Awesome @Hodor many thanks for this year :good: ,thanks for shinning a light  when sometimes things looked grim, fast forward 1 yr today , the mind boggles where this could be. :)

Just gave it a second read (tired mind) the developments that are happening globally and the pace in which business is adopting this inevitable platform is awesome, The big players must be looking at there road map and questioning their late arrival to the game :D once again thanks @Hodor all the best 2019

Edited by Truckdriver

28 minutes ago, Hodor said:

Blog URL:  https://xrpcommunity.blog/a-tale-of-two-economies/

In today's blog I describe how the crypto market exists in parallel with traditional markets, and then cover all the news affecting XRP!

𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥 𝐂𝐫𝐲𝐩𝐭𝐨 𝐍𝐞𝐰𝐬: The UK receives tax guidance for crypto-assets.

𝐑𝐢𝐩𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐍𝐞𝐰𝐬:  Cebuana Lhuillier signs on as a RippleNet member; The National Bank of Kuwait releases a new remittance app called NBK Direct Remit; Hot Chips releases a tutorial about the XRP Ledger; A computer science major from Stony Brook University creates an app that rewards people in XRP for exercising; and Ripple Drop Episode 8 is released;

𝐗𝐑𝐏 𝐍𝐞𝐰𝐬: CZ announces XRP's elevated status as a base currency on Binance; A decentralized exchange, CryptoBridge, adds XRP trading support; Neteller, a UK-based money transmitter and crypto dealer, adds XRP support; BTCEXA, an Australian crypto exchange, adds XRP support; EO.Finance, an Estonian-based crypto exchange that allows deposit via credit card, adds XRP support; and Voyager, an exchange set to open in January of 2019, has stated it will support XRP out-of-the-gate.  

I hope you enjoy the read: Please feel free to share my blog with a friend or share it on any other platform - and thanks for doing so!  :thank_you2:

My blog announcement links on other platforms:

I was watching all this news coming in on Christmas Eve, and Christmas day and Boxing day and thinking poor Hodor, he is going to be on his word processor trying to keep up.  I thought it would be shutdown, but the roll out of Ripplenet really is 24/7.

Another fascinating part for me was the question-and-answer session at the end of the video, because some attendees were not crypto-aware prior to her presentation, and you could sense that their curiosity had been piqued.   A few of the comments were evidence that there is much work to be done in educating the public about why and how decentralized digital assets are such a profound innovation.

People are much to disappointed when their enthusiasm falls on deaf ears.  They cannot understand why people don't "get it" and we too easily pass people off as foolish or too timid.  Actually they are behaving normally and you too will have gone through the same three stages of adoption to get where you got.

I have this theory I call The Knock Three Time Rule.  Very few people appreciate the staged way people adopt new ideas.  It is incredibly rare that anyone has a spontaneous Damascian conversion, an epiphany almost always happens in stages. 

The first stage: Introduction of new words/faces/logos into your mental landscape.  This is stage at which you learn names, new words for new concepts  

The second stage: Familiarity and Consolidation.  This stage is recognising words/logos/faces and names you are familiar with, it is accompanied by a new openness and friendliness to the new idea.  A willingness to join the dots, consolidate the words into chunked ideas and concepts

The Third Stage: Taking Ownership.  This is the point at which you take ownership of an idea and make it your own.  Taking ownership is about adopting something outside to your inside.  It becomes yours, you start talking about the ideas you have chunked and made into mental concepts.  You begin referencing and using the idea as part of you.

Imagine you are a fund-raiser wanting money from a rich person you don't know.  This how the three knocks works  You have to take them through all three phases and not rush it. At the first meeting you have to tell them your name, introduce them to the names of your charity/purpose.  Get your face and some words into their mind/mental landscape.

On the second meeting you already in their mental landscape.  They see you as a familiar face and their barriers are beginning to come down, your consolidate your progress by reintroducing them to the words they may have half forgotten.  You help them chunk and consolidate the information at a higher level

The third meeting they see a friendly face and feel they know all about you.  They are well disposed towards you because you are both part of the same knowledge club and share the same mental mental landscape, you bond because both feel have something in common.  This is really the first moment that you can sensibly expect co-operation/adoption of your ideas.

XRP is not even in ordinary people's mental landscape.  When you mention Ripple XRP at a dinner party people look back at you blankly.  This is not the right time to try and convert them.  If you want to convert people to XRP you have to get them familiar with hearing some key words and associating those words with your mental landscape - you become the Gal or Guy who uses words like XRP, Bridging Currency, Bankers Coin, Ripplenet, The ILP.  They will not be ready to transition to understanding the concept behind investing in XRP at this stage.  Just becoming familiar with the connection of the new words with you is enough. 

After they have got the words they will begin to join your mental club, they will begin to ask you about how it all fits together.  This is consolidation of the words with concepts they feel they can grasp, chunk and carry around in their own mental landscapes.

After they have firstly got the new words and secondly consolidated the meaning of those words in their own mental landscape are ready to become part of your "belief club" and as anyone who has read H0M0 Deus knows sharing beliefs is what makes humans co-operate en mass.  It is the most powerful force behind humanity.

XRP is an extremely easy sell.  It has everything and it is going to take off big time, but I have gone on long enough because introducing you to my words "the three knocks rule", introducing those words was everything I wanted to achieve in this comment.

Edited by Julian_Williams

1 hour ago, Julian_Williams said:

all this news coming

I think the progress actually accelerated over the Holidays! 

My guess is that a lot of the exchanges had an internal development deadline to 'add XRP support by end of 2018' or something like that.  I've only seen this many exchanges all at once maybe one other time.  :D  It's a great problem to have, though! 

58 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

an epiphany almost always happens in stages. 

I think you're right, now that you say it like that.  I remember printing out the Satoshi whitepaper and reading it several times before really accepting that decentralized money was possible. 

59 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

When you mention Ripple XRP at a dinner party people look back at you blankly. 

Or worse; sometimes there's some other person who *thinks* they know a lot, and they truly don't.  This is the real danger with 'getting the word out' about crypto - there are a lot of outlets that understand people want information, and they are all too ready to promote their own agenda (POW tech, etc...) 

2 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

The UK receives tax guidance for crypto-assets.

And here in canada our government is more concerned about calling migrants irregular over illegal, and  peoplekind over mankind 🤔

In many people's minds Bitcoin and crypto currency has gathered a lot of bad connections with money laundering and scamming.  Much better to talk of the ILP, The Bankers Coin and Digital Assets, at least you start with a clean state. 

I know you are very fond of your lightbulb moments.  If you look at them they are always contextualised with existing belief systems. Linking and locking bits of the jigsaw together.  

With XRP people have very little context.  There are no jigsaw pieces to link together  In fact digital currencies conflict with belief systems they have already adopted and found to work for them for decades.  Analogue money and digital money are conflicting ideas.  Asking people  to accept digital money is asking them to convert their beliefs, or at the very least accept believing in more than one thing (something we are very good at doing).

In all of this time is very important.  Particularly sleeping time, because sleep is part of the process of integrating new ideas with old one.

Edited by Julian_Williams

Thanks for another awesome blog @Hodor  :hi:

Wrt the vid by Yana Novikova, as you mentioned "I'd classify this video as a resource to share with others that may be interested in cryptocurrency", maybe an idea to incorporate the link in your blog that targets people who are new to crypto and/or XRP?

Anyway, thanks again and have a fabulous 2019! 

14 minutes ago, Rey said:

Thanks for another awesome blog @Hodor  :hi:

Wrt the vid by Yana Novikova, as you mentioned "I'd classify this video as a resource to share with others that may be interested in cryptocurrency", maybe an idea to incorporate the link in your blog that targets people who are new to crypto and/or XRP?

Anyway, thanks again and have a fabulous 2019! 

Thank you for reading this latest one & I'm happy you enjoyed the content, @Rey

In terms of the link; the video should be embedded; i.e., the user has the option of 'watching on YouTube'  and accessing whatever link is necessary for sharing.  However, as you said, sometimes a link is also helpful:  I updated the blog to include the link in text format. 

Sometimes people read on their mobile devices (I'm not a big mobile device user when it comes to reading), so it may help them share easily in a text program. 

Wonderful blog, the exchange news has been incredible! What's great about Voyager was their forwardness about adhering to strict KYC and broker dealer laws.  This would allow them to be a trusted XRapid partner like Bittrex, correct?   I only use Bittrex, can anyone comment on whether Binance is currently compliant with laws and guidelines that would allow them to be an XRapid partner?  If so, that would be huge.