xrpmommy

The Asian banker" live" with Marcus Treacher

When asked about xRapid volume... 

We don’t release the full figure but it’s growing very, very quickly. We are signing up a new bank or payment certainly once a week, maybe more frequently, so we are building very, very quickly. Again, the key point is we are building on a global level and we don’t have a concentration in one region. We are picking up very good customers – yeah that is very important. Following this growth very quickly, again, we don’t release those figures, but it’s growing very, very quickly both in terms of the absolute counts or transactions and the dollar value that we are moving. We look at both, although for us, the real impact because our target is that high-volume flow, whether its retail payments or SME or promotional payments which we feel will be the bedrock of the 21st-century economy. So, we really focused on the volume of payments we’re creating which is building very nicely.

Fair answer thought I'm guessing it's probably, whatever I hope minus 75 percent. 😜

1 minute ago, Rey said:

Thanks for sharing @xrpmommy You often post links to very interesting articles and valuable information.

I'm grateful and glad that you're on XRPchat. Happy Holidays and a healthy and prosperous 2019 to you!

Ooo so kind , thank you,happy holidays for you to .

3 hours ago, LordVetinari said:

We don’t release the full figure but it’s growing very, very quickly.

So Ripple's Marcus Treacher said that RippleNet is growing "very, very quickly" back in Sibos 2018 that was held during October 22-25th. When can we see the actual volume by xRapid transactions then? If RippleNet is really growing "very, very quickly" then it should not take too long that we are able to distinguish the xRapid volume from the rest of the volume?

Brad Garlinghouse said back in June 2018 that xRapid goes to production "very very shortly" [1]. In reality it took about 4 months because xRapid was officially launched during Swell 2018 that was held at early October.

Time is relative. Ripple seems to think that 4 months is very very short time span but for XRP holder it seems to be almost life sentence. I guess (and hope) that we will see the first heartbeats of xRapid transactions during Q1/2019.

[1] https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/05/cnbc-interview-with-brad-garlinghouse-ripple-ceo.html

Edited by hallwaymonitor
Looks like Marcus Treacher was referring to RippleNet and not xRapid when he said: "growing very, very quickly".

@hallwaymonitor I though this was interesting. It took SWIFT 4 years.

In 1973, 239 banks from 15 countries got together to solve a common problem: how to communicate about cross-border payments. The banks formed a cooperative utility, the Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication, headquartered in Belgium. SWIFT went live with its messaging services in 1977, replacing the Telex technology that was then in widespread use, and rapidly became the reliable, trusted global partner for institutions all around the world.

Wow the future is bright  , just watched it again,  as @panmores said a lot of ( very's ) all of which made me very very happy :D ,this team (ripple ) gives me solace in our investment,  so to you @xrpmommy many thanks for another cool video (do you have a link where they all are ? ) and also have a very very very merry xmas to you and your family and best wishes for the festive season , your one cool XRP mom :good:

8 hours ago, hallwaymonitor said:

So Ripple's Marcus Treacher said that RippleNet is growing "very, very quickly" back in Sibos 2018 that was held during October 22-25th. When can we see the actual volume by xRapid transactions then? If RippleNet is really growing "very, very quickly" then it should not take too long that we are able to distinguish the xRapid volume from the rest of the volume?

Brad Garlinghouse said back in June 2018 that xRapid goes to production "very very shortly" [1]. In reality it took about 4 months because xRapid was officially launched during Swell 2018 that was held at early October.

Time is relative. Ripple seems to think that 4 months is very very short time span but for XRP holder it seems to be almost life sentence. I guess (and hope) that we will see the first heartbeats of xRapid transactions during Q1/2019.

[1] https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/05/cnbc-interview-with-brad-garlinghouse-ripple-ceo.html

Hey likeminded XRPer! Hope you enjoy time of Christmas even more, after reading that article, I really do! Though my turkey does not for obvious reasons ;)

I suspect that you will not see transactions due to privacy that xRapid clients will want! :(

It’s a big world and I like to think in terms of transport. So, a hundred years ago, there were no aircraft, there were no commercial airlines. There were trains. Today, most people that are in the SIBOS conference have flown to Australia, but you still have trains. They are still used. I think with the SWIFT and Ripple model, there may still be a role to play for the older hub structure messaging model such as SWIFT, however, we feel that for the bulk of payments, the real commercial flows and the resale flows, that will move to a much more open interconnection model which Ripple has created. So, certainly, we will dominate that central space. Whether that leads to a complete move into Ripple or not, we don’t really mind. It is a big enough world. 

Treacher's response when asked if Ripple saw themselves as an alternative to SWIFT was just the present I had been hoping for this Christmas.  Thanks, Santa!

12 hours ago, lucky said:

Nice to see him so upbeat. He says the growth of the network goes really fast, and that Ripple is not releasing information about how fast (obviously for strategic reasons). This interview makes me think they are much further already than we know. It is a good strategy to have your competitors underestimate you.

“All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are faraway; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.”  (Sun Tzu - The Art of War)

Completely agree with you here. The +150-200 partnerships that the folks at Ripple keep touting is more like the tip of the iceberg. At times I wish that I could be a fly on the wall in a few of those partnership/business development meetings. I want to take a deep-dive and peek at what's brewing and building below the surface. Indeed, this is war. Many platforms openly talk about the need to build the community and technology together in a collaborative effort with arm-in-arm locked in solidarity singing Kum Bah Ya my Lord.  Don't think for one second that they all aren't secretly plotting how to maximize their leverage over their respective areas of expertise.