Sign in to follow this  

Say 500 banks are actively using XRP, what's the price?

This has probably been answered before in some way, but here goes the question anyway. I couldn't find anything searching..

Has anyone ventured on figuring out what the target price for each XRP must be for "healthy" liquidity among active corridors?

I'm guessing it varies based on volume, businesses using it etc. 

Has anyone tried figuring this number out? I thought I read something a few months ago but can't find it. 

It depends on what capacity they are using it in. When a bank decides to use x-rapid, it doesn't mean they are automatically going to use it for all of their transactions at once. Most likely they will slowly phase it in. That's why despite the fact that Caulix, Mercury FX, and that one other credit place launched with x-rapid in October, you don't see massive volumes.

I doubt there's a target price. Banks and remittance services will bring up the liquidity and price will increase slowly as they increase their reliance and x-rapid, worldwire, or whatever blockchain solution they are using. Spiking the price all of a sudden is simply a stupid as price spikes are always accompanied by price drops afterwards. You have a far better chance of maintaining a price if you move it up slowly and yes, banks have the patience to do that.

only thing that moves price is speculators.   if speculators dont care you  can see little movrment.  pricr does not need to be high for banks to use it. if no NEW buyerS buy or old burned buyers from 2017 then it's just money circulating... and being recycled in this BEAR market.  sooner we accept the more money you can make

1 hour ago, katsam said:

only thing that moves price is speculators

Won't real usage play a big role and if i understand only real usage will bring price stability?  If a bank is trying to transfer say $1 million from USD to MXN peso, won't they need to buy up $1 million worth of XRP on exchange? 

19 minutes ago, kickstart said:

Won't real usage play a big role and if i understand only real usage will bring price stability?  If a bank is trying to transfer say $1 million from USD to MXN peso, won't they need to buy up $1 million worth of XRP on exchange? 

With usage and volume comes a price based off of utility. But so many people have theorized about what that number could be. It's a moving target, and my question was a bad one because if there is such a number - it wouldn't be public. I should have known better before posting. 

We'll just have to wait and see. I've seen interpretations of what utility use can represent in price and it has ranged widely, from 10 cents to over 12 dollars, but that didn't include how speculation will come into play among many other factors. I guess I was just trying to see if anyone has found something more concrete than shooting darts in the dark. All I know is this, this will be a long play in order to win. 

Robert Mitchnick (Ripple Intern) and Susan Athey (Ripple Board of Directors) tried to sort of answer this question.

https://medium.com/@robbiemitchnick/a-fundamental-valuation-framework-for-cryptoassets-e101f1206901

This exercise produces an implied expected value range today for bitcoin of $13,600–28,100 and for XRP of $1.59–8.23 on a probability weighted, present value basis.

These are ranges of expected values; the range of potential realizations is much wider, and in particular, we believe there is a significant probability of a near-zero long-term value for both assets (and the industry more broadly), as well as the potential to realize significantly higher valuations than those reflected in these ranges. Nonetheless, these outcomes provide support to the notion that the price levels reached by major cryptoassets over the last year may prove to be well-founded by the long-term fundamentals of this asset class.

Sign in to follow this