xrpmommy

cory johnson @ Cornell's Entrepreneurship Summit

Nothing really groundbreaking discussed here from our perspective except somehow he's aware that Amazon has $1B in capital tied up globally.  I wonder if they plan on doing anything about that?  

Posted (edited)

I really don’t like Cory is trying to rewrite history. Why not just be honest about the history of the name Ripple instead of lying? The company and the asset have been rebranded for strategic reasons. Big deal. Please don’t lie about it and stick to the facts. Ripple Labs has been rebranded to Ripple. Ripple (XRP) has been rebranded to just XRP. We all know why.

Edited by lucky

Posted (edited)

The github repository is located at https://github.com/ripple/rippled.

The rebranding was committed June 6 2018, and was titled “Update README with XRP Ledger branding”. These are undisputable facts. Trying to paint another picture is a very bad idea.

I prefer Schwartz’ honest approach: the field has matured, and we’ve adapted our language to a better understanding of it.

Edited by lucky

8 hours ago, aavkk said:

Nothing really groundbreaking discussed here from our perspective except somehow he's aware that Amazon has $1B in capital tied up globally.  I wonder if they plan on doing anything about that?  

timestamp in which he states that?

Posted (edited)

Cory is not the brightest Ripple employee. Once was asked how will Ripple deal with China if they ban crypto assets, his response was "how did that work with banning Google"

Lol he compared Google to a digital asset that literally has to work with regulators

Edited by AlibabaGrp

1 hour ago, AlibabaGrp said:

Cory is not the brightest Ripple employee. Once was asked how will Ripple deal with China if they ban crypto assets, his response was "how did that work with banning Google"

Lol he compared Google to a digital asset that literally has to work with regulators

I think he is more for the PR side of Ripple and explaining the tech 

1 hour ago, AlibabaGrp said:

ol he compared Google to a digital asset that literally has to work with regulators

So, Google doesn’t have to work with regulators?

6 hours ago, Mcripple said:

I call my coins Ripples. Don’t really give a damn who likes it

Call it what you will, I'll call it first a digital asset,  then zerps/XRP depends on who I'm around,  saying digital assets is important to me because it help changes the mindset of others instead of using the term" crypto" or the like.I remember hearing Brad in early interviews 2018 always using it steering the interviewer away from a negative connotation. Throughout the year ,you started seeing the bitcoin maximalist even changing their terminology (interesting I thought). Now the term is widely used in mainstream media , words are powerful,  but call it what you will :). Ok I'll admit , I'll call it my precious when it moons :D