Sign in to follow this  
Chewiecoin

What an Incredible Year

Posted (edited)

Long time lurker here and being my first post I don't want to come across as here to cause trouble so I will keep this post short . 

IENVIAA ,

I couldn't agree more with you and I don't find your post rude in any way it is just the truth . We are invested in XRP not ripple and it has been a crap year and I truely get confused by people posting positively when it really couldn't be much worse .

The fact is if I'd invested my money into tether I'd be up right now but I chose "Ripple" as it was called  then because everything made sence that "ripple" would be the future in international money transfers . 

Sadly , the longer I'm in this space with watching the markets move daily it is becoming increasingly difficult to believe in the real world use of xrp increasing its value . Everything just seems so rigged with the ex cofounder being paid out huge amounts which will continue for years to come , and the whole "we don't care about xrp" attitude from the Ripple team doesn't give me much confidence. 

The childish behaviour we see from DR Wright is another matter I want to touch on in another thread sometime along with YouTube spruikers .

cheers 

Edited by Ballsdeep

I doubt too many here had a more costly year than I did. Still, 2018 was a banner year for Ripple; and the fundamentals for XRP have never looked better. Few things in life are guaranteed, and XRP's success is most certainly not. As I survey the long-term landscape, however, I really like our chances. If I didn't, I would sell and move on to better things.

On 1/1/2019 at 8:28 AM, Chewiecoin said:

I disagree. 2017 was a huge speculative bull run which was great if you bought in 2016 and before but was not built on any sustained utility. 

2018 has seen the rails laid for what will be an amazing XRP price rise based on actual use which will leave 2017 in its wake. 

So yes my adjective “incredible” stands. 

Only Ripple would call it incredible, that's the problem.

Ripple is doing everything they can to make XRP a succes. They've got lots of it, so it would help them in reaching their goals.

On the other hand they can not communicate to much about their efforts, just to avoid being linked to XRP (security issue) too much. So logically their focus is on building the ecosystem around XRP with the unavoidable results that XRP will thrive by it.

I bet a lot more is going on behind the curtain of NDA's than meets the eye

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Caracappa said:

Ripple is doing everything they can to make XRP a succes. They've got lots of it, so it would help them in reaching their goals.

On the other hand they can not communicate to much about their efforts, just to avoid being linked to XRP (security issue) too much. So logically their focus is on building the ecosystem around XRP with the unavoidable results that XRP will thrive by it.

I bet a lot more is going on behind the curtain of NDA's than meets the eye

Yes this is exactly what’s happening. 

Cue the FUD saying that NDA’s don’t exist. 

Edited by Chewiecoin

4 minutes ago, Chewiecoin said:

Yes this is exactly what’s happening. 

Cue the FUD staying that NDA’s don’t exist. 

First rule of the NDA is you do not talk about the NDA...!

Ripple the company is doing well.

But with all the hughe News the XRP price 😒 more and more patience for XRP....

I AM still Inn but a lot off people lost faith.

How fare are we with the marathon Mr BG?

I missed the posts here of David S.😏

6 hours ago, WuWei said:

I continue to do my 'research', and yes, I too would call 2018 a very impressive year for Ripple. The euphoria over last year's spectacular run up, and the subsequent cooling off, has jaded many of the xrp holders current expectations. For a coin with a supply of 40, (or a 100 billion ultimately), a sustained price above a quarter is actually a testament to a sincere belief in Ripple's vision. People have deluded themselves with a sort of "keeping up with the Jones's mentality," by comparing the underlying value of xrp to the success of other "useless" coins, and presume that it should be worth more - 'right now!'  Xrp is poised to stand on its own very soon, and it will begin to chart it's own course.  By listening carefully to what the Ripple executives have been saying, it's readily apparent that they've been hamstrung and delayed in their Xrapid adoption on several fronts, the most significant of which, has been the regulatory uncertainty. The encouraging news though, is how quickly and methodically Ripple has been addressing these issues: most of which, I'm sure, is kept behind the scenes. The formation of the lobbying group, was a direct, assertive response to this regulatory foot-dragging. Ripple also sought to counter the consistent misinformation being purposefully disseminated by some of bitcoin's biggest holders. Many were quick to criticize Ripple's selection of Bill Clinton to speak at SWELL, however, I now see this, and having chosen Bernanke in 2017, as brilliant moves on their part. Connections are sometimes everything in breaking through 'log jams', and it appears to me that they are leaving no stone unturned. The settlement with R3 was a major collaborative agreement, who's impact has yet to be even remotely appreciated. Nobody comes anywhere close to what the Ripple Team has achieved thus far: their product suite is superior to anything out there and ILP is like a global master key.  This Ripple powered, world-wide network will ultimately make xrp's utilization possibilities nearly beyond imagination.  I'd say, a very productive year indeed! 

Very well said. 

But but market cap, price is only 37c . .

Most saw the drop coming and shorted XRP and re acquired the coin at a lower rate. OP is 100% correct its has been a fantastic year for XRP, we are all thrilled. Investors need to be long as we will ( probably ) not see past 30/40 cents in 2019 with a few drops and rises during the year.  Investors arriving in Jan 2018 was late to the prom, it will take years to earn back the losses unless they have bought big during the year and reduced their average to sub 50cents. 

Sign in to follow this