Sign in to follow this  

Say 500 banks are actively using XRP, what's the price?

12 minutes ago, Dinoizzy said:

If xrpaid is in full production and price doesnt move.... we're f$cked right?

Depends what 'full production' means. Every bank in the world using it? Then yeah... Some entity starts using it for it's cross border payments in 'full production'? No.

It's all about how much XRP is needed to do the transfers, and how much is available at that moment. Big transfers could buy out complete order books on exchanges with the current price. Still then XRP is bought on one side, sold on other side and arbitraged the sh!t out of it afterwards to an equal level on both sides. 

Utility will lead to speculation and buying up XRP's by retail and institutions hopefully so the asset becomes 'scarce'.

58 minutes ago, Dinoizzy said:

No, because xVia and xCurrent can now use XRP. So if those are all up and running and using XRP, and price doesn't move, then yeah we're in trouble. Way too early to worry about it now.

5 hours ago, Dinoizzy said:

Bizarre that people seem to gloss over and ignore

"in particular, we believe there is a significant probability of a near-zero long-term value"

Part of that quote. Proves how tunnel visioned and seeing what you want to see people are when they have sunk money into something.

I think most (objective) people who are in XRP recognize the significant possibility of it going to zero.  I know I do which is why I did not exclude the quote when I referenced the paper.

I have always viewed my investment in XRP as a long term bet.  It may be a smart bet, but it is a bet nonetheless.  I have long considered my odds of winning no greater than 40%.  If (and that is a big if) regulation and usage pan out, the potential upside in XRP is massive.

I think there are many others who hold similiar viewpoints but do not express them as they will get relentlessly drawn into debates.

Edited by Sebastian

3 hours ago, Dinoizzy said:

Yes. That's just my opinion. 

1 hour ago, Sebastian said:

I think most (objective) people who are in XRP recognize the significant possibility of it going to zero.  I know I do which is why I did not exclude the quote when I referenced the paper.

I have always viewed my investment in XRP as a long term bet.  It may be a smart bet, but it is a bet nonetheless.  I have long considered my odds of winning no greater than 40%.  If (and that is a big if) regulation and usage pan out, the potential upside in XRP is massive.

I think there are many others who hold similiar viewpoints but do not express them as they will get relentlessly drawn into debates.

Agree 100 percent, though I'm 55 to 45 on upside possibilities..

Edited by Guest

On 12/17/2018 at 6:57 AM, Sebastian said:

A thought always occurs to me when the speculation of "zero" use/price comes up... why wouldn't some employees of Ripple simply quit/split off and buy or create their own bank and use it there? If it's a good idea/system, why would they just let it drop? Seems like XRP and corresponding systems will always be useful for something.

Sign in to follow this