Alex1

EOY thread (for moon boys and their sincere apologies)

1 hour ago, Alex1 said:

EOY is finally here. Hundreds of delusional bagholders aggressively promoted their nonsense ("$1 is almost here", "$589 is round the corner", etc.), calling it a "positive attitude". They did it for the whole year, shutting up and shaming everyone who disagrees.

My gut feeling tells me, that 2019 gonna be even worse for all of us - believers and non-believers, but for now I don't want to discuss any price predictions and reasons for the downtrend

What I want to see in this thread is at least one overexcited optimist admitting his mistakes. Is it really so hard to say: "yes, I was wrong"?

wait... you want an apology from people who made predictions based on gut feelings...

..yet you're predicting.. based on a gut feeling... that the price will drop in 2019?

..sounds legit! :hi:

Edited by XRPto50dollars

We overshot the runway?

Perhaps it was irrational ebullience. Expectations of massive price appreciation took flight at the beginning of this year like a Hwasong-12 IRBM, only to crash and burn, having missed the intended target by many miles. Alas, the best laid plans o’ mice an’ men gang aft a-gley. Who could have foreseen crypto-winter?

Yes, we were off the mark a wee bit (an enormous understatement). In February ripplewaytogo started a price prediction poll:

Here are the quarterly price averages from that predication:

image.png.bc895fb0e8f31b0cd4651109c5149e2f.png

Most of us would have been happy with the square root of these numbers today.

So, where do we go from here? Let not your heart be troubled. We are about to cross “The Chasm”:

image.png.acf01a68efa8c232f4738b2e414d6f5b.png

Geoffrey A. Moore, Crossing the Chasm, Marketing and Selling High-Tech Products to Mainstream Customer (revised edition), HarperCollins Publishers, New York, 1999 pp 67-71

I looked at 2018 as a year where the tracks were laid but the locomotive didn’t leave the roundhouse. For me it was an opportunity to dollar cost average and continue to buy in at lower-than-expected prices. I continue to do so.

I’m not a $589 guy, but I refuse to apologize for my expectations for Ripple and XRP in 2019 and beyond.

29 minutes ago, Nihilist said:

I'm not defending moonboys, but I don't understand who do you want them to apologize to? To you? Were you misled by some random guy on the xrp chat and bought your xrp?

If you think that 2019 will be even worse that 2018, maybe you should sell now before the price goes down.

Exactly!

@Alex1 instead of being an entitled piece of s..., put your money where your mouth is and sell your stack. The prices are going to fall even further during the coming year, right?

Ok I admit it all the I was the ripple riddler, kichiro, bg123, crypto bear. I just wanted to hype everyone up so I could cash out a billionaire!! But alas I will come out with a new riddle to blow your mind!!

*sarcasm is a great tool*

3 minutes ago, Kpuff said:

Ok I admit it all the I was the ripple riddler, kichiro, bg123, crypto bear. I just wanted to hype everyone up so I could cash out a billionaire!! But alas I will come out with a new riddle to blow your mind!!

*sarcasm is a great tool*

I have to come clean as well.

I am Brad Garlinghouse and I will tweet tomorrow that we will have 2 banks live on xrapid by the end of this year