TokenBaby

The FUD Stompers: Like It or Not, XRP Army Is Winning Crypto’s Hashtag War

I think he does have some fair points when it comes to the Twitter space. 99% of the conflicts would not be so toxic if people met face to face.

I feel this often myself. It is comparable to someone cutting you off in traffic. If the person notices and apologises through a wave and an apologetic gesture everything is ok. But if the person does not notice or simply ignores you, a large portion of the day is ruined for you.

This brain-chemistry probably had some sort of evolutionary advantage in some sh***y environment our earlier ancestors had to deal with, but in our time and culture it can be really toxic. Social media knows how to exploit this wiring.

Edited by mandelbaum

I think Twitter is absolute garbage in regards to sourcing relevant information, besides a few knowledgeable  individuals.  Other than that, I avoid it all together.  How can anyone have a adult conversations when your limited to 280? characters.  I search #ripple and #xrp occasionally and its honestly embarrassing. 

7 minutes ago, Archbob said:

Nah, half of them that do that believe that XRP is really going to $1000 soon and try to pass their speculations as "fact". None of their predictions are ever correct.

really?  Half of them?  LMAO.

Only a few hours left of 2018 here on the East Coast of USA.

I’m checking the price of XRP every 15 minutes for $589 but maybe I’m not looking at the right websites for the price updates bc it’s only $.35 right now.

I can’t wait to wake up to $589 in the morning ‘yo! I’m gonna be puttin’ in my first order for a new lambo and submit my letter of resignation cuz I be phat in retirement ‘yo!!!

HAPPY F$$$ING NEW YEAR!!!!!!

4 hours ago, Sharkey said:

really?  Half of them?  LMAO.

If you check the SWIFT twitter, they are all there. Its mainly the YT crowd whose have completely drank the cool-aid.

"XRP army" is the best argument for getting out of crypto. What an embarrassment to be associated with some of this garbage. 

Some books are garbage.
I love reading books.
Now I’m associated with garbage literature?
Nobody forces you to read or to comment on garbage.... You see....

4 hours ago, kanaas said:

Some books are garbage.
I love reading books.
Now I’m associated with garbage literature?
Nobody forces you to read or to comment on garbage.... You see....

Thanks for explaining that. In other news, water is wet. Although if you want to address what I actually said, I invite you to do so.

A critical mass of poorly researched and written commentary most definitely affects how the populace sees XRP, and thus those who are associated with it.  Simply saying "some books are garbage" is a poor analogy and fails to address the relatively overweighted role that garbage articles play in forming public perception of crypto. Perhaps a better analogy might be:

Most reality TV is garbage.

I love reality TV.

Now I'm associated with garbage TV.

Whether you like it or not, people will associate your involvement with a particular topic with the overwhelming popular conception of that topic. Whether or not someone forces you to watch it is irrelevant to perception. That was simply my point. It was meant to be a tongue-in-cheek attempt at irony. I suppose I should've known better.