XRP FUND STOLEN FROM LEDGER NANO S!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While I don't have a direct solution to the OP's problem, there's one thing that grasps me: Why trying to save a few bucks on a second hand Nano S from ebay, while the security of your investment

I'm really sorry to hear this - it makes me sick to my guts when I hear these stories. Did you wipe the device first by putting an incorrect pin 3 times? That will wipe the nano and reset it to d

You can see from the transaction if someone wants to redeem USD or BTC. The transaction is then always a payment to the gateway address. E.g. look at this transaction: STATUS: This transaction was

25 minutes ago, weex123 said:

How does the sim card cloning work? Should I change my phone number?

I have 2fa on my bank accounts could hackers get there?

Nah, no need for new number. Just need to make sure your recovery processes are not a vulnerability.

To clone your SIM it can be as simple as calling your operator, saying I’ve dropped my (your!) phone down a drain... send me a replacement SIM with same number.

Just now, XRP-JAG said:

Nah, no need for new number. Just need to make sure your recovery processes are not a vulnerability.

To clone your SIM it can be as simple as calling your operator, saying I’ve dropped my (your!) phone down a drain... send me a replacement SIM with same number.

What about if i call my provider and setup a calling password or something like that?

1 minute ago, weex123 said:

What about if i call my provider and setup a calling password or something like that?

Works if they ask it. Or maybe I could do it in branch.

I’d just turn the option off.

A hacker could pretty much access anything you have with access to your email and or phone number. Setting a new password with something I could find on your Facebook page (ie, mother’s maiden name)

OKAY GUYS GUYS BIG BREAKTRHOUGH!!!

It looks like its been my pc that has been infected a while ago. The hacker has took the xrp that way. BUT he tried to setup a western union kinda account on my email adress and password thinking i Didnt change my passwords. So i got in that newly created account before he could and checked the details. He has put his own name and home adress with my email and paypal address!!! Probably because he wouldve needed his own ID to get the cash out in Latvia!! WILL THE POLICE NOW CATCH HIM? I AM FROM UK BUT I HAVE HIS NAME AND ADRESS FROM LATVIA. BEFORE people say that he might have put fake name. i facebooked it and it corresponds to that adress. Also his Facebook  shows that he works as software engineer. Lets bring this cun* down before scams more, as surely am not his first victim.

On 12/18/2018 at 11:39 AM, weex123 said:

It couldnt be the computer, only used it on a computer which was bought for this purpose only, installed new windows on it with Bullguard sec set to extreme. Never downloaded anything or went on any websites before plugging it in ever. Contacted Ledger to see, what they have to say about it. I do believe if they find the device to been tampered with, and me having persons username should be enough to trace him down / address etc/

I thought it wasn't your PC? How'd it get infected? 

5 minutes ago, weex123 said:

OKAY GUYS GUYS BIG BREAKTRHOUGH!!!

It looks like its been my pc that has been infected a while ago. The hacker has took the xrp that way. BUT he tried to setup a western union kinda account on my email adress and password thinking i Didnt change my passwords. So i got in that newly created account before he could and checked the details. He has put his own name and home adress with my email and paypal address!!! Probably because he wouldve needed his own ID to get the cash out in Latvia!! WILL THE POLICE NOW CATCH HIM? I AM FROM UK BUT I HAVE HIS NAME AND ADRESS FROM LATVIA. BEFORE people say that he might have put fake name. i facebooked it and it corresponds to that adress. Also his Facebook  shows that he works as software engineer. Lets bring this cun* down before scams more, as surely am not his first victim.

you posted yesterday it couldn't be you computer? new computer, not used for anything else, etc...

22 minutes ago, weex123 said:

It looks like its been my pc that has been infected a while ago. 

On 12/18/2018 at 4:39 PM, weex123 said:

It couldnt be the computer, only used it on a computer which was bought for this purpose only, installed new windows on it with Bullguard sec set to extreme. Never downloaded anything or went on any websites before plugging it in ever. 

Which one? :mellow:

Apparently... :blink:

I'm not quite getting the supposed sequence of events here.

What we seem to be saying is OP's 24 word key was somehow discovered as an image by a hacker, with some kind of Trojan (unknown how got onto machine). Hacker spends their time trawling though images on the off chance of finding a photo of a 24word seed.

Hacker then takes control of the crypto and send it to the exchange, swapping for BTC. But, for some reason decides they need a WU account in the victims name too? They set this up in victims genuine email address, to which the hacker does not have control.