kryptoroi

Uphold comments on XRP!

I also just got a reply from Uphold. After a month of not hearing from them about my email being involved in their phishing scandal, they have been telling me they will be contacting me shortly to have that issued cleared up.
After a month of not hearing from them I asked Upholds customer service rep on their live chat and he told me they are not going to be able to change any e-mail addresses associated with anybody's account because according to Uphold rep "The staffing is not the issue, it seems to be an issue with our processor not updating information.
So are they still using the same e-mail processor that sent out the phishing email??
I find this extremely alarming. I am contacting the US SEC and all other appropriate authorities. This is absolutely ridiculous. I urge anybody who had their e-mail address stolen in the phishing attempt to contact the United States Securities and Exchange Commission at (833) SEC-OIG1 (732-6441)

Isn’t phishing not always the problem of those who bite in the first place? Email addresses never should be seen as “secrets”... Just like a street address, an email address is public
Your indentity can be abused but not stolen.
Anyone can catch or buy lists with public personal identifications from thousands of DBs .... legal or illegal....

1 hour ago, kanaas said:

Isn’t phishing not always the problem of those who bite in the first place? Email addresses never should be seen as “secrets”... Just like a street address, an email address is public
Your indentity can be abused but not stolen.
Anyone can catch or buy lists with public personal identifications from thousands of DBs .... legal or illegal....

Please note that I did not think I bit in the hackers phishing expedition. I hope not at least. I was just trying to change my information on file just as a precaution. I still like Uphold, their staff is very friendly, just had a bad experience I suppose. 

Edited by Paulo