codiusrex

Which banks using XRP now?

1 hour ago, King34Maine said:

I'm sorry but I have seen this post numerous times and it does not state that they are presently using XRP in production.  I know the plan is to do so but this post clearly named entities utilizing XRP now which would indicate a production utilization.  If you have any information please share but don't just grab an article based on a headline and think it will suffice some of us in here actually do read these things 

51 minutes ago, KaaKaRmA said:

People aren’t over the shock of reality yet. Many still bitter, not wanting to believe reality, and some continue to kick the can further.  Ignoring these weak minded and we can return to a realistic community focused on true developments and solutions. 

You sound like the only bitter one here.

58 minutes ago, KaaKaRmA said:

People aren’t over the shock of reality yet. Many still bitter, not wanting to believe reality, and some continue to kick the can further.  Ignoring these weak minded and we can return to a realistic community focused on true developments and solutions. 

I think you might be over-egging this here. I don't think most people here are in shock at all. Maybe if you'd told them end of 2018 price at the start of 2018, yeah, everyone would be in shock. But not now. I think most people here are kinda numb to price action and hopeful of serious increases in price this year.

4 hours ago, RikkiTikki said:

I'm sorry but I have seen this post numerous times and it does not state that they are presently using XRP in production.  I know the plan is to do so but this post clearly named entities utilizing XRP now which would indicate a production utilization.  If you have any information please share but don't just grab an article based on a headline and think it will suffice some of us in here actually do read these things 

My bad, I didn't make it clear...I forgot to add the part that I was in agreement with you. I was just providing the source for their production contract with Ripple to support what you were saying. I was in the middle of three other conversations at the time I sent that out. 

6 hours ago, RikkiTikki said:

Not sure why that posted twice. Mods could you please delete the extra?

Often happens when connectivity is dodgy...  the submit gets a second click before its disabled.  The thing to do is just edit your second post and remove the text and put a “Deleted - duplicate post” marker there to show why you edited it.

Makes the thread cleaner,  and is nearly as good as actual deletion.  The mods shouldn’t have to clean our messes up,  especially if we can do it ourselves.  Just my opinion...  hope it’s helpful.

Pasted from <https://twitter.com/XrpCenter>

XRP Research Center (twitter) 12/28/2018
Exchanges with xRapid integration today: 
1)@BittrexExchange USD 
2)@Bitstamp USD | EUR 
3)@Bitso MXN 
4)@coinsph PHP 
5)@sbivc_official JPY 

Exchanges that have confirmed xRapid integration is in the works: 
1)@QuidaxHQ NGN 
2)@BitrueOfficial SGD

xRapid on remittances
Using it today:  
1)Cuallix 
2)Catalyst Corporate

3)Mercury FX 

Will use by 2019: 
1)SendFriend 

Will/are integrating it: 
1)SBI Remit. 
2)InstaRem 
3)TransferGo 
4)Zipremit 
5)FlashFX 
6)IDT 
7)Currencies Direct 
8)Cambridge Payments 
9)Viamericas 
10)MoneyGram

Products able to settle on the XRPL today: 
1)#xRapid by @Ripple 
2)@Interledger protocol developed by @Ripple, @Coil and @w3c 
3)Corda Settler developed by @inside_r3 

Products that will be able to settle on the XRPL by 2019: 
1)@xrptipbot by @WietseWind

The exponential growth of 10x or even 100x your coin investment in a year may not happen again for a long time if ever.  That rush from last year has taken almost all of 2018 and into 2019 to retrace back to what would be healthy growth levels absent that rush year over year.  If we can retrain our investing brains to look at XRP as a medium-long hold then the fundamentals really start to shine again.  Also check out my new podcast at 

anchor.fm/podcastXRP

I am sure a lot of banks are trialling it ( Westpac in Aus have been listed as a bank, one of the big 4 in AUS ), and be it regulation clarity or implementation it is only a matter of time.

It won't be announced from banks "hey we are thinking of doing this just testing the waters", they need consumer confidence and regulation before implementing peoples FIAT into a payment system. The last thing banks want to do is lose customers.

When that penny drops, it will be like flicking the switch and turning it on.

This is just my broad, maybe idealistic view.

2 hours ago, herbdizzle said:

The exponential growth of 10x or even 100x your coin investment in a year may not happen again for a long time if ever.  That rush from last year has taken almost all of 2018 and into 2019 to retrace back to what would be healthy growth levels absent that rush year over year.  If we can retrain our investing brains to look at XRP as a medium-long hold then the fundamentals really start to shine again.  Also check out my new podcast at 

anchor.fm/podcastXRP

You could say that every time BTC had a longish bear trend, which was many.

This market hasn't even been tapped yet. No bubble like .com until Bakkt, NASDAQ, etc are all mainstream and everyone knows what crypto is. 

Posted (edited)
On 1/3/2019 at 12:45 AM, KaaKaRmA said:

People aren’t over the shock of reality yet. Many still bitter, not wanting to believe reality.

How's this for reality

The only bank that I can clearly see using XRP on any kind of noticeable scale is the bank of Jed McCaleb ? 

Would you agree with that reality ? 

Edited by Ballsdeep

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, mrhat75 said:

You could say that every time BTC had a longish bear trend, which was many.

This market hasn't even been tapped yet. No bubble like .com until Bakkt, NASDAQ, etc are all mainstream and everyone knows what crypto is. 

I agree with this and the sentiment that we are still in the crawl stage just trying to get legs. a lot of foundations have been set and Crypto in general is not just a flash in the pan as I once thought it was.

Of course the media will play the fear factor, "look at what happened in 2018" but the reality is this whole thing has been growing. Just like when the dot.com bubble burst but who won out in the end, the smart players. And to this day even more are growing like Netflix etc, wow I even think Google were not really heard of when the tech stocks where crumbling but they were there, and look at Amazon.

Potentially the market is set for an explosion, where that lies is anyones guess but I have my money on XRP.

Edited by XRPanding

You can ignore the complete list under category will/are intergrating it. Its just hopium. For example Currencies direct switched to xcurrent

Posted (edited)

I view it more as a payment protocol that someone like Paypal could find value in. They already have their customers used to an outrageous service fee, using a protocol such as the ripple protocol could increase their profits and enable them to have funds transferred more easily. I don't see why a credit-card company wouldn't want to use something like XRP as they will almost have 0 cost to move money. Wait until more crypto exchanges come out and create more competition and soon there will be crypto-based credit cards. All there needs to be is more crypto-to-fiat links setup and companies like coinbase and Binance will stop having monopolies on the market. Thing is, there is a lot of risk with people opening up new exchanges. Lots of security risks and if done wrongly, you can lose all your funds and customers funds. That's probably why people still find favor in banks is because their money is 'safe'.

If they get scammed the banks will replace their money and their insurance will cover it. Crypto is still a very new industry, which is why everyone always says not to go all-in on it. Things don't happen over-night, they take quite a bit of time to catch on. Especially complicated topics such as crypto don't appeal to your average joe. How many people do you know research payment protocol technologies? 

I have a question. Can there be private XRP channels setup, so that if I were a bank, I could put 200 million into a channel and then create my own source of liquidity? That way I can buy and sell XRP on my own XRP channel and then move my money to wherever I want and then sell the tokens and get my money back thus moving my money in an instant?

Edited by LucidRain