trading

On 1/3/2019 at 3:53 PM, Raz said:

Not trying to a contrarian here. I’m just wondering; volume seemed to be in the 200 millions a day this summer, if I’m remembering correctly, during the week and on weekends. Now it seems we have 500+ million a day on week days and 200’s on the weekends. Perhaps this is some of the xRapid volume mixed with higher amounts of trading?

A lot of the volume is fake volume just washtrading. Take a look on coinmarketcap or whatever site you like and take a look at the exchanges where the volume comes from.

If you look on cmc you see ZB and ZBG with the highest XRP volume both are shady exchanges full of washtrading and transaction mining. Those 2 combined is already 100 million of fake volume and there are much more shady exchanges. 

Sign in to follow this