Sign in to follow this  
alegato

Confusion with Listing on Kraken?

I read today that Kraken was questioning Ripple about how to titling XRP and this has partially caused Ethereum to increase as the #2 for market cap. Does anyone know anything more about this?

The move comes on the back of fresh controversy for both XRP and its relationship with payment network Ripple.

Confusion over whether or not Ripple can make executive decisions over the XRP spilled over into mainstream consciousness this week after United States cryptocurrency exchange Kraken publicly asked a senior executive for advice on how to name it.

31 minutes ago, Rey said:

The recent ETH price spike might be due to the upcoming Constantinople hard fork. 

This. 

Just like Bitcoin, whenever there is a new fork, people move their money to that fork in hopes for free coins.  When people move into the forking coin, the price pumps.  Same thing just happened with BCH.

54 minutes ago, Rey said:

The recent ETH price spike might be due to the upcoming Constantinople hard fork.

Never heard of it. I have a small gamble on ETH for other reasons, so far with a gain. But this kind of get´s me worried since I lost big on the BCH/BSV fork.

Jesse Powell is trolling here, no idea why. Maybe he should smoke less weed and spend more focus on improving his platform. After all these years, the kraken.com software is still very unstable, the moment there's some action in crypto, the kraken site still responds with cloudflare pages telling you the originating server can't serve the request. And after all these years, their crappy interface is still as crappy as ever (and badly designed, technically, which also contributes to their server problems).

It really amazes me why kraken has been unable to allocate budget for improving their service, by either buying more powerful servers, and/or improving their software. They must be losing more and more customers because of this, myself included.

In that light, trolling Ripple is not really helping them to improve their status, it just makes them look amateur.

42 minutes ago, zenkert said:

Never heard of it. I have a small gamble on ETH for other reasons, so far with a gain. But this kind of get´s me worried since I lost big on the BCH/BSV fork.

Nothing big going on. Less eth can be mined per block , this will reduce supply and could eventually lead to an increased price :) 

8 hours ago, alegato said:

I read today that Kraken was questioning Ripple about how to titling XRP and this has partially caused Ethereum to increase as the #2 for market cap.

Not!

19 hours ago, lucky said:

Jesse Powell is trolling here, no idea why. Maybe he should smoke less weed and spend more focus on improving his platform. After all these years, the kraken.com software is still very unstable, the moment there's some action in crypto, the kraken site still responds with cloudflare pages telling you the originating server can't serve the request. And after all these years, their crappy interface is still as crappy as ever (and badly designed, technically, which also contributes to their server problems).

It really amazes me why kraken has been unable to allocate budget for improving their service, by either buying more powerful servers, and/or improving their software. They must be losing more and more customers because of this, myself included.

In that light, trolling Ripple is not really helping them to improve their status, it just makes them look amateur.

Thank you for the clarification, albeit I probably could have expressed my question better.

Sign in to follow this