Sign in to follow this  
Chewiecoin

What an Incredible Year

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, TreeLine said:

If 2018 was an incredible year, what was 2017? Maybe a tamer word is appropriate <_<

I disagree. 2017 was a huge speculative bull run which was great if you bought in 2016 and before but was not built on any sustained utility. 

2018 has seen the rails laid for what will be an amazing XRP price rise based on actual use which will leave 2017 in its wake. 

So yes my adjective “incredible” stands. 

Edited by Chewiecoin

1 hour ago, Chewiecoin said:

I disagree. 2017 was a huge speculative bull run which was great if you bought in 2016 and before but was not built on any sustained utility. 

2018 has seen the rails laid for what will be an amazing XRP price rise based on actual use which will leave 2017 in its wake. 

So yes my adjective “incredible” stands. 

Progress in developing the ecosystem of XRP has been beyond my wildest imaginings.  I am surprised that this obvious improvement in XRP's prospects has not been reflected in the price of the tokens, but this only serves to reinforce my conviction that these present prices are a give-away and a gift from heaven. 

12 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

Progress in developing the ecosystem of XRP has been beyond my wildest imaginings.  I am surprised that this obvious improvement in XRP's prospects has not been reflected in the price of the tokens, but this only serves to reinforce my conviction that these present prices are a give-away and a gift from heaven. 

Exactly. The market is definitely down atm. Once the bulls return and utility kicks in, look out. 

I hope that we can one day look back at 2018 with novelty.  How we had the guts to hodl through it.  How much our hopes and dreams were dashed......at least for the time.  Maybe even how much we were able to buy for the latecomers (all relative).

Only time will tell.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, mrhat75 said:

I hope that we can one day look back at 2018 with novelty.  How we had the guts to hodl through it.  How much our hopes and dreams were dashed......at least for the time.  Maybe even how much we were able to buy for the latecomers (all relative).

Only time will tell.

Amen. I'm not trying to dash anyone's hopes here but I'm just a big ball of pessimism at this point even though I'm still in the green (joined early 2017, still believe in the tech). And don't give me that drivel about XRP "returns" still higher than stocks... If I wanted stock market returns, I would've put my money in the stock market. Two reasons I've yet to sell is because it's a complicated process and I'm the type who'll say fvck it and go down with the ship.

Anyway, good luck to all of us hodlers. I'll check back again in six months. Have a great 2019!

Edited by Skullworm

On 12/31/2018 at 8:07 AM, BruceWhale said:

2018 : Excellent start => Bad end

2019 : Bad start => Excellent End ?

More likely:

2018 - Good start, bad end

2019 - bad start, nothing changes 

2022 or 2023 I retire 

3 hours ago, AJSmirker said:

Without regulations it will be another meaningless year, this is your 6482 post trying to pump XRP. Give it a rest already. You, Dr T. And Alex Cobb should give it a rest already.

Oh I apologise. I thought I had joined a site dedicated to the sharing of knowledge and positivity regarding an investment that I made. I mistakenly thought that such a site would be filled with positive comments about how my investment could be successful. 

I see now that it is so much richer for the negativity and discouragement of many including yourself. 

Thank you for pointing out the error of my ways

Guys, don’t wanna be rude or something, listen to me, I love the project, XRP, ripple and stuff.. but... speaking as an investor, going from almost 4$ to 0.37 has nothing, NOTHING of amazing. 🤷🏻‍♂️

But don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining or crying about the price because I know exactly what I do and what I’ve done with my money by investing here and never randomly bought XRP or whatever crypto because « some guys of internet told me to do so ».

But, PLEASE, for god’s sake, can we stop saying this year has been « amazing blablabla », considering the chart for 5 sec ?

This year as probably be awesome for Ripple and other fintech that are having project around XRP ledger and blockchain in general. But this year, and for ALL CRYPTOS, including XRP, has been ******** and broke lots of persons (hopefully I came in early 2017 so I’m not talking about myself).

If you know what your are doing here and why you invested in XRP you don’t need to reassure yourself by saying to everyone that everything is alright.

Thank you 🙂

Sign in to follow this