Say 500 banks are actively using XRP, what's the price?

7 hours ago, Mr_Cambridge said:

All I know is this, this will be a long play in order to win. 

Sure feels like it.  Although how the various economies of the world perform over the next 12 months *may* have quite a lot to do with the speculative aspect of the overall market (and XRP) as well.  With utility I have seen no more elaborate models than the Athey/intern and the PV/Q models.  Still feeling that a utility model is yet to be established, probably coming in the form of "we'll see it when we see it".

7 hours ago, Sebastian said:

Robert Mitchnick (Ripple Intern) and Susan Athey (Ripple Board of Directors) tried to sort of answer this question.

https://medium.com/@robbiemitchnick/a-fundamental-valuation-framework-for-cryptoassets-e101f1206901

Bizarre that people seem to gloss over and ignore

"in particular, we believe there is a significant probability of a near-zero long-term value"

Part of that quote. Proves how tunnel visioned and seeing what you want to see people are when they have sunk money into something.

Edited by Dinoizzy

15 minutes ago, Dinoizzy said:

Bizarre that people seem to gloss over and ignore

"in particular, we believe there is a significant probability of a near-zero long-term value"

Part of that quote. Proves how tunnel visioned and seeing what you want to see people are when they have sunk money into something.

But on the other hand, there are OTC sales happening.

27 minutes ago, djdhrubs said:

We all want XRP to go up a lot. But if it first goes to a very low value, close to zero, and then goes up a lot afterwards, it'll be very irritating.

My a$$ will be twitching like a rabbits nose if we go anywhere near 0!

1 minute ago, Dinoizzy said:

Will you buy any if we do?

I will, but probably not much. Mainly to lower my dollar cost average and make me feel a bit better. To be honest I'd be running out of fiats anyway having invested a reasonable amount already. 

12 hours ago, Mr_Cambridge said:

This has probably been answered before in some way, but here goes the question anyway. I couldn't find anything searching..

Has anyone ventured on figuring out what the target price for each XRP must be for "healthy" liquidity among active corridors?

I'm guessing it varies based on volume, businesses using it etc. 

Has anyone tried figuring this number out? I thought I read something a few months ago but can't find it. 

www.xrpbalance.com   this was produced using material provided from a paper written by Susan Athey (Board of Directors, Ripple) and Robert Mitchnick (Stanford Graduate School of Business) in the paper A Fundamental Valuation Framework for Cryptoassets.  You can change various variable parameters

Edited by Julian_Williams