Jump to content
Scout

XRP Standstill

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, XRP_Legacy said:

Sorry Buddy but you are trying to declare that the whole world is just US and SEC? This count just for US but the other countries in the world has still 7bln population which doesn’t give a sh*t about SEC.

Utility s going on in whole Asia and some other countries.

US cant be a peace maker any longer cos it terorizes all others on this earth.

The US is still the 900 pound gorilla. If you think for a second that XRP can gain success without the blessing of the US gov you are deluding yourself. 

 

2 hours ago, Gepster said:

Whatever the SEC says is definitely not legally binding, simply because the SEC does not make or rule on US law.

What? That is like saying whatever the EPA says is not legally binding because they don't make US law. They write what is known as regulatory law, which is in practice, the same thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Scout said:

There isn't one company driving BTC. It is being driven by China. BTC is doing well for two reasons, one being the first decentralized crypto and secondly having a tiny total supply allowing it to gain value faster upon adoption. But essentially it is an inefficient crypto soon to be a museum piece.

you’re using a lot of fuzzy logic, like “tiny supply”. The supply of all non-deflationary crypto is “one”. The value per unit is “one” divided by number of coins. The number of coins is irrelevant, although smaller units (more coins) are more usable as unit of account in trade.

But basically I see you making the argument that XRP can replace BTC regardless of Ripple’s efforts, simply because it has better technical characteristics. So we agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, XRP_Legacy said:

You make terorists and then fight against them. Average US citizen doesn’t even know where Europe is. We need peace on the world, thats all but US isn’t able to bring it. Sorry no ofence mate.

What a worn out trope. There is plenty of stupid to go around. This thread is evidence of that. I've met "educated" Europeans who think that the US reprints their currency every four years to account for a new face on their greenbacks. Remember, stupidity is not mutually exclusive. I wont argue that most Americans aren't dumb, but the rest of the world is no different. Doubly so when it comes to war mongering. The US's role is simply magnified in the imagination of people from other countries due to the massively oversized role that it plays socially, economically, and militarily. But most importantly, it is completely irrelevant to the conversation at hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Montoya said:

What a worn out trope. There is plenty of stupid to go around. This thread is evidence of that. I've met "educated" Europeans who think that the US reprints their currency every four years to account for a new face on their greenbacks. Remember, stupidity is not mutually exclusive. I wont argue that most Americans aren't dumb, but the rest of the world is no different. Doubly so when it comes to war mongering. The US's role is simply magnified in the imagination of people from other countries due to the massively oversized role that it plays socially, economically, and militarily. But most importantly, it is completely irrelevant to the conversation at hand.

Let's leave all these discussions to somewhere else if you don't mind. I could jump in with a ton of data, facts, and history, but this is not the place. I love these boards, however, it gets old with all the off-topic digressions. Thanks......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, XRP_Legacy said:

US cant be a peace maker any longer cos it terorizes all others on this earth.

If the US became isolationist and withdrew ALL funding and ALL aid to every country on earth for just one year, you'd see how fast these countries would cry for America to come back. The problem is, that's never going to happen, so it's easy for people like you to say such ignorant comments. 

Edited by MegaNerd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MegaNerd said:

If the US became isolationist and withdrew ALL funding and ALL aid to every country on earth for just one year, you'd see how fast these countries would cry for America to come back.

I very much doubt that. These countries may come to the conclusion that they’re actually better off without funding and aid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lucky said:

I very much doubt that. These countries may come to the conclusion that they’re actually better off without funding and aid.

And how many countries do you know of which told the US, "Stop giving us money, you're making us weak, we can do this on our own" and actually followed through with it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MegaNerd said:

And how many countries do you know of which told the US, "Stop giving us money, you're making us weak, we can do this on our own" and actually followed through with it?

That’s like asking how many junkies have asked their dealer to not sell them drugs. Pretty much same situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lucky said:

That’s like asking how many junkies have asked their dealer to not sell them drugs. Pretty much same situation.

Right. Except drugs kill, hallucinate, cause paranoia, coma, seizures... and the majority of the $50 billion in foreign aid last year went to  bilateral health programs, especially in Africa.

but yes.. same thing :bye:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So R3 with its huge bank consortium, Bittrex, Bitstamp, Uphold and everyone else are selling / using a security and by that make illegal actions?

 

Ok.

 

XRP is the number 2 DA right now and was always very hot in the news. If the SEC really wanted to punish us they would have already done that.

Edited by Zerp_Legend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×