2019 is gonna be epic

2 hours ago, Archbob said:

I feel like at $100, there isn't enough spare money in the economy to realistically sustain that kind of price. If you completely take over the FOREX market, then maybe. But retail cross-border payments and corporate cross-border payments are only about $85 billion a day. not $5 Trillion.

There are a ton of different markets that can potentially make a lot of money through adoption and implementation of xrp.

Here a recent thread that went through the numbers:

https://www.xrpchat.com/topic/29431-research-on-market-size-that-ripple-and-r3-seems-to-be-related its-a-huge-market/?tab=comments#comment-640037

3 hours ago, manateehunter said:

I agree with this, historically it takes a few years after a bear market like we had before a bigger push can happen. After this year I would think it's rational for 2-3 years of mostly sideways trading as long as Ripple team doesn't drop the ball.

The introduction of cryptocurrency into real trillion dollar use-cases of our economy, solving real trillion dollar problems and creating new trillion dollar opportunities is not going to wait for bearmarket traditions. The technology is ready, we are now in a situation comparable with the introduction of telephony in a world where all the copper wires have already been rolled out to all homes.

Agreed.  All metrics of previous bull/bear markets are off the table for me moving forward (up, down, and sideways).  A whole new class of investors is already here, and more on their way, not idealists but greed mongers, and they are NOT patient.  How the "bull" run plays out I don't know, but languishing in cow patties is not their treat nor intention.  Hopefully 2019 yields far better results than this recovery we've been through.  If it doesn't I would be seriously questioning what the heck is happening.  And who knows I may be doing just that, but it sure doesn't seem like it to me (all crazy predictions aside, I'm also more of a realist, not one for out of sight predictions). Here's to a great New Year for all of us.  We've been beaten down hard after Dec 2017.  I'll chalk it up to good experience in this market. 

3 hours ago, Freaky said:

Yeah 2019 will be epic.

Unbearable guy has revised his figure from $589 to $2396. lol

Not sure what that’s all about. I’m sure bearableguy is just a joker, but:

W = 23rd letter of the alphabet.

I = 9th letter

F = 6th letter

So what he’s really saying is:

$2396+ = $WIF+

I don’t think he’s referring to a specific price.

7 hours ago, Archbob said:

I feel like at $100, there isn't enough spare money in the economy to realistically sustain that kind of price. If you completely take over the FOREX market, then maybe. But retail cross-border payments and corporate cross-border payments are only about $85 billion a day. not $5 Trillion.

when BTC was at $20,000 it had a market cap of $348,937,500,000

Not that MC matters, but the point here is that bitcoin has pretty much NO purpose, and any purpose it has can easily be replaced by XRP or other coins. Since 2010 what can you REALLY do with bitcoin besides buy other coins? It's pointless... yet it was somehow perceived to be worth 348 BILLION dollars.

if BTC can constantly fork, creating more and more confusing and separate versions of the blockchain AND be worth 348 BILLION dollars.. imagine XRP, which has countless real world use cases. What price would you put on that? It would have to be worth more than $348B. I could easily see it being worth $4 trillion at $100 simply because it has real world use.

That was during a FOMO though and as was seen, it was not sustainable. $4 trillion or if you use Yahoo's method of calculating, $10 trillion, is half or more of the USA GDP. You don't actually need nearly that much to transfer money, given xrapid's speed.

13 hours ago, XRPto50dollars said:

when BTC was at $20,000 it had a market cap of $348,937,500,000

Not that MC matters, but the point here is that bitcoin has pretty much NO purpose, and any purpose it has can easily be replaced by XRP or other coins. Since 2010 what can you REALLY do with bitcoin besides buy other coins? It's pointless... yet it was somehow perceived to be worth 348 BILLION dollars.

if BTC can constantly fork, creating more and more confusing and separate versions of the blockchain AND be worth 348 BILLION dollars.. imagine XRP, which has countless real world use cases. What price would you put on that? It would have to be worth more than $348B. I could easily see it being worth $4 trillion at $100 simply because it has real world use.

Right...but not next year....maybe in like 20 years or something.

We’re on the cusp of the digitization of all of finance and people are worried about market cap.

For all intents and purposes, XRP is useless right now and it’s worth $0.34. Imagine when trillions of daily volume are cycling through the 5% of coins made available by market makers. When it becomes hugely cost-saving for major international corporates to hold a quarter of their liquid assets in XRP. Imagine when stock markets are built around tokenized debt settled in the most liquid asset available (guess which one?). Imagine when all forex markets and RTGS systems of nation-states are fully automated with XRP flows. 

Or don’t! Up to you.

58 minutes ago, ADingoAteMyXRP said:

We’re on the cusp of the digitization of all of finance and people are worried about market cap.

For all intents and purposes, XRP is useless right now and it’s worth $0.34. Imagine when trillions of daily volume are cycling through the 5% of coins made available by market makers. When it becomes hugely cost-saving for major international corporates to hold a quarter of their liquid assets in XRP. Imagine when stock markets are built around tokenized debt settled in the most liquid asset available (guess which one?). Imagine when all forex markets and RTGS systems of nation-states are fully automated with XRP flows. 

Or don’t! Up to you.

I basically agree - the uses of XRP are not just about replacing SWIFT.   XRP has potential to opening up  numerous new markets through COIL, XPring, Micropaymetns and Smart Contracts, commodity trading.  As the price goes up the speculators will arrive and the supply will dry up because XRP will become an investment that has the potential to go on doubling every few months or years.

Look how the XRP community already dominates all the crytpo forums with enthusiasts.  This is because XRP is "the Bankers Coin" with a strategy and vision that everyone (including institutional investors) understand and can buy into.  If the bankers are using it then it must be safe to use as a part of your pension pot.  The potential for the media to hype XRP is much bigger than it ever was for Bitcoin   

4 hours ago, Archbob said:

That was during a FOMO though and as was seen, it was not sustainable. $4 trillion or if you use Yahoo's method of calculating, $10 trillion, is half or more of the USA GDP. You don't actually need nearly that much to transfer money, given xrapid's speed.

last September when XRP was .19, people were saying it was absolutely impossible for XRP to go over $1

this will happen endlessly.. people will say $10 is impossible, then when we hit $10, $50 will be impossible... its human nature. 

Edited by XRPto50dollars

You actually have to look at how much money it represents because you can't ignore economic constraints when you talk about prices. At $1, sure $100 billion(or $40 billion) isn't going to effect the overall economy or have any economic constraints. When you get into the Tens of Trillions, its just that there isn't really that much money to support the price once people want to cash out(and yes, we've seen they want to cash out at much lower prices).