Hound

Ethereum is coming for no.2

1 hour ago, Hound said:

It’s like the horse and car are being ridden by whales and the whims of Fomo and FUD. 🤣

Still at the earliest stage of crypto currency community adoption and implementation and development.

Not even 1% of world population is probably even aware of crypto currency in any form or fashion.

10 minutes ago, DividendGamer said:

Still at the earliest stage of crypto currency community adoption and implementation and development.

Not even 1% of world population is probably even aware of crypto currency in any form or fashion.

I think you're wrong about the 1%. More % has heard of Bitcoin but they don't have the slightest idea what it is or does probably.
XRP is a different story. Not even 1% has heard about it...hopefully they will.

2 hours ago, divingman10 said:

I think you're wrong about the 1%. More % has heard of Bitcoin but they don't have the slightest idea what it is or does probably.
XRP is a different story. Not even 1% has heard about it...hopefully they will.

Yeah I read that figure somewhere early last year when I was trying to convince a friend to not put any money into that scam bitconnect.

Can't remember where I read the news article about the overall market awareness of crypto currency at the time.

Edited by DividendGamer

Who cares? This isn't a race between XRP and Ethereum. I want the whole crypto market to go up. XRP is just one part of the whole crypto ecosystem. If Ethereum was worth $0.01 and XRP was $0.02, would you feel like a winner? What if Ethereum was $10,000 and XRP was $100, that would be awful, right?

3 hours ago, xrp_sea said:

Who cares? This isn't a race between XRP and Ethereum. I want the whole crypto market to go up. XRP is just one part of the whole crypto ecosystem. If Ethereum was worth $0.01 and XRP was $0.02, would you feel like a winner? What if Ethereum was $10,000 and XRP was $100, that would be awful, right?

Good perspective 

17 hours ago, 2ndtimearound said:

I mean...if you think overbought / oversold are respectively sell and buy signals every time they appear on RSI, you'll lose more than you gain.  It always works until it doesn't, which is often.

I do not use that, just volume.. market sentiment and order books to trade. What is RSI? 🤣 ... simply the price.

11 hours ago, xrp_sea said:

Exactly crypto is going to digitise all stores of value.. Bank accounts, stocks, bonds, commodities, petroleum... no one crypto project will be the global Reserve currency. Everything accumulatively will become the global reserve and liquid. This whole market needs to outperform the incubants.. Microsoft/Apple/IBM/VISA/MasterCard/Corresponding banking network. They are no incubants in crypto.. all projects are entrants against the established incubants.

On 12/20/2018 at 6:04 PM, Hound said:

Ethereum is seriously oversold against Bitcoin, 90% crypto projects are erc-20 tokens. I’am happy with my XRP/BTC gains.. now for some ETH/Btc gains.... then back to XRP/ETH.... I love this.

Who decides what is oversold? The whole trope of something is oversold or overbought is meaningless to me. How do you even quantify that statement?

22 hours ago, xrp_sea said:

If eth comes to only 1 cent and xrp to 2 cent yeah i would feel like a winner (if 2 went so low, other crypto would too, and by what you said eth would get demolished, while xrp would go down only for factor 10-15 which is not really yet a demolition because we are down already for like 10 times)

and in second case if eth went up from 100 to 10 000, that would be factor 100, while xrp wold go up for factor 300, so yeah i would of course also in those case feel like a winner by holding correct coin

Its simple math, so in both your cases xrp win.

Edited by Riseup

7 hours ago, TheXRPer said:

Who decides what is oversold? The whole trope of something is oversold or overbought is meaningless to me. How do you even quantify that statement?

Buy walls and volume get accumulated at levels whale’s decide is the price they want to buy at. Simple.

1 hour ago, Hound said:

Buy walls and volume get accumulated at levels whale’s decide is the price they want to buy at. Simple.

LOL. Yes, simple. Buy walls come and go in the blink of an eye. Overbought and oversold signals work on a long timeframe (e.g buying a distressed asset in a bear market, selling it in a bull run). Over the short term, the notion that an asset is overbought or oversold is nonsense and the market will only frustrate you.

Edited by 2ndtimearound

3 hours ago, 2ndtimearound said:

LOL. Yes, simple. Buy walls come and go in the blink of an eye. Overbought and oversold signals work on a long timeframe (e.g buying a distressed asset in a bear market, selling it in a bull run). Over the short term, the notion that an asset is overbought or oversold is nonsense and the market will only frustrate you.

Hey man, don’t get me wrong.. i’am Just here sharing what I know. What you might know might work for you, what I know worked for me. By removing expectations from this market, I only began investing with what I could afford to loose. I sold off XRP at $2.50 and bought back at $0.35 sold at $0.65. I have increased my XRP holdings by 20x just playing the levels starting with only 500XRP. See long term investing is great, but not when the market is loosing 90% value in a bear market. Capital preservation is absolute.

Yes I’am bullish on Ethereum( countries are literally working on cooperatives and stablecoins using the network)                  Yes I’am bullish on XRP( it makes transferring value a piece of cake),  yes I’am  bullish on Bitcoin( it’s an immutable ledger fueled by energy consumption mimicking the physical mining of gold digitally with much less carbon footprint than actually mining gold, which is disastrous for forests etc)

now that I have established I’am bullish on all three assets. I trade them based on what I feel is a reasonable price to buy and   Profitable price to sell.

if you are holding XRP and our conviced if everyone holds XRP the price will remain stable or go higher, you might have to re-evaluate that stand. Large trading accounts do not care about the asset, all they care about is capital gains, and all they are doing day in day out are accumulating and distributing. 

Meanwhile XRP/ETH is correcting itself. The market does not lie, the price does not lie, it’s we who lie to ourselves. Taking this trade could have doubled your XRP stack, but I’am sure you will find plenty of oppurtunities in the future. So don’t rush in, learn and do what’s best based on your comfort of trading, my opinions are not always correct and hence I’am not forcing anyone to see what I see on the charts. Just providing knowledge so that you can make your own informed decision for your portfolio.

Diclaimer: I might have worked with a whale or two.

CE4987F8-150E-4B49-A6AD-088456CAAF9F.jpeg

1 hour ago, Hound said:

Hey man, don’t get me wrong.. i’am Just here sharing what I know. What you might know might work for you, what I know worked for me. By removing expectations from this market, I only began investing with what I could afford to loose. I sold off XRP at $2.50 and bought back at $0.35 sold at $0.65. I have increased my XRP holdings by 20x just playing the levels starting with only 500XRP. See long term investing is great, but not when the market is loosing 90% value in a bear market. Capital preservation is absolute.

Yes I’am bullish on Ethereum( countries are literally working on cooperatives and stablecoins using the network)                  Yes I’am bullish on XRP( it makes transferring value a piece of cake),  yes I’am  bullish on Bitcoin( it’s an immutable ledger fueled by energy consumption mimicking the physical mining of gold digitally with much less carbon footprint than actually mining gold, which is disastrous for forests etc)

now that I have established I’am bullish on all three assets. I trade them based on what I feel is a reasonable price to buy and   Profitable price to sell.

if you are holding XRP and our conviced if everyone holds XRP the price will remain stable or go higher, you might have to re-evaluate that stand. Large trading accounts do not care about the asset, all they care about is capital gains, and all they are doing day in day out are accumulating and distributing. 

Meanwhile XRP/ETH is correcting itself. The market does not lie, the price does not lie, it’s we who lie to ourselves. Taking this trade could have doubled your XRP stack, but I’am sure you will find plenty of oppurtunities in the future. So don’t rush in, learn and do what’s best based on your comfort of trading, my opinions are not always correct and hence I’am not forcing anyone to see what I see on the charts. Just providing knowledge so that you can make your own informed decision for your portfolio.

I still don't understand what you want to tell us.What should i do? Buy Ethereum??😳

2 hours ago, Hound said:

So you know a whale or two (intimating you have inside info) but your initial investment was 500 XRP? I know everyone has different budgets but assuming you bought at 25c before the bull run, that’s only $125 of money you put in. Something doesn’t ring true here....with your skill to x20 in a bear market, how is it your initial investment wasn’t bigger? Only 5% of day traders make a profit, only 1% or 2% make a living from it, yet you can x20 your stack but only put in a $125 (or so) initial investment? The number of people on this forum who purport to have the skill to call tops and bottoms is phenomenal. Why did you wait 7 months for 35c but you missed (an apparently) obvious bottom at 45c in April and (an apparently) obvious top in May when XRP went to just under $1? 

Your assumption is that everything returns to some magic mean and ratios between coins never change and the market must observe them  (must return to mean). As I mentioned, that works fine until it doesn’t.

Not to mention the extra taxes you have to pay for frequent trading.