Can someone share or post today's AMA with Brad?

It’s not my idea of a bank.  I have worked in both a Credit Union and a bank and although internally similar they do face different regulatory requirements.  

In recent years perhaps the two are more similar in requirements than earlier...   I’m not sure. 

But for me the first Bank will signal that regulatory requirements are fully met for XRP usage at least in that particular corridor.  

22 minutes ago, liquid153 said:

Is bitstamp being an xRapid premier exchange old news, or is this a new announcement?

I'm not sure if he was supposed to say that? He seemed to get a bit awkward after Bitstamp was mentioned. Not sure if he honestly couldn't remember, or if he didn't want to say who it was. 

12 minutes ago, quetzalcoatl said:

He seemed to get a bit awkward after Bitstamp was mentioned.

People at Ripple have to give him s*** on the in-depth analysis we provide here at XRPchat. I don't think I have ever seen a CEO more criticized than him.... Unless that CEO was obviously going to prison or being investigated by the SEC (Your my boy, Elon!) 

39 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

But clearly it has been a good year for Ripple but a dissapointing one for regulation and institutional adoption.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-12-18/pros-are-ditching-bitcoin-market-as-interest-ebbs-jpmorgan-says

The prolonged digital-asset slump is scaring off institutional players, according to JPMorgan Chase & Co., suggesting a fulcrum for cryptocurrency markets is giving way.

39 minutes ago, quetzalcoatl said:

I'm not sure if he was supposed to say that? He seemed to get a bit awkward after Bitstamp was mentioned. Not sure if he honestly couldn't remember, or if he didn't want to say who it was. 

Maybe it was planned?  Pretending it just slipped out of his mouth or something. As far as I remember Bitstamp was not announced as a Ripple partner before 

29 minutes ago, Armanius said:

Maybe it was planned?  Pretending it just slipped out of his mouth or something. As far as I remember Bitstamp was not announced as a Ripple partner before 

I could be wrong but I don’t read Brad or anyone else at Ripple as that kind of player.   

I think they play a straight bat. 

Also I had been thinking for a while that Bitstamp was XRapid enabled but I can’t recall why I thought that.  

11 minutes ago, Cometome said:

If Brad's "dozen banks in 2019" are not banks, they are just credit unions and payment providers then that's a big red flag...

This is not a great attitude to have at all.  Every entity that joins Ripplenet will make the network even more robust and help us move closer to ripples vision of the Internet of Value.  Brad reiterated once again that this is a marathon, we should be excited about each and every participant on Ripplenet whether it takes 3-5 years to carve out our share of the market than so be it.  

Patience is one of the most difficult virtues to master.  Even harder when we have to walk around every day carrying the secret that the way value moves daily, could soon radically be changed!

Edited by quetzalcoatl
weather=whether

1 hour ago, gamedev368 said:

As long as things are growing life is good. Whether we moon in 2 years or 5 years, matters little as long as we get there. The important thing is Ripple continues to follow an exponential growth curve.

I'm inclined to agree.  Things BG said that I already know, but still manage to give me comfort whenever it's reiterated:

1.  Look, this is a marathon.  

2.  We're way ahead of the competition.

3.  Transparency in an otherwise very opaque cryptocurrency world

4.  And finally he gets up early.  And the early bird, as we all know, catches the worm.

HODL

Live long and prosper.