leadballs

2019 is gonna be epic

6 hours ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

Still:  XRP at 0,006 two years ago, now at 0,37 >  60 times higher in 2 years.( peaked at roughly 500 times price of 2 yrs ago). 

So what your saying is that 60 times is sustainable, but in the near future there will be too much selling pressure to sustain much higher prices. 

Could be, but there’s no way of knowing or fact based argument to support this statement. Price is a balance between supply and demand at any given time:  if (more) people expect XRP to be $200 in the near future ( for whatever reason), the buying pressure at $50 or $100 will be higher than the selling pressure. Price will rise.

Dead right, and if it went up to 50 in the space of 2 -3 years a lot of people would want a piece of the pie, so it is quite likely that the buyers would be there to buy the stock off a seller exiting their position.

Furthermore if you owned 50K XRP and the price hit 50 you would probably only need to sell 2 k for living and lock the other 48 K up for another 2 -3 years in the expectation that it would rise to 100k. 

Edited by Julian_Williams

7 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

I find going to zero impossible to imagine:  Ripple/XRP have already infected (and reinvented) such a broad spectrum of the banking/fintech industries. Their ILP/Xcurrent/DA now has momentum.  There is nothing else with XRP's speed and scalability that has been tested, and they have worked with the regulators.  They also have the most user friendly smart contract software and this ecosystem of support from outside the fintech/banking industry.  I just do not see anything that has the ability to threaten them growing their dominance.

It could still go to zero. Xrp is illusory. For example an EMP pulse like the Carrington event but on a larger scale, malicious AI, quantum computing could see that happening. If xrp moons I sell 90 percent and buy property, then i use the rent to buy more on the following inevitable dip. Lol.

Also aliens.

1 hour ago, Julian_Williams said:

Dead right, and if it went up to 50 in the space of 2 -3 years a lot of people would want a piece of the pie, so it is quite likely that the buyers would be there to buy the stock off a seller exiting their position.

Furthermore if you owned 50K XRP and the price hit 50 you would probably only need to sell 2 k for living and lock the other 48 K up for another 2 -3 years in the expectation that it would rise to 100k. 

No, I really wouldn't, I would sell at least half on the expectation that its going down to $5. There is only so much money in the economy. When you want any economy to absorb Trillions or tens of Trillions in sell orders, prices tend to start going down.

10 hours ago, Archbob said:

No, I really wouldn't, I would sell at least half on the expectation that its going down to $5. There is only so much money in the economy. When you want any economy to absorb Trillions or tens of Trillions in sell orders, prices tend to start going down.

I agree with one of your points that XRP isn't going straight to 50 dollars. There will be cycles of increase and correction.

And I get what you are saying about the difference between BTC going  from 1 dollar to 20k and XRP going from 1 dollar to 100. The scales are different. Let's say BTC goes from 4k to 400k. At some point we start encountering real world obstacles, as you say. Things like, there isn't that much money in the bank or there isn't that much money in the country for people to cash out or people don't have enough money to keep buying. 

Having said that, people's concept of wealth is kinda myopic. Look at the estimated wealth of the American tycoons back in the day. These men were unbelieveably wealthy and had power and influence inconceivable to us now. I will concede that these days governments are far more proactive in policing society and are far more able to do it than they were in the past, but still our ideas of the limit of wealth or how big a business can really be are historically framed. 

IMO it is more likely that XRP can reach astronomical levels than BTC, because XRP has an organization chaperoning it, with all the infrastructure, legal cover, and stability that comes with institutional power.

12 hours ago, Archbob said:

Tens of trillions in sell orders?  What kind of unrealistic doom scenario is this? Why isn’t everybody selling Gold atm, with it’s Market Cap at 8 trillion? 

Your premises seems to be that there is a freeze of current XRP holders and that they will all sell at $ 50, leaving the whole economy without any fiat left. 

It will take time, that’s for sure, but on the way up there the current holders leave at all prices between $ 0,35 and all the way up to $ 50. And guess what: for every price they will find a buyer. So at $ 50 the population of investors is another one than right at this moment.  Many will have bought at $ 48,50, hoping to make a ride to $ 75. 

Now the real question is:  will there be enough demand all the way up to “ insert any price level here” ? 

Noone knows.  A combination of substantial real usage + good old fashioned fomo could do the trick. 

40 minutes ago, lucky said:

There are two simple reasons why XRP has not taken off in 2018:

1. the SEC has not provided clarity about the legal status of XRP

2. No bank has come forward and said they will use XRP

When both get a checkmark, everything changes and all bets are off.

I would add a third and more influential reason:

3. The people who move the market are in the accumulation phase, lead by BTC/USD. I personally think we will see a spike in prices, BTC somewhere around 8-10k before we see one last bottom. Or we have already seen the bottom. In either case, there is a certain point where the people who move the market decide to send it rolling again. The movements we see on the chart are still 90+% speculation. I have no doubt that there is OTC accumulation happening in all the big coins, especially the top 3, but it's not showing up in the markets yet. Once the players kickstart the next bull market, then we will see more public announcements of banks planning to use xrp. 

2019 will need to see strong catalyst for new money/capital to re-enter the market. Some suspect its STO, while some thinks may be game for NFTs.

Only time will tell, 2019!