EOY thread (for moon boys and their sincere apologies)

Alex1

@Alex1

Who are those “ moonboys” and all those” positive posts” ?  

Be a man!  Engage them personally. I want to see names, tags, quotes. 

Attributing certain caracteristics to a group of people..........leads to nothing.  

Edited by Ripple-Stiltskin

Over the past few hours I took some time to reflect on the past year. I don't consider myself a moonboy but I was clearly naive and overly optimistic. I never shilled or tried to convince people I'm right and they're wrong but I usually  see the glass half full and I'm open to the best case scenario.

I can laugh at myself. I think the following was my "greatest" moment of the year and one I think is worthy of looking in the mirror and giving myself a big ol' "you dumb ass!" 

Maybe in Oct or Nov 2017, I think even before 589, I stated on xrpchat that in 2018 xrp could hit around 500-600 usd. You may wonder, how did you ever come to that conclusion? Easy, a complete misunderstanding of what fuels the prices of the retail markets. Plain and simple, I thought if ETH could, so could any asset. And then when BCH went up, holy moly, I was convinced, I'm gonna be a fu**ing millionaire! 

And here we are today. I have nothing to apologize for but I though it good to own up to how much I misunderstood. Not for anyone other than myself. 

You all have a great day. Put 2018 behind you and maybe use the past for perspective. Don't take anything from the strangers in here too personally. 

And for my own posterity, 2019 will be better, I think. 😜

1 hour ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

If you are still on this chat site, you are officially a bag holder. There is no logical path for XRP to become valuable, but I do enjoy reading the pretzel logic.

Examples:

“RL doesen’t control XRP” & “RL owns the lion share of XRP and uses it to stabilize the price”

How about “XRP will destroy the USD, as a world base currency” and “RL is working closely with the SEC for adoption”

Or even “XRP price must stabilize before FIs can use it” and “Once XRP is adopted the price will moon!”

Add your own pretzels if you like. I have bag full of them.

A bag holder is not bad. A bag holder with some experience has a higher ROI than an experienced speculator.  Of course, it counts the buy price. Cheaper is better. I speak from my own experience. With the other written points, I agree.

Edited by mihaisyblu

Invest what you can afford to lose in this asset class. Take advice from no one. Use your own judgement and critical thinking skills and invest for the long-term. 

If the price pumps, be careful about buying. If it drops severely, it may be a good opportunity. Most people won't have the mental strength to deal with this market. Hence the OPs post. 

EOY is finally here. Hundreds of delusional bagholders aggressively promoted their nonsense ("$1 is almost here", "$589 is round the corner", etc.), calling it a "positive attitude". They did it for the whole year, shutting up and shaming everyone who disagrees.
My gut feeling tells me, that 2019 gonna be even worse for all of us - believers and non-believers, but for now I don't want to discuss any price predictions and reasons for the downtrend
What I want to see in this thread is at least one overexcited optimist admitting his mistakes. Is it really so hard to say: "yes, I was wrong"?
Dude there's still some days left. It can still go to 589 eoy /s

I can start. I really and truly believed that xrp will be at least 2 euro by EOY. I did not shout it out here. I have not shamed anyone if they disagree with me. Yes I was wrong... so what [emoji4] 2019 is around the corner and I think it will be a great year for xrp price [emoji4]
I don't think he was referring to you with a few euro prediction. I honestly saw this as a possibility. Nobody knows what the market will do.
It's the 589 that's just ludicrous.

Frock U in de Goat a** (there that's my apology)  Nobody owes you jack dude!  I hate when people feel entitled, I can name a million other wrong guesses for 2018 and 0 apologies because guess what that's why their called guesses, predictions, etc I guess the weather man has to apologize too!!   " I predict the skies will cloud up and $hit bitcoin tomorrow and from my back yard will grow a huge bitcoin stalk and I will climb it to the heavens and waiting at the top will be a huge XRP giant!!"  I will apologize for this tomorrow(Not!!"
Weather forecast does not claim it'll rain 589 liter in a square inch.

13 hours ago, Alex1 said:

EOY is finally here. Hundreds of delusional bagholders aggressively promoted their nonsense ("$1 is almost here", "$589 is round the corner", etc.), calling it a "positive attitude". They did it for the whole year, shutting up and shaming everyone who disagrees.

My gut feeling tells me, that 2019 gonna be even worse for all of us - believers and non-believers, but for now I don't want to discuss any price predictions and reasons for the downtrend

What I want to see in this thread is at least one overexcited optimist admitting his mistakes. Is it really so hard to say: "yes, I was wrong"?

I was wrong. Not because I listened to a bunch of fools on Twitter, but I figured that a Coinbase rumor brought us to $3.80 last year. I figured the price could easily FOMO higher based on one grand slam good news release after another. If this was a NASDAQ stock, we’d be at $5-10 at least. I’ve never seen such a lack of response in price therefore I’m convinced either the price is artificially suppressed or that lack of regulatory clarity truly kept a lid on things.  Im talking about FOMO alone. I don’t think we’ve even seen the utility use case reveal itself yet. Volume and ledger payments don’t show it. So, I expected $5-10 in 2018. I expect/hope for $50+ in 2019. Why? Because we know the rails have been built into major institutions and smaller ones. We know there are alternate use cases being fostered with Xspring. They need liquidity soon. Large institutions aren’t building onto ripple net to wait for some chance stroke of luck with bozo speculators to get the liquidity required to operate efficiently.