Jump to content
kryptoroi

Uphold comments on XRP!

Recommended Posts

Very interesting, and I am not surprised.  Small investors "get" XRP and have tremendous loyalty to the brand.  On Etoro XRP is bought be over 72% of investors, but only 27% of Etoro investors buy Bitcoin.  On Etoro XRP positions are always marked 100% buying, every other crypto is regularly 97-99% indicating investors are shorting these coins far more than they are shorting XRP.

When the media catch on that XRP is sexy it is going to take off big time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, lll_lll said:

Yup. Their XRP obligations are nearly as big as their BTC obligation. That says something for an asset that was just listed this year. This should provide a clear data point to anyone sitting on the fence trying to decide whether to list XRP or not.

Yes I'm really having a hard time understanding why some still haven't added XRP! I hate to believe that it's an attempt to suppress xrp's success while promoting their personal agenda but it sure looks that way! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Very interesting, and I am not surprised.  Small investors "get" XRP and have tremendous loyalty to the brand.  On Etoro XRP is bought be over 72% of investors, but only 27% of Etoro investors buy Bitcoin.  On Etoro XRP positions are always marked 100% buying, every other crypto is regularly 97-99% indicating investors are shorting these coins far more than they are shorting XRP.

When the media catch on that XRP is sexy it is going to take off big time!

Yes! It's only a matter of time! Although anything is possibly , especially in the crypto world, everything so far points to good things! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Hedged Bitcoin, developed by Ternary Intelligence Inc., uses the science of complex systems - such as herds and swarms - to detect early crowding in the Bitcoin market and shift customer funds into the ‘safe haven’ of US Dollars before the onset of market turbulence.

I reached out to them. Not sure if this is "Hedging" or executing an "algo trading tool" to automatically re-balance your BTC:USD position dynamically.

Hedging is going to be critical for institutional players to manage their risk associated with the operational need of holding XRP. Has anyone put together a list of Crypto derivatives providers (loans, options, shorting, swaps, ETFs, etc) ?

Edited by KarmaCoverage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, kryptoroi said:

 

Just received an email from uphold and the stats they have on the overall market and XRP specifically point to a bright future! 

 

The past month has seen one of the worst sell-offs in digital currencies for three years, with a corresponding collapse in prices. At the time of writing (10/12/2018), Ethereum had crashed to 6% of its peak value, Bitcoin languished at 18% and even XRP stood much diminished at 32%. Yet the reaction of Uphold members to the incipient bear market over the past four weeks may be surprising. Uphold’s Chief Data Officer, Rafael Veloso, picks out some of the trading highlights.

Despite the grim market, ‘Buy’ orders outweighed ‘Sells’ by 26% in US Dollar terms, with many Uphold customers using the fall in prices to increase their positions substantially.

In terms of net inflows, the big story was XRP. Even with a market cap only 20% that of BTC, XRP emerged as the second most heavily bought asset on Uphold over the four-week period, coming within 98% of the US Dollar value of all Bitcoin purchased.

Steady growth in XRP holdings continued and most holders of XRP held their nerve. XRP buys ran at almost six times the value of XRP sales in the month.

The past month underlines the continuing rise of interest in XRP,’ explained Veloso. ‘When first listed on Uphold earlier this year, XRP accounted for less than 10% of platform purchases each month. Over the past month, that figure has risen to 43%. Many buyers believe - and Tweet - that XRP has a well-developed use case and is enjoying higher levels of institutional adoption than other digital currencies. Ripple’s xRapid payment technology continues to be picked up by big banks, with XRP providing a liquidity bridge.’

Man-oh-man.....I bet Coinbase hates hearing great news like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, lll_lll said:

Yup. Their XRP obligations are nearly as big as their BTC obligation. That says something for an asset that was just listed this year. This should provide a clear data point to anyone sitting on the fence trying to decide whether to list XRP or not.

Their XRP obligations are bigger than their BTC obligations.

Uphold Transparency.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lll_lll said:

Well.. seems like XRP has surpassed BTC recently then.

One of the leading indicators will be "inflows per period" day/week/year. Outflows are also important

I think it would be fascinating for someone to graph out all the capital flows in crypto, as one big network. In/out flows between crypto ledgers, between IOUs/erc20 tokens on one ledger, and between fiat. That would be valuable information if real time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, KarmaCoverage said:

One of the leading indicators will be "inflows per period" day/week/year. Outflows are also important

I think it would be fascinating for someone to graph out all the capital flows in crypto, as one big network. In/out flows between crypto ledgers, between IOUs/erc20 tokens on one ledger, and between fiat. That would be valuable information if real time.

That would be interesting indeed.  There were more than few times in the past where I wondered if the cryptosphere is sustained solely by coins with fiat ramps and an accompanying buying interest (such as xrp);  xrp starts the rally and then quickly gets sold off to btc which effectively transfers the buying pressure. 

Tinfoil?  Hmmmm...  :scratch_one-s_head:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is uphold pluggin to the coin market caps of the world? 

Some time ago when I first bought on Uphold they told me No. or maybe live coin watch told me no. Can’t really remember anything. 💊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Cryptoball said:

Is uphold pluggin to the coin market caps of the world? 

Some time ago when I first bought on Uphold they told me No. or maybe live coin watch told me no. Can’t really remember anything. 💊

No, they don't have an API.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...