EOY thread (for moon boys and their sincere apologies)

15 minutes ago, Xrpforme said:

I was wrong. Not because I listened to a bunch of fools on Twitter, but I figured that a Coinbase rumor brought us to $3.80 last year. I figured the price could easily FOMO higher based on one grand slam good news release after another. If this was a NASDAQ stock, we’d be at $5-10 at least. I’ve never seen such a lack of response in price therefore I’m convinced either the price is artificially suppressed or that lack of regulatory clarity truly kept a lid on things.  Im talking about FOMO alone. I don’t think we’ve even seen the utility use case reveal itself yet. Volume and ledger payments don’t show it. So, I expected $5-10 in 2018. I expect/hope for $50+ in 2019. Why? Because we know the rails have been built into major institutions and smaller ones. We know there are alternate use cases being fostered with Xspring. They need liquidity soon. Large institutions aren’t building onto ripple net to wait for some chance stroke of luck with bozo speculators to get the liquidity required to operate efficiently. 

Yes. I think you're right. Not to derail the topic but I think CBOE / CME futures contracts caused this collapse in crypto price. Why or who is behind it is anyones guess. Tinfoil hat on, but I think this was getting too powerful too quickly and governments started to take note.

I have a gut feeling, and im speculating here, that @Eric123 was spot on with his post on bakkt. When institutional investors enter this space through bakkt, they will actually hold Bitcoin as opposed to just betting against it and holding nothing...

2019 will be interesting. I suspect we will enter a different period. Capitulation is all to clear and with good reason. 

Edited by Guest
  • Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So you want people to say you were right...an they were wrong? Well...despite prices the only question you should be asking is, is the xrp eco system better or worse than it was a year ago....I’ll eve

EOY is finally here. Hundreds of delusional bagholders aggressively promoted their nonsense ("$1 is almost here", "$589 is round the corner", etc.), calling it a "positive attitude". They did it for t

Posted Images

18 hours ago, Alex1 said:

EOY is finally here. Hundreds of delusional bagholders aggressively promoted their nonsense ("$1 is almost here", "$589 is round the corner", etc.), calling it a "positive attitude". They did it for the whole year, shutting up and shaming everyone who disagrees.

My gut feeling tells me, that 2019 gonna be even worse for all of us - believers and non-believers, but for now I don't want to discuss any price predictions and reasons for the downtrend

What I want to see in this thread is at least one overexcited optimist admitting his mistakes. Is it really so hard to say: "yes, I was wrong"?

What a waste... and who the FUD are you again???

Edited by BabyNeedsShoes
On 12/28/2018 at 6:15 AM, Alex1 said:

EOY is finally here. Hundreds of delusional bagholders aggressively promoted their nonsense ("$1 is almost here", "$589 is round the corner", etc.), calling it a "positive attitude". They did it for the whole year, shutting up and shaming everyone who disagrees.

My gut feeling tells me, that 2019 gonna be even worse for all of us - believers and non-believers, but for now I don't want to discuss any price predictions and reasons for the downtrend

What I want to see in this thread is at least one overexcited optimist admitting his mistakes. Is it really so hard to say: "yes, I was wrong"?

This is worse than Reddit, you won't get any sympathy.  And you certainly won't get anyone admitting the irrational exuberance and confidence in a highly speculative investment.  This is an echo chamber and I foolishly did not realize that when I came here in early 2018.  I admit I was blinded by my own greed as many were.   Time and time again I would read how you should load up at $2, fill your bags at $1.5, wow $.75, on sale at $.4, BTFD boys!  There was never a mention of sitting on the sidelines or looking at the charts and see what happens before making another move.  It was all, 'this is eventually going to the moon, so you might as well take advantage of the sale.'  While that may be true, there was rarely dissenting opinion.  That is my biggest issue with this forum.  It is unbalanced.  There is minimal dissenting opinion, and when that opinion is voiced, it is immediately shut down.  Fortunately, I sought out other avenues for information but it was too late.

Like I said earlier, I admit to my mistakes and that I was blinded by greed (like so many were) but had there been a more balanced analysis and perspective on XRP, many of us might have been able to cut our losses a little earlier.  I would hope that at least a few people here would take a second to think about that, but history has proven otherwise, in this thread alone. 

I'm not asking for an apology, but I am saying that the prominent voices here should understand the collective influence they had on investors decisions throughout 2018.

Good luck to everyone in 2019.

Edited by Guest
50 minutes ago, misterford said:

I admit I was blinded by my own greed as many were. 

This! 

There was never a mention of sitting on the sidelines or looking at the charts and see what happens before making another move.

I did. For all to see and follow.  I had severe discussions on the forum with a well known gold member about not buying after a 1000% rise, but instead selling and take some profits ( which I did, but in hindsight I should have sold all at exactly the top! Ahhhh hindsight is such a nice thing). 

the prominent voices here should understand the collective influence they had on investors

Wtf is a “ prominent voice” ?  Maybe Hodor, as he has an “ official” blog, but I think he’s pretty balanced ( but yes, optimistic. And why not?) .

The rest of us are fictional caracters with a funny avatar on the internet, gold, silver,  bronze, whatever.  

So suddenly we have a responsibility of educating investors? 

TLDR:  if I’ve been able to resist “ peer pressure”  and make profits from jan until now and be public about it, why couldn’t you? 

Edited by Ripple-Stiltskin
I was wrong. Not because I listened to a bunch of fools on Twitter, but I figured that a Coinbase rumor brought us to $3.80 last year. I figured the price could easily FOMO higher based on one grand slam good news release after another. If this was a NASDAQ stock, we’d be at $5-10 at least. I’ve never seen such a lack of response in price therefore I’m convinced either the price is artificially suppressed or that lack of regulatory clarity truly kept a lid on things.  Im talking about FOMO alone. I don’t think we’ve even seen the utility use case reveal itself yet. Volume and ledger payments don’t show it. So, I expected $5-10 in 2018. I expect/hope for $50+ in 2019. Why? Because we know the rails have been built into major institutions and smaller ones. We know there are alternate use cases being fostered with Xspring. They need liquidity soon. Large institutions aren’t building onto ripple net to wait for some chance stroke of luck with bozo speculators to get the liquidity required to operate efficiently. 
Well there was basically no usage ( even now). And it doesn't mean because some speculate this means actual usage will every generate the volume that was happening while a lot where speculating.
This could become a very fragmented market.
10 hours ago, Benchmark said:

Dear lord I hope not. What a waste of money and energy.

I know. You're right. We humans are great at waste and destroying our environment. Coal, oil, plastics and garbage in the oceans, deforestation in the Amazon and other parts of the world just to name a few examples. 

Bitcoin won't go away if institutional investment takes a large hold. Digital gold it will be, and in the name of making money, it won't matter how wasteful in energy it is. Eventually, the tech will have to evolve to be better at this issue too. 

Edited by Guest

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.