MegaNerd

TA People.. what say you now?

14 minutes ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

Or this one ( there are many, all different). 

5CAEEC64-1B71-42B1-BFB9-45A215467B70.jpeg.e22dacf46b2381012fe13116e723056d.jpeg

It does not describe adoption but expectations. Expectation of adoption.

We haven't really gone back to half a cent for XRP, have we? Or $2 for Bitcoin? If you zoom out of almost any chart, each digital asset has seen phenomenal growth in prices over the last couple of years, and I am very confident that growth will continue, exponentially.

So far, everything was just speculation. We've not even seen the start of adoption yet. That will start in 2019.

Edited by lucky

42 minutes ago, lucky said:

Yes, it’s more in line with price-movements I suspect, while your graph is the adoption graph of a new technology until market saturation. 

Not disagreeing with you, just challenging. 

Imo those graphs say absolutely nothing about XRP, maybe for crypto and/or blockchain as new “ industry”.

Why?

- will adoption take place ?

- at what point 100% saturation will be met?

- will it be at 100% marketshare? 

- what will be the lifecycle of the product? 

( long/short?) 

etc etc .

So yes, it’s possible XRP fails and goes back to $ 0.06 or be stuck at 50% marketshare with a price of $ 15 or it can go to the moon with 100% marketshare and $ 589 ( or just $58, who knows?) 

CD technology had a good, but fairly short lifecycle and adoptioncurve ( we’re all streaming music now), mobile phones went parabolic ( but Nokia died),  Betamax was better, but lost from VHS etc etc.

TLDR:  ok, I agree, moon in 2019.

Edited by Ripple-Stiltskin

On December 19, 2018 at 4:37 PM, MegaNerd said:

For all of 2018 the price dropped yet not once (that I've seen) has any TA person said (and predicted to be true) that 2018 was going to be a year of falling prices.

Whats up with that?

And there are no analysts out there that predicted last nights 20% surge. So unfortunately it holds true that the future still can't be predicted. 

3 hours ago, lucky said:

We haven't really gone back to half a cent for XRP, have we? Or $2 for Bitcoin? If you zoom out of almost any chart, each digital asset has seen phenomenal growth in prices over the last couple of years, and I am very confident that growth will continue, exponentially.

So far, everything was just speculation. We've not even seen the start of adoption yet. That will start in 2019.

Sounds logical. Any chances of XRP adoption being significantly delayed to, say, 2022 or even further?

If that delay happens (theoretically) do you agree that XRP will most likely miss it chance to become the Internet of Value?

Edited by WillGetThere
Grammar

1 hour ago, WillGetThere said:

Sounds logical. Any chances of XRP adoption being significantly delayed to, say, 2022 or even further?

If that delay happens (theoretically) do you agree that XRP will most likely miss it chance to become the Internet of Value?

I think a longer adoption period is what will be necessary to properly build the infrastructure for the IoV.

Look at how much the internet and businesses built on it changed over time.

This is a long and profitable road we are on.

Enjoy the scenery.

1 hour ago, DividendGamer said:

I think a longer adoption period is what will be necessary to properly build the infrastructure for the IoV.

Look at how much the internet and businesses built on it changed over time.

This is a long and profitable road we are on.

Enjoy the scenery.

I know what you mean but I would not be that certain as now things move much faster. Esp when it comes to technology. Competition is not sleeping...  

1 hour ago, WillGetThere said:

I know what you mean but I would not be that certain as now things move much faster. Esp when it comes to technology. Competition is not sleeping...  

I agree..id say 7yrs before something else threatens to replace it

With ongoing the massive stock market sell-off, I was almost expecting funds to dry up to the point that cryptocurrency would also suffer. XRP's strength, despite this globally massive loss of wealth, might be the start of an incredibly healthy bull run.  Wall Street is in the business of making money, and if they're seeing 5, 10, & even 20% daily gains with the major cryptos, I predict that a huge influx of capital is about to occur.  Looking at xrpcharts.com yesterday, showed an XRP ledger payment volume of 'only' around $75,000,000, whereas today it's up to nearly $300,000,000: that's over a four fold increase. Things change FAST!!! The Total Transaction Volume is over a $ Billion today - we might be in for an explosive rally after all. With the recent avalanche of listings and other good news, I believe that the FOMO is getting serious again. I can't imagine that too many of the hedge fund managers; in hopes of recouping some of their losses; aren't frantically attempting to figure out how to position themselves in crypto. If the stock market doesn't soon rebound and stabilize, cryptocurrencies just might become all the rage again.  We'll see.....  

13 hours ago, WuWei said:

With ongoing the massive stock market sell-off, I was almost expecting funds to dry up to the point that cryptocurrency would also suffer. XRP's strength, despite this globally massive loss of wealth, might be the start of an incredibly healthy bull run.  Wall Street is in the business of making money, and if they're seeing 5, 10, & even 20% daily gains with the major cryptos, I predict that a huge influx of capital is about to occur.  Looking at xrpcharts.com yesterday, showed an XRP ledger payment volume of 'only' around $75,000,000, whereas today it's up to nearly $300,000,000: that's over a four fold increase. Things change FAST!!! The Total Transaction Volume is over a $ Billion today - we might be in for an explosive rally after all. With the recent avalanche of listings and other good news, I believe that the FOMO is getting serious again. I can't imagine that too many of the hedge fund managers; in hopes of recouping some of their losses; aren't frantically attempting to figure out how to position themselves in crypto. If the stock market doesn't soon rebound and stabilize, cryptocurrencies just might become all the rage again.  We'll see.....  

Dunno, but when Wallstr comes into the play, we may get rekt big size by them due to shorting the living crap out of any coin...   We ain't seen big Whales yet i guess.

On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 12:12 PM, DutchPanda said:

Dunno, but when Wallstr comes into the play, we may get rekt big size by them due to shorting the living crap out of any coin...   We ain't seen big Whales yet i guess.

Perhaps, but Wallstreet and it's bigger investment companies are traditionally long-term investors. They will invest in what they think has a long term potential, holding most of those assets for years and in the process decreasing the immense volatility we are slapped around with these days.

The result could (and imo will) still be that 98% of useless coins will not be adopted by FI's and die off long term after they've fallen victim to the small whales like breadcrumbs and pumped/dumped till they're dead.

In order to create a healthy crypto market these professionals are very important, eating up the big whales and pump/dump groups we know now.