xippix

NO banking institutions are using xRapid

36 minutes ago, Ryyy20 said:

Indeed, it seems the likes of the big tech giants in US are already pushing the feds to adapt a real time settlement system that can work with big banks current RTP system (clearing house):

https://www.americanbanker.com/news/amazon-google-at-odds-with-big-banks-over-feds-role-in-faster-payments

they stress *interoperability* and that time is of the essence as we are behind countries like India, UK, Singapore, Australia...

Can anyone guess who offers this kind of settlement solution?

22 minutes ago, aavkk said:

Beautiful stuff right here!  Google, Amazon and Walmart are doing the hard work for us!  So glad that as of last week they can go with Corda as well as ILP.  

"Mountain View, Calif.-based Google said in its comments that interoperability between multiple real-time systems is important, but suggested that the Fed does not need to solve that issue before moving forward. Google said that software can be built by third parties on top of the Fed’s system to support interoperability."

Yup, it’s pretty big coming from the biggest tech giants in SV. I’m sure they will get the ear of the Feds...especially amid major pressure from the White house:

Edited by Ryyy20

2 hours ago, aavkk said:

Beautiful stuff right here!  Google, Amazon and Walmart are doing the hard work for us!  So glad that as of last week they can go with Corda as well as ILP.  

"Mountain View, Calif.-based Google said in its comments that interoperability between multiple real-time systems is important, but suggested that the Fed does not need to solve that issue before moving forward. Google said that software can be built by third parties on top of the Fed’s system to support interoperability."

Beautiful job for xCurrent. And dont tell me xRapid is now in xCurrent. This is no job for xRapid

From Turkey. Akbank is not using xRapid, only xCurrent,

We do not have regulation on crypto as of now. 

Only some targets to research and improvement on blockchain tech in 100-day short term government development plan.

BTCTurk seems to be best possible `preffered xRapid partner exchange` if it will be one since his CEO was ex. CTO or something C-class executive at QNBFinansbank in Turkey. 

1 hour ago, Nohut said:

Beautiful job for xCurrent. And dont tell me xRapid is now in xCurrent. This is no job for xRapid

Oh, is it not?  You don't think these organizations are doing cross-border payments?  Are you aware of what xcurrent 4.0's new functionality entails?  Are you aware of multi-hop?   Because if you are keenly aware of these developments than any entity who's interested in saving time and money with ZERO additional risk WILL be using XRapid either directly as an XRapid partner or for these clients most likely indirectly.  Please help me understand where i am wrong here.  

4 hours ago, Yodaxrp said:

And by chance, only by chance, the Thai bank is the one offering Multihop for all Ripplenet participants....

But are they using XRP? I heard from someone that works in that bank that they still aren't using XRP.

6 minutes ago, Archbob said:

But are they using XRP? I heard from someone that works in that bank that they still aren't using XRP.

Good question. From my limited understanding from the multihop funcion the reply should be yes. If your source says the opposite I'm sure he/she's correct. I actually don't work there:rolleyes:

54 minutes ago, Archbob said:

Well Multihop lets you settle in whatever currency you want, so I hear they are using that feature but just settling in local fiat.

Thats my understanding as well.  Where regulation is clear such as Singapore or Thailand and you choose the cheapest or fastest route all the tests have shown XRapid to consistently be the best option.  This was explained in one of the Ripple Drop episodes.  

Yes, that's why I'm concerned as to why they aren't using it and using local fiat instead. I'm inclined to believe them because looking at the Ledger, there doesn't seem to have been an increase in consistent XRP payments and I also can't get anyone to confirm that they are actually using XRP.

I made a video about this topic, what do you think:

Edited by Archbob

7 hours ago, Javim777 said:

I think Brad stated that the begining will be in Asia, where regulatores has done their homework.  

Didn't we already get fairly concrete information (can't remember where), that SCB bank is on the verge of using XRP/xRapid ?  And that they plan on being the first bank?

29 minutes ago, retryW said:

Didn't we already get fairly concrete information (can't remember where), that SCB bank is on the verge of using XRP/xRapid ?  And that they plan on being the first bank?

We do know SCB is using digital assets right now. So whether that's xrapid or xrp or some other asset that's a good sign