kenrino

Full Presentation with Yana Novikova of Ripple Introduction to XRP and XRP Ledger

Amazing presentation!!!

She drops the ball on the tough questions initially, but picked up very well later.

Good to see they are still pushing the issuing of other assets on the ledger.

Edited by lucky

so interesting note - doesn't have to mean much - but the powerpoint this uses lists the NSA under "regulation".  The same powerpoint a couple of months earlier does not list the NSA.  Have they had interaction since last spring, and if so, why?

Edited by WrathofKahneman

1 hour ago, WrathofKahneman said:

so interesting note - doesn't have to mean much - but the powerpoint this uses lists the NSA under "regulation".  The same powerpoint a couple of months earlier does not list the NSA.  Have they had interaction since last spring, and if so, why?

DS worked with the nsa afaik 

Personally I thought the presentation was awful. She could barely string a sentence together without making a mistake and her voice quivered with fear.

Yes, I know English isn't her first language but she couldn't even say the word liquidity. 

"Liquidy" :lol:

7 minutes ago, Moonraker said:

Personally I thought the presentation was awful. She could barely string a sentence together without making a mistake and her voice quivered with fear.

Yes, I know English isn't her first language but she couldn't even say the word liquidity. 

"Liquidy" :lol:

your ears are clearly too white...

Dammit!    Previously I just had to live with having a crush on Monica, Brad, David, Dilip and Miguel.   Now I've got another.  Sigh.

Do you think Yana would like to explain that all over again in that lovely accent, and in detail, to a very interested ant?   :) 

The guy that said she was naive for believing that the whole network wouldn't be corrupted did not understand any of the concept.  These types don't get that entities can have altruistic motives,  and that places like universities and financial institutions and civic-minded individuals are not going to be easily corrupted en masse.

Also the ones who seem incredulous that anyone would run a node without a financial gain....   they just don't get it eh.

They remind me of the horse breeders who said this smelly noisy new machine won't ever replace horses...

Edited by Tinyaccount
Clarity

Unfortunately despite her initial clear 40 minute presentation, when the Q&A is opened, and legitimate questions are asked about the validators ,her attitude turns to one of a petulant teenager (for some reason).  Eye rolling, making faces, responding to questions is a tone of slight outrage at the questions themselves.  Not sure why this happened, and it sort of surprised me. 

I would have enjoyed listening to reasoned answers to the questions asked- including- how does one know which vaildators to trust, and what recourse is there if a vaidator group refuses one's transactions. 

I'm glad they had this presentation, but sorry for her that she seemed annoyed by the questions. Maybe she is just shot from her job, and needs a break.  That's what it seemed like, or maybe someone else in the company has better, more global answers, to the questions asked, I am not sure which.  Anyway, glad I watched this presentation.

She will get better with time, this is absolutely cutting edge and still considered experimental by most of the industry.

We are used to having David Schwartz do these talks, and he has had a lot more exposure to the geeks who spend their days in server rooms screaming obsenities

at crashed harddrives and unmarked Ethernet-chaos. If you want to really have an argument at work, go down into the basement and ask the IT-guy about his atheism.

Imagine a poor nerdy guy with aspergers who is head of IT going away for a couple of months on leave, and returning to this:

image.png.1a941d9490e3793d5cb6b63040d75ceb.png

No wonder some of them might seem a bit rude.

Edited by mandelbaum