Scout

XRP Standstill

1 hour ago, Mcripple said:

Lol why do you think those countries are developing? I’m an American and I don’t support everything we get involved in but most of the global development is BECAUSE of and AT THE EXPENSE of the U.S. rather than despite the U.S. 

Sure Buddy. Stealing oil and rob all other natural resources is something US brought to those countries. All wars in the middle east you are involved started because of OIL.

US financed and fought against Isis at the same time. 2 faces of US. Sure there were some good things happen in the past, but far past.

Just my opinion.

Edited by XRP_Legacy

3 hours ago, XRP_Legacy said:

All wars in the middle east you are involved started because of OIL

True to a certain extent, Saddam Hussein's wealth i,e cash(Greenback) and gold for oil ,disappeared on military planes by the tonne (faster than swift but not as quick as xrapid) War is money ! Increased defense budget (fleecing own people with some crap excuse) one thing Donald has done hes brought peace with his new bestie Kim Jung-un helped by of course by Dennis Rodman,  man that cracks me up three sane/insane individuals,  war sucks, it makes fat cats fatter and hurts or kills good people that shouldn't be. My humble opinion. 

7 hours ago, Mcripple said:

Lol why do you think those countries are developing? I’m an American and I don’t support everything we get involved in but most of the global development is BECAUSE of and AT THE EXPENSE of the U.S. rather than despite the U.S.

That statement is based on your perception as an American. While the US gives the most in total (slightly ahead of Germany) when based on GDP the picture is quite different.

image.thumb.png.34a6cd7d309a9b3dad4ed07d1be67d2b.png

On 12/19/2018 at 3:34 PM, Montoya said:

What? That is like saying whatever the EPA says is not legally binding because they don't make US law. They write what is known as regulatory law, which is in practice, the same thing.

Yeah you are right my statement wasnt correct. 

Edited by Gepster

Warning: Older dude rant incoming.

Those darn Hippies!

The US will always get the blame, no matter what they do. It´s like when children blame their parents for everything that is wrong. The parents are just there, right? Taken for granted.

If the child is not taught to take responsibility before the age of 21, it will be a disgusting creepy freeloader the rest of its life. They keep pointing out the faults of everyone else but themselves. Just look at the current trend in universities. Protesting capitalism on your iPhone? Really? They are blocking off a street in the name of "anarchy" (Old Greek for absence of leader), and the first thing they do is directing traffic? How dumb are they?

How on earth did these morons even get into a university let alone out of kindergarten?

The US is pulling out of Syria, the same idiots who said the US should get out of Syria a month ago, are now saying: you cant do that, what about the Kurds? It is pathetic, they are children who were never taught to take responsibilities and actually use their brain.

I have served in my countrys navy, and the pure joy in having the honor of being invited to a US aircraft carrier was astounding. If your nation is ever hit by a massive natural disaster, these people will be rushing over to help the moment the news arrive. Basically a floating city to help everyone during a disaster payed for by the US taxpayer.

Edited by mandelbaum

On 12/21/2018 at 1:29 AM, XRP_Legacy said:

All wars in the middle east you are involved started because of OIL.

And yet Oil imports have been declining since 2005. So what you are trying to argue is that the U.S. starts wars ... to stop importing Oil and start massive production back home?

I'm tired of this War-for-Oil argument. It's simple propaganda by people with no knowledge of what is happening outside of fake news site.

26 minutes ago, mandelbaum said:

Those darn Hippies!

O lol, indeed this gives away your age range..... ( curious:  what was the opposite of a hippie at that time? And: which camp were you in?). 

As for how the world looks at the US, I think you’re right. It has become worse since Trump ( it’s all Obama and Clinton here in Europe , as we’re all a bit hippie in our core I think).

Still:  we’re one off the strongest allies of the US, both officially as in the streets. We’ll never forget WWII and what you guys did. 

52 minutes ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

Still:  we’re one off the strongest allies of the US, both officially as in the streets. We’ll never forget WWII and what you guys did. 

I once had an older lady who was a little girl in Belgium during the Nazi occupation tell me the same thing you wrote. I’m just curious, what do Belgians do to make sure their future generations never forget? Us Americans seem to be forgetting the best parts of our history and never forgiving the worst. It’s not healthy as it creates an obsession over macro ideas without attention to the details.

PS, one of my family members fought in Belgium, D-day, North Africa, and the pacific theatre. All of my mom’s uncles and her dad fought in Europe. My uncle June spent the entire war in a Japanese prison camp, he was on Corregidor when the war started, and witnessed the bombing of Hiroshima from his prison camp. They really were great men.

I write all of this so maybe more people will remember that America can do amazing things for the world and isn’t all bad.

Edited by Raz

7 minutes ago, Raz said:

I’m just curious, what do Belgians do to make sure their future generations never forget? 

First, I’m Dutch, but Belgium/Netherlands, same thing, lol (  this will cause several seperate threads, I’m sure). 

We do all kind of things, especially around May 5 ( Liberation Day). 

As a matter of fact I planned a city trip to Krakau ( Poland) next weeks with wife and children, where we will surely visit Auschwitz ( concentration camp), to honor and remember what happened. 

54 minutes ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

First, I’m Dutch, but Belgium/Netherlands, same thing, lol (  this will cause several seperate threads, I’m sure). 

We do all kind of things, especially around May 5 ( Liberation Day). 

As a matter of fact I planned a city trip to Krakau ( Poland) next weeks with wife and children, where we will surely visit Auschwitz ( concentration camp), to honor and remember what happened. 

Ha! Oops, well I’ve never been to the Netherlands so there’s something for my bucket list. That’s great that you are doing that. I would imagine if Americans/citizens of the world could/would make it over to the concentration camps and mass military graves they might be more prone to remembering what happened. 

Though I will say not to blame any one country or its people, but simply to remember.

Edited by Raz

6 hours ago, mandelbaum said:

I have served in my countrys navy, and the pure joy in having the honor of being invited to a US aircraft carrier was astounding. If your nation is ever hit by a massive natural disaster, these people will be rushing over to help the moment the news arrive. Basically a floating city to help everyone during a disaster payed for by the US taxpayer.

Ahh that explains why I like your sense of humor :D Thank you for your service,  I served New Zealand Navy and have many interactions with USA navy , many ending with no sea legs at the bar :banana: Merry Xmas to you and family fellow matlow.

On 12/20/2018 at 6:52 AM, itcdominic said:

I thought we were talking about XRP?

Quite right my humble apologies for the digression,  back to o.p , I don't think XRP is a a standstill ,it's slowly moving forward, its moved to number 2 spot, its maturing , making media attention, its been utilized probably at speeds some people might not like , but speed is a matter of perspective,  look at this through the eyes of a three toed sloth , we are probably at warp speed.

5 hours ago, Raz said:

Ha! Oops, well I’ve never been to the Netherlands so there’s something for my bucket list. That’s great that you are doing that. I would imagine if Americans/citizens of the world could/would make it over to the concentration camps and mass military graves they might be more prone to remembering what happened. 

Though I will say not to blame any one country or its people, but simply to remember.

Yeah, come over ... :) happy to have you!

when xrp moon? 😉

On 12/19/2018 at 12:34 PM, MegaNerd said:

If the US became isolationist and withdrew ALL funding and ALL aid to every country on earth for just one year, you'd see how fast these countries would cry for America to come back. The problem is, that's never going to happen, so it's easy for people like you to say such ignorant comments. 

What you posted is as ignorant as it can get.  You must be joking saying if the US stops all fundings and aid to every country on earth. lol US is crumbling from within, the country is so divided and lets not forget if China wants to it can make the US bankrupt.