Sign in to follow this  
Bettergoham

Accenture, Spoke & Hub, Global Takeover

8 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Would it have been better if Amazon to taken over the bookshops completely within a decade?  Bookshops are responding by changing into cafes with book clubs etc

Personally I would say yes. This is because honesty is one of my core values. This is just my humble opinion. However, that kind of question does not have just one correct answer and it boils down to very deep topics such as how we are going to define concept of work now and in near future, etc.

Bookshops had to evolve or die. Amazon used to be the creative destruction for bookshops. Ripple is the creative destruction for SWIFT and equivalent pre-Internet era businesses.

9 minutes ago, hallwaymonitor said:

Personally I would say yes. This is because honesty is one of my core values. This is just my humble opinion. However, that kind of question does not have just one correct answer and it boils down to very deep topics such as how we are going to define concept of work now and in near future, etc.

Bookshops had to evolve or die. Amazon used to be the creative destruction for bookshops. Ripple is the creative destruction for SWIFT and equivalent pre-Internet era businesses.

I like bookshops but I use Amazon.  We have to adapt to the new world order, I am not sure that I am always in a hurry though.  Except for XRP, I am impatiently looking forward to having the money to retire and enough over to do creative things.

3 hours ago, hallwaymonitor said:

That document is dated back in 2016 when Accenture had just figured out that xCurrent will be the SWIFT killer. Now in the late 2018 it is old news. I wish I would see similar eager new document about xRapid or Corda Settler adoption. THAT would be a mighty one.

Massimo Proverbio, the author of the document has left Accenture to join in January 2018, INTESA SANPAOLO and now is Chief IT, Digital and Innovation Officer.

40 minutes ago, eksarpi said:

Massimo Proverbio, the author of the document has left Accenture to join in January 2018, INTESA SANPAOLO and now is Chief IT, Digital and Innovation Officer.

https://ripple.com/insights/ripple-and-r3-team-up-with-12-banks-to-trial-xrp-for-cross-border-payments/

Today, we are announcing that twelve banks belonging to a consortium led by financial innovation company R3 is trialing Ripple’s native digital asset, XRP, to scale liquidity and reduce the costs and inefficiencies of cross-border payments.

#Fintech company @R3CEV trials Ripple’s XRP to scale liquidity, reduce costs of cross-border #payments. Tweet This

The R3 member banks involved in the trial include Barclays, BMO Financial Group, CIBC, Intesa Sanpaolo, Macquarie Group, National Australia Bank (NAB), Natixis, Nordea, Royal Bank of Canada (RBC), Santander, Scotiabank, and Westpac Banking Corporation.

11 hours ago, eksarpi said:

And the co-author (Jeremy Light) of the document left from Accenture after 30 years career to go as "Independent Consultant". After 3 months exploration he started to work with Ripple.

Guess who also is about to start "consulting"? The CEO of SWIFT, Mr. Gottfried Leibbrandt, who resigned recently from SWIFT.

"Leibbrandt said he is eyeing a return to consulting and writing academic papers on payments systems -- one of the hottest sectors in finance as online commerce booms."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-12-12/swift-ceo-steps-down-after-era-of-tech-disrupting-global-banking

2018-12-29 12_27_18-Jeremy Light - VP of EU Strategic Accounts - A digital asset payments network bu.png

22 hours ago, KarmaCoverage said:

That said, I do appreciate the predicament they are in, needing to steer their boat in 2 directions at the same time. Even when they do "get it", their legacy systems are an anchor. Hence... start ups and "new companies". 

Agreed, fortunately they are more of a "sea anchor", if you get my drift ;) we'll just drag them along lol...

image.png.2a717c3af348fc6698a151f6c836b6ba.png