Posted (edited)

Happy New Year Everyone... i havn't posted for a while, ripple inspired me to return to righting things, often gov social policies ... last year i took my gov to court and won! in part about abandoning youth into the community, often suiciding. No money involved, gov are reviewing policy. RIP Manmeet Alisher, Blake, Young Dave.....back to lurking, back to righting

Edited by robertbruce

Posted (edited)

I bought my first XRP a year ago almost exactly to this day (REKT. I know). I know everyone always say they heard about BTC back in 2013, I should’ve bought it! Well I had a friend mining it and I wanted 0 part of it because I didn’t understand it. 

Fast forward to December last year, everyone is talking about it and I felt extremely dumb for not digging into the space at all, especially with the technical background that I have. 

So I made it my goal to research everything and anything about this space. I very quickly stumbled upon Ripple and XRP. It was hard to see the value at first as many in the cryptosphere called it a centralized scam, but the more I looked into the company, their partners, and the problem they were solving I was immediately hooked. I started reading through David’s old comments (man is a genius and doesn’t get the recognition he deserves, instead we applaud Roger Ver and Craig Wright and worship some fake persona “Satoshi”) and started following quality researchers on twitter like @BANKXRP and XrpCenter who post relevant snippets as well as the sources they come from. I made an account here and started reading awesome threads by guys like @Tehol_Beddict and articles written by @Hodor, @galgitron.

After being here for a year, I’ve noticed there’s a lot of noise in this space that can get you caught up in hype but it’s understandable. This is revolutionary technology, on the scale of tcp/ip. People have access to banks now because of projects like Mojaloop and companies like Ripple. They’re creating a global economy. It’s amazing to witness, I used to check the price everyday until I realized we’re still tied to bitcoin. If XRP can reach the levels it did last year based on pure speculation, where will it go once it’s being fully utilized?

Whenever I explain Ripple+XRP, I like to use this quote championed by Ripple themselves: “Enable the world to move value like information moves today” https://ripple.com/insights/the-internet-of-value-what-it-means-and-how-it-benefits-everyone/

2019 is lining up to be a big year for Ripple and XRP, thank you to everyone here on XRPChat (plenty that I didn’t mention, I apologize) for helping  and educating new people like myself

Edited by Ryyy20