KingSolomon

Real Talk- Binance XRP "base pair" listing

Before we all get too excited, i think we should take a step back and re-evaluate the motives behind the recent binance Xrp listing.

No "true" XRP base currency was listed, as TRX also has ETH and BTC as base pairs. So CZ took no risk whatsoever here. CZ has at times revealed his disdain at XRP and TRX communities being strong shilling forces, and being mainly filled with lamb and moon kids devoid of any fundamental understanding. And, in my opinion, it's no coincidence he listed them together. "CZ is a slick businessman and probably thought that XRP fans are similar to Tron fans and are compatible customer segments for each other's coins. (GG)" 

Maybe he had a stack of Trx and/or XZC coin he wanted to offload as well. 

The listing yesterday wasn't a handout, nor a gift to the XRP community. 

Discuss. 

Edited by KingSolomon

7 minutes ago, iLeeT said:

They'll list other coins being paired with XRP as well - TRX and XZC were first because of their donations, I think that was pretty clearly explained.

Link me to that explanation please. I thought he was referring to something else when he was mentioning donations. 

5 minutes ago, Paulo said:

I certainly took advantage of the TRX/XRP pairing and scooped up some cheap TRX! I think both coins will be successful. 

But what's interesting to me is that CZ presented it as "gift". And I think that's hardly the case. This is what i'm interested in. This isn't a tin-foil hat discussion, rather an attempt at an objective look for his reasons for doing this. 

6 minutes ago, KingSolomon said:

But what's interesting to me is that CZ presented it as "gift". And I think that's hardly the case. This is what i'm interested in. This isn't a tin-foil hat discussion, rather an attempt at an objective look for his reasons for doing this. 

He’s running a business. His objective reasons are to make money. It’s a long term strategy to link his business to XRP because he sees XRP as the longterm play. Merry Christmas!

22 minutes ago, ADingoAteMyXRP said:

He’s running a business. His objective reasons are to make money. It’s a long term strategy to link his business to XRP because he sees XRP as the longterm play. Merry Christmas!

I would second this. A good analogy is to think of Binance as Walmart, if Coca-Cola is popular it's great for business, people will come to their store to buy it and they take a cut/margin. If Coca-Cola goes bankrupt they will sell something else. You seem a little grumpy, cheer up it's Christmas.

Also, as is common on exchanges, they may list pairings to other coins as and when necessary, just like ETH isn't paired to everything, there just wouldn't be anywhere near enough liquidity.

While it may be great for price, in the long run these pairings don't really mean that much in the grand scale (if XRP achieves it's use case), banks aren't going to source liquidity via xRapid/multi-hop through 6 different sh*tcoins, regulations and fiat channels will do that - so just enjoy the small pump in price.

I'm really not grumpy at all :) . 

I just think the XRP community gets excited very easily about things without taking off the rose-coloured glasses. I've been guilty of that in the past as well. 

Since the initial hype has died down, i thought it appropriate to address this, and look between the lines a bit. 

Trx and Z-coin is Chinese. XRP paired to both on other exchange as well yesterday. 

Also as a reminder, that this is no gift to anyone but Binance. The coca-cola analogy doesn't work here bc CZ has no risk listing XRP with TRX and Z-coin, no customers to disappoint. But obviously potential profits for himself. 

I get your angle, but to me what it comes down to is simply:  if he didn't want to add to XRP's value, he wouldn't go handing it base-pair listings on the worlds biggest exchange.  Looks to me that for whatever reason (well, common sense perhaps...), he's coming around.  (Or maybe "Santa" gave him some XRP for Christmas.)

2 minutes ago, Professor Hantzen said:

I get your angle, but to me what it comes down to is simply:  if he didn't want to add to XRP's value, he wouldn't go handing it base-pair listings on the worlds biggest exchange.  Looks to me that for whatever reason (well, common sense perhaps...), he's coming around.  (Or maybe "Santa" gave him some XRP for Christmas.)

Right. I just think there is more to the later part that you reference. Perhaps he received donations from XRP and Trx "Santas", so he just said- **** it, both your communities have been shilling so hard, there, i will just list you together, thanks for the contributions, and media exposure. Perhaps he had his own angles with the two Chinese coins. Or, maybe Ripple Santa wanted to start making in roads into China, and CZ wasn't willing to risk EOS exposure, and they agreed on Trx to test the waters out. 

I think the bigger deal is that XRP being listed as even a base pair on a limited basis is a recognition of XRP's role in the crypto/DA ecosystem.  With ETH also being grouped into other Alt base pairs it shows that ETH's spot as 2nd in the DA pecking order is no longer.  To me it's more of a status item than anything else. 

19 minutes ago, herbdizzle said:

I think the bigger deal is that XRP being listed as even a base pair on a limited basis is a recognition of XRP's role in the crypto/DA ecosystem.  With ETH also being grouped into other Alt base pairs it shows that ETH's spot as 2nd in the DA pecking order is no longer.  To me it's more of a status item than anything else. 

That's one perspective, yes. I'm not denying this. 

I was hoping someone more well versed in Trx-Xrp linkage and underwater exchange affairs could also chime in. 

We are all aware of massive price manipulation by nearly all exchanges, listing, and in some cases not-listing of crypto currencies, whichever is more beneficial for the exchange owners' personal interests.

4 hours ago, KingSolomon said:

XRP and TRX communities being strong shilling forces, and being mainly filled with lamb and moon kids devoid of any fundamental understanding. 

Would you disagree with this point, I surely wouldn't. Its especially true with the XRP community on youtube. Anyone I explain why XRP isn't going to reach $1000, its always "You don't understand we are dealing with a new asset and therefore all economic constraints, logic, and common sense must be thrown out the window". Our community is too filled with kids like that

People like that are most vulnerable to P&D tricks.

TRX community does that too but to a much lesser degree. No cartoon bears or riddlers there.

Edited by Archbob

8 minutes ago, Archbob said:

Would you disagree with this point, I surely wouldn't. Its especially true with the XRP community on youtube. Anyone I explain why XRP isn't going to reach $1000, its always "You don't understand we are dealing with a new asset and therefore all economic constraints, logic, and common sense must be thrown out the window". Our community is too filled with kids like that

People like that are most vulnerable to P&D tricks.

TRX community does that too but to a much lesser degree. No cartoon bears or riddlers there.

Of course not. XRP is associated with fucken riddlers and prophets, and mostly noobs looking for "inside scoop".  I am just looking to have an open, non-tinfoil hat discussion, and promote similar discussions in the future, that reinforce investors to do their own thinking and analyze others' actions and read between the lines. 

Edited by KingSolomon

1 hour ago, KingSolomon said:

That's one perspective, yes. I'm not denying this. 

I was hoping someone more well versed in Trx-Xrp linkage and underwater exchange affairs could also chime in. 

We are all aware of massive price manipulation by nearly all exchanges, listing, and in some cases not-listing of crypto currencies, whichever is more beneficial for the exchange owners' personal interests.

You're trying to insinuate that there is some nefarious back-room deal between the TRX & XRP entities and communities.  I'm saying sometimes the easiest explanation is the right one.  There's not always a boogeyman or cheat code.