XRP FUND STOLEN FROM LEDGER NANO S!

4 minutes ago, XRP-JAG said:

Apparently... :blink:

I'm not quite getting the supposed sequence of events here.

What we seem to be saying is OP's 24 word key was somehow discovered as an image by a hacker, with some kind of Trojan (unknown how got onto machine). Hacker spends their time trawling though images on the off chance of finding a photo of a 24word seed.

Hacker then takes control of the crypto and send it to the exchange, swapping for BTC. But, for some reason decides they need a WU account in the victims name too? They set this up in victims genuine email address, to which the hacker does not have control.

He did have control of my emails but i changed my password before he could access the verificstion email. I dont know about you guys but if your 10k was stolen your explaining would be better than mine? I think about it 24/7 and thats a promise i think am going crazy :(

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While I don't have a direct solution to the OP's problem, there's one thing that grasps me: Why trying to save a few bucks on a second hand Nano S from ebay, while the security of your investment

I'm really sorry to hear this - it makes me sick to my guts when I hear these stories. Did you wipe the device first by putting an incorrect pin 3 times? That will wipe the nano and reset it to d

You can see from the transaction if someone wants to redeem USD or BTC. The transaction is then always a payment to the gateway address. E.g. look at this transaction: STATUS: This transaction was

1 minute ago, weex123 said:

He did have control of my emails but i changed my password before he could access the verificstion email. I dont know about you guys but if your 10k was stolen your explaining would be better than mine? I think about it 24/7 and thats a promise i think am going crazy :(

How do you know they had control? Again, it makes no sense. They don't need your email to steal your Crypto (assuming they have the 24 word key). If they did take control, why not lock you out by changing the password themselves.

If this person is clever enough to hack you, steal your 24 word seed. Why do they not take very simple steps to hide their identity and wash these funds?

Have you actually found this trojan horse now on a scan, or is that just a working theory?

4 hours ago, BibleChronologyXRP said:

I'm not saying that this is a total fake report, maybe the victim discovered a very gross mistake  he or she done that is really embarrassing to reveal.

you mean like accidentally sending ones life worth of XRP to the incorrect address ?

5 hours ago, BibleChronologyXRP said:

Hacker stole the 24 word seed, that was stored on the pc !!!  that the only way to move money from a nano ledger

Why was the 24-word seed saved on your PC? I didn't think that you could save the 24-word seed. I believe you have to write it down. Unless you typed it on a Word/Notepad document of some sort? Again, why did you save it on your computer?

5 hours ago, XRP-JAG said:

Apparently... :blink:

I'm not quite getting the supposed sequence of events here.

What we seem to be saying is OP's 24 word key was somehow discovered as an image by a hacker, with some kind of Trojan (unknown how got onto machine). Hacker spends their time trawling though images on the off chance of finding a photo of a 24word seed.

Hacker then takes control of the crypto and send it to the exchange, swapping for BTC. But, for some reason decides they need a WU account in the victims name too? They set this up in victims genuine email address, to which the hacker does not have control.

I agree @XRP-JAG, this whole rigamarole doesn't make sense. My head is hurting trying to understand how such a skilled hacker would be so careless as to use his own name/address etc to set up a WU account in Latvia. I would venture to say that this person has most likely stolen the personal information of this software engineer from Latvia and is using his identity....unless he's brilliantly stupid!!!

Edited by King34Maine
10 minutes ago, King34Maine said:

Why was the 24-word seed saved on your PC? I didn't think that you could save the 24-word seed. I believe you have to write it down. Unless you typed it on a Word/Notepad document of some sort? Again, why did you save it on your computer?

I never saved my 24 word seed on my pc, pictures or notepad, never saved .