Alex1

EOY thread (for moon boys and their sincere apologies)

24 minutes ago, PactaSuntServanda said:

Exactly!

@Alex1 instead of being an entitled piece of s...

That's exactly what I'm talking about. Adherents of "positivity" are unable to keep a polite discussion without insults, without obscene language.

1 hour ago, Julian_Williams said:

Will Alex1 apologise when it goes up to 1 dollar

I would, but I seriously doubt, that I will have a reason to apologize (even $1 kind of reason)

But looks like moon boys won't apologize, despite the fact that a lot of people have bought cryptobags because of all those "positive posts".

Edited by Alex1

51 minutes ago, XRPto50dollars said:

wait... you want an apology from people who made predictions based on gut feelings...

..yet you're predicting.. based on a gut feeling... that the price will drop in 2019?

..sounds legit! :hi:

Yep. I have the same rights as 589 guys

Might not of been right , but I wasn't wrong :D, I don't do pre-****-tions , cause that's what you make of yourself,  but if someone wants to dream hell yea I'm all for that , I'll say one thing for sure @Alex1 I pre-Dickt you'll have a more mature attitude when you get your first grey pubic hair. 

1 hour ago, Nihilist said:

who do you want them to apologize to? To you?

No, not to me. But it's definitely not "ok" to shill some coin for the whole year, involving people, make obviously false predictions, attack any questions and criticism... and after all crawl away quietly, mumbling something like "I don't owe you anything". Of course you "don't owe anything", but at least you can act like grown up.

41 minutes ago, Alex1 said:

That's exactly what I'm talking about. Adherents of "positivity" are unable to keep a polite discussion without insults, without obscene language.

You did not start a polite discussion, you are playing victim and asking for a bj cause dudes on the interwebs have hurt your feelings by being too optimistic.

I'll chip in 5 XRP.

Edited by lucky

3 hours ago, Alex1 said:

EOY is finally here. Hundreds of delusional bagholders aggressively promoted their nonsense ("$1 is almost here", "$589 is round the corner", etc.), calling it a "positive attitude". They did it for the whole year, shutting up and shaming everyone who disagrees.

My gut feeling tells me, that 2019 gonna be even worse for all of us - believers and non-believers, but for now I don't want to discuss any price predictions and reasons for the downtrend

What I want to see in this thread is at least one overexcited optimist admitting his mistakes. Is it really so hard to say: "yes, I was wrong"?

1. Prediction is a word that includes a dose of uncertainty. He must be regarded as such. I quote: "A rational operation to anticipate an event or phenomenon; oracle, prophecy"

Anyone can make a prediction. So, who knows the true meaning of the word prediction, should not have too much expectation from these predictions. Those who make predictions should not apologize. Anyone who thought the XRP could reach 100 or 500 usd was completely broken by reality. Who thought XRP could reach 1 usd was more realistic, but still wrong. Among those who thought XRP could reach 1 usd and those who thought XRP could reach 500 usd is a big difference. However, I think those who made EOY 500 usd predictions have learned their lesson and will be more cautious in the future.

2. In terms of prices, 2019 can not be any worse than 2018. Year 2019 will be the year when the feeling on Crypto Market will improve. Trust will replace the current pessimism on Crypto Market. At the end of 2019, the XRP price will be higher than the current one. EOY 2019 will not be lower than EOY 2018.

Edited by mihaisyblu

I am much more annoyed by people who come on to threads attacking XRP as being a "con", "ponzi scheme" or a "Sh**coin" because their investment has not mooned as fast as they, or the moonies guessed it would.  This behaviour of abusing your investment because it has not made you rich riles me much more than the moon-guys that are a bit unrealistic and overenthusiastic about their investment.   (I am not including Alex1 in this category.  He/She has not attacked only the moonies and not XRP)

While it's counter productive and pointless to ask for an apology, I see the OP's point about the bee-hive mentality against anything that threatens the ideation of less than 100% probabilities of hysteric prices.  I think it is a good thing though for those to take the opportunity to humble themselves, continue to re-evaluate their investment plans, and mature from this process.  I am long on crypto and there will be another wave of investors when the next bull run eventually comes with ultra high expectations, but people also need to understand there is a realistic chance it wont come in 2019.  Keep buying in small increments, and have some money aside for a fat stack purchase if prices continue to crash.

Edited by ManBearPig

One good thing about EOY is that probably some of the delusional 589ers would be gone. I see that the new date is now end of Feb, but hopefully with each next date pushed back we get rid of more and more scammers.

Edited by iLeeT

If you are still on this chat site, you are officially a bag holder. There is no logical path for XRP to become valuable, but I do enjoy reading the pretzel logic.

Examples:

“RL doesen’t control XRP” & “RL owns the lion share of XRP and uses it to stabilize the price”

How about “XRP will destroy the USD, as a world base currency” and “RL is working closely with the SEC for adoption”

Or even “XRP price must stabilize before FIs can use it” and “Once XRP is adopted the price will moon!”

Add your own pretzels if you like. I have bag full of them.