Alex1

EOY thread (for moon boys and their sincere apologies)

I just hope they learn to be more mindfull of where they get their information.

People can be terrible at critical thinking and deductive reasoning, and are very likely to be put into frequent gullible situations.

Exploiting their desire to make money, I can see some of the more outrageous claims if hurtful enough to even lead to litigation.

One positive thing to take away from this whole crypto currency market situation is how cheap it can be despite all the positive news and progress this year. 

For long term investment, xrp is a steal under $1, and at sub $0.50 is downright highway robbery lol.

We are a community of mostly like-minded individuals, that all want to see xrp and other crypto currency companies with real legitimate value succeed.

I wanted to sell last year at around $3, but I did not. I wanted to sell also at few lower values before, but I did not. I trust in XRP.

I thought price will be around $5 EOY 2018, but I was wrong. Will price ever recover? Nobody knows. It can go near $0.0 or to $100. 

I just want to stop looking at XRP price 100-times a day and  just wait to see if XRP goes to real usage. This is killing me!

On 12/28/2018 at 12:15 PM, Alex1 said:

EOY is finally here. Hundreds of delusional bagholders aggressively promoted their nonsense ("$1 is almost here", "$589 is round the corner", etc.), calling it a "positive attitude". They did it for the whole year, shutting up and shaming everyone who disagrees.

My gut feeling tells me, that 2019 gonna be even worse for all of us - believers and non-believers, but for now I don't want to discuss any price predictions and reasons for the downtrend

What I want to see in this thread is at least one overexcited optimist admitting his mistakes. Is it really so hard to say: "yes, I was wrong"?

This reads like KakaaRma - hi Kak 

Or you could just rename this thread 'I went all in on a cartoon figure's predictions on a nascent, speculative and unregulated asset class and now my kids will be eating dog food in 2019, who wants to massage my ego?' and call it a day? 

If you bought at the multi-month range of 20-24c before the bull run in 2017, you're still about 20-25% up after 18 months. 

7 hours ago, SquaryBone said:

Why is it that everybody who says something you don't like has no or a minimal amount of xrp? Hows this related?
Disagreeing with a forecast of 100 degrees tomorrow? Must mean you're a non investor.

Did you actually read OP’s comments? 2019 is going to be worse for XRP than 2018 was (according to OP). OP would be literally willing to lose 90%+ value of his current XRP holdings if he really thought this and held XRP. I can’t believe I have to explain this. 

Edited by 2ndtimearound

12 hours ago, SquaryBone said:

Why is it that everybody who says something you don't like has no or a minimal amount of xrp? Hows this related?
Disagreeing with a forecast of 100 degrees tomorrow? Must mean you're a non investor.

People that act smug on here that the price is down creating threads looking for validation - yeah pretty sure they have a huge stack of XRP.

Yawn.

15 hours ago, Guest said:

This is worse than Reddit, you won't get any sympathy.  And you certainly won't get anyone admitting the irrational exuberance and confidence in a highly speculative investment.  This is an echo chamber and I foolishly did not realize that when I came here in early 2018.  I admit I was blinded by my own greed as many were.   Time and time again I would read how you should load up at $2, fill your bags at $1.5, wow $.75, on sale at $.4, BTFD boys!  There was never a mention of sitting on the sidelines or looking at the charts and see what happens before making another move.  It was all, 'this is eventually going to the moon, so you might as well take advantage of the sale.'  While that may be true, there was rarely dissenting opinion.  That is my biggest issue with this forum.  It is unbalanced.  There is minimal dissenting opinion, and when that opinion is voiced, it is immediately shut down.  Fortunately, I sought out other avenues for information but it was too late.

Like I said earlier, I admit to my mistakes and that I was blinded by greed (like so many were) but had there been a more balanced analysis and perspective on XRP, many of us might have been able to cut our losses a little earlier.  I would hope that at least a few people here would take a second to think about that, but history has proven otherwise, in this thread alone. 

I'm not asking for an apology, but I am saying that the prominent voices here should understand the collective influence they had on investors decisions throughout 2018.

Good luck to everyone in 2019.

Well you admit you were blinded by greed - your fault.  Don't blame random people on the internet for your decisions.  If you're influenced by messageboard comments, maybe it's better to not invest in anything.  I ghosted these boards in 2017 after I discovered XRP.  I learned a lot about XRP (from various sources) and loaded up last November, sold in late January.  Even though I visited these boards, I don't in any way give credit to the people here for the profits I made (see how ridiculous it sounds?)  -  my decisions are my own.  I've invested again, but I've never bought above $1.  Despite the incredible temptation to follow the advice of some rando saying "load up at $2!" strangely I thought it was silly to buy ANYTHING when the price is on a parabolic drive upwards.  If you see that kind of price action, that ship has sailed. 

Edited by 2ndtimearound

11 hours ago, AllinXRP said:

I do see what OP is saying though. When I first arrived on this site 6-8 months ago people were ALL over me, calling me a FUDster because I said I didn’t think there was any chance that XRP was at $1 by year end. They were all saying ‘minimum $10 and anything under is a joke’ and I was saying ‘so you expect a minimum of 35x and if I say anything less, I am a moron?’  

OP is trying to make them look dumb....and I have noticed that none of those real hardcore 589ers have joined this thread. 

I've been attacked many times on Youtube, here, and twitter for saying $589 EOY isn't even a remote possibility. Most of those idiots have shut up by now. I don't think most of the people who predict the sky-high prices have any grasp of economics.

Its easier to go from .0007 to $3 than $.38 to $589 because the amount of money required is astronomically more. Microcoins moon 100x all the time, big coins usually don't. Once coins cross the $10 billion mark, they find those 1000x increases much harder.

If I was a person buying last year at .007, I can buy 50k for $350. But now I want to sell at $500, someone now keeps to absorb my 50k coins for $2.5 million . If they can't, they I will eventually just sell down because well, I will make a lot of money regardless of how I sell down. If even 10% of people sell(like the last FOMO), you still need hundreds of Billions of money to absorb this and the higher the price goes, its been shown the higher % of people that will want to cash out. Without FOMO I think if you took over all retail and corporate remittances you wouldn't get anywhere near those numbers. You'd have to take over FOREX and Derivitives as well and somehow I don't see XRP dominating those markets anytime soon.

Amazon was founded in 1994 and by Mid 1998, a year after its IPO, it was already over $14 billion. But going from a billion to a trillion took the next 20 years. You just run into economic contraints which the moonboys refuse to see.

Edited by Archbob

9 hours ago, KaaKaRmA said:

If I were an insider I'd be salty.  I see reality, understand what's happening, and don't need to chase cartoons to give me hope in an investment.  Don't worry...few more days until you can gain more confidence by moving the goal posts.  

BTW....did I miss Kichiro's $50/24 hours?  I just checked and we're still sub .40c.

It hurts a lot that all these Internet characters succefully built insider personas but you failed miserably, doesn’t it?

Man, you must be really terrible at this when you can’t even pretend to be a fake insider for 3 days without getting exposed